Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
drat I jumped the gun there, huh.

1) Nomad - Megalobox S2.
Huge departure in tone from the previous season, great mingling of Spanish to establish the nomad refugees in the story and theme, just satisfying as all hell.

2) Eva 3.0+1.0
The first chunk of the film is so not-eva in tone that it ends up being a beautiful exploration of the things we think are the rock-solid foundations of the series. Wastes the back half with top many particle-Evas and doesn't come close to some of evocative work done in EoE, but gently caress is, I've waited years for this.

3) Jobless Reincarnation
Getting through S1 was kind of a slog considering the mind of a 20-something NEET is stuffed inside of a child and fully pervs out over poo poo left and right. But the story focus shift, amazingly well done animation and backgrounds, and a really sobering look at just how the dude became a self-loathing sack of sad in the previous life ended flipping it around for me.

4) So I'm A Spider, So What?
I'd probably drop this a little higher save for the rushed CGI that dragged down the human fights.

5) obligatory Nagatoro nod
What can I say, I love those two dumbasses.

Honorables:

SSSS Dynazenon
Didn't grip me the same way that the previous series did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I didn't see the Mickey Mouse shorts or Animaniacs either this lost is bunk

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Malsangoroth posted:

I liked Vivy. I have also not played Detroit Become Human. What I'm gathering is that I should play Detroit Become Human.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it and a lot of it is very pretty but it's a Dave Cage game so just go in with the expectation that you'll make some choices that can change outcomes and not worry too much about it.