Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I didn't watch 5 2021 anime in FULL but I did watch -some- 2021 anime... I was mostly busy playing video games in my free time.

1) Sonny Boy - Like Kaiba, one of those shows where you don't understand how it got made and survived the many cooks in the production kitchen with its vision intact. A show that'll be remembered and dissected for a long time.
2) Link Click - Masterfully directed, makes you feel like the episodic characters involved are main characters you've known for years. Banger of an OP.
3) Vivy - Fun sci-fi action show with decent tension and good production values. The theme park carnage as a robot sings in front of corpses is maybe the most memorable prologue opener since Cowboy Bebop's flowers in the puddle.
4) Bakarina s2 - Still mostly fun but felt a bit pointless and slightly more hetero. I didn't really care much about the new characters.. also, the show already was kind of flanderizing its characters in the second half of the first season but it feels like they're just dialing that up more and more.
5) Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop - Charming slice of life movie at a mall with characters you want to root for... hits that nostalgia of mall life which is something I enjoy (earlier this year I also watched that documentary Jasper Mall and had some strong emotions about it). The only issue I had was the use of CG for the backgrounds.. I actually liked the overvibrance of it, had that tackiness that makes a lot of sense for malls, but I would've preferred more hand-painted backgrounds, especially for a film.

e: updated list now that I had some time to watch a bit more anime. iirc this is what i voted on the form but maybe i'm mistaken!

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

thanks, I edited my post in here