Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
1) Odd Taxi - Odd Taxi has a ton of style, an interweaving narrative that it pulls off better than any other show I've seen attempt it, likeable characters, a neat twist, and idols. What's not to like?

2) IDOLiSH7: Third BEAT! - Idolish7 continues to be the acme of idol anime. This season didn't quite reach the high bar set by the previous, but it was still really, really good. I love these boys.

3) Mushoku Tensei - This is just a very well done adventure story. Yes, it's isekai, and yes, that's been overdone to hell and back, but with an interesting world, great characters, an engaging story, and beautiful visuals, I don't care. Also, Roxy is really cute.

4) Love Live! Superstar!! - This is by far the weakest entry in the franchise, but hell, I still love live. Having really good production values helps, too. As safe as the writing felt, the characters were still charming (not you, Ren), and Heanna and to a lesser extent Kanon had satisfying arcs. I hope the second season takes more risks. Oh, and Keke was good+fun enough to cause me to oshihen.

5) SSSS.DYNAZENON - While not as good as Gridman, Dynazenon was still great. Having been watching some toku shows in recent years, I enjoyed the anime take on various tropes of the genre, and it was fun and funny. The fights could have been more dynamic, but ultimately, I'm not Droyer: I was watching for the character dynamics, not the robots.

Honorable mentions to Jujutsu Kaisen for accomplishing the difficult task of making me enjoy fight shounen, and to A+ moe SoL shows Non Non Biyori and Yuru Camp for continuing to be top in class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Yeah, having now watched the Revue Starlight movie, I gotta rank it. #3, I think, bumping Mushoku Tensei and Superstar down, and Dynazenon off.

It's real good, and if you liked RS, you really need to go watch it.

The form didn't give me an option to revise my previous submission, so I submitted a new one - please disregard the old.