Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Honorable mentions:
  • Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannon desu: This one makes it in almost entirely because the color pallet is pretty albeit overly vivid. Generally fine as a relaxing watch, but otherwise not really anything special.
  • Back Arrow: Mecha-ish series with the right amount of ridiculous background metaphysics.
  • Horimiya: Despite all of the problems of adapting this particular series, I generally enjoyed these two goofballs. I know some people were unhappy about certain things that came over from the source material, but overall a reasonable adaptation of a solid romcom.
  • Yuru Camp: Comfy. I liked that they went back to show some of Shimarin's experiences which drew in some things that we saw in season 1
Top 5
  1. Jujutsu Kaisen: Probably the best shonen series I've seen in a while. I unfortunately forgot to pick up the manga after the hiatus so I'm pretty behind on that.
  2. 86: Interesting dystopia with a good cast of characters with their own internal conflicts on how to handle the world around them.
  3. Shin no Nakama: Another fun pair of dorks trying their best to not get involved with the usual fantasy hero/demon king shenanigans so that they can sell some drat drugs (i.e. run an apothecary). The assassin and her spider own.
  4. Kumoko: The Aoi Yuuki show. The animation quality was very spotty with any CG that wasn't Kumoko looking pretty bad. That said, I went into the series for the Aoi Yuki monologuing and was not disappointed in this regard. The interchanges between Kumoko and D were particularly amusing... JIBAKU
  5. Love Live! Superstar!!: Cutting the cast down gave a lot more time for individual character development which was somewhat of a problem in the previous 9 member format.

kirtar fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Erg posted:

The MAL user base is probably a decade+ younger on average than SA. Their rankings will likely not be helpful to you!
Also Ousama Ranking isn't eligible for 2021 by our rules.