Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Attack on Titan Final Season - Different studio and increased CGI aside, the show is still excellent. It has the human story, it has the world building, it has horror, drama etc. It was pretty dumb to call it the final season but it's so goddamn good that I forgive it.

Godzilla: Singular Point - A real breath of fresh air, this is a more hard sci-fi look at Godzilla. The story starts small and balloons to apocalyptic proportions but still manages to be consistently fun. Ultimately, any show that has Jet Jaguar fighting a hive of immortal crab-spiders with a spear made from a kaiju-spine is alright by me.

Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S2 - Cute, funny and gay. They managed to thread the needle again and make a remarkably great and heartwarming show out of this source material. Even Ilulu is good!

So I'm a spider, so what? - I know the production values are below average, they made some questionable editing decisions and half the story is kind of crap but I love the other half enough that I don't care dammit! The main character is consistently engaging with fantastic voice-acting. The plot is intriguing and fairly dense but not impenetrable. This series impressed me in ways beyond a lot of other shows in the genre.

SSSS:Dynazenon - I actually would have voted 86 over this if I noticed it but since I have to commit now, Dynazenon is a lot of fun and a visual treat. It has a ton of character to it and some outstanding visual storytelling. It isn't nearly as good as Gridman and that's the biggest knock against it.

Honorable mentions:

86 - It's better than Dynazenon.
Dr Stone S2 - Less cool science poo poo than S1, but still good.
Realist Hero - I was digging it until they started setting up the harem and glorifying the MC a bit too much.
Zombie Land Saga S2 - It was a bit inconsistent, sometimes excellent and sometimes outright dull. Junko's song kicked rear end.
Wonder Egg Priority - Absolutely outstanding for 80% of the show. Then it epically shits the bed and pukes on it for good measure. I'd still recommend watching up to that point tho.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU