Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Oh poo poo, the Outy thread already.

Uh, I watched a lot of anime this year, for some reason.

Here are my extremely normie opinions. I'm just going to do this as a top 10, so the first five are honorable mentions or whatever

10.Re Zero 2: I voted for this last year, so I don't think it gets to score twice, and the second half of season two was maybe not quite as engaging as the first? It's been a while.

9.Shadows House: Wonderfully atmospheric, even if it's a merely good adaptation of an amazing manga.

8.Megalobox 2: Devastating, the only way a decent sequel to Megalobox could go.

7.Eighty-Six: (just season 1 if that's the ruling?) Not usually my sort of show, but this won me over pretty quickly.

6.Mushoku Tensei: mostly for season 2. Has nearly every problem the isekai genre ever has, but it's good enough that I don't really care.

5.Maidragon 2: Maybe better than season 1?

4.To Your Eternity: It's notable how rarely fantasy settings are used to tell genuinely strange stories.

3.Jujutsu Kaisen: extremely well-executed spoopy-flavoured shonen fighting thing.

2.Vivy: I don't think I liked the ending as much as some, but this was still a great bit of robottery.

1.Odd Taxi: I assume enough has been said about this by now.

Near misses/ more interesting than good/ would be on the list were I in a slightly different mood: Pretty Boy Detectives, Dr Stone 2, Idaten Deities, Mars Red, Sonny Boy, Heaven's Design Team, Zombie Land Saga 2, Star Wars Visions, Yurucamp 2, Magia Record 2

That's more action-spectacle heavy than my usual top lists, guess I appreciated the distraction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU