Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
So, I wanted to vote for Ousama Ranking, but since it was ineligible, this is what I got:

1. Megalobox 2: Nomad - I actually really loved Megalobox 1 a lot, watched it 3 times all the way through, but I was blown away by season 2. Such a great end to Joe's arc. Love you, Chief.

2. Komi Can't Communicate - Not sure if this isn't being ranked higher because it was in Netflix jail (though I believe it was only a week behind the Japanese broadcast,) but whatev. I loved this show. Every episode (except the one with the dog-girl) left me with a huge, dumb grin on my face. Loved Komi and Tadano and Najimi.

3. Blue Period - see above about Netflix jail. This felt like it came out of nowhere, with very little hype. I know absolutely nothing about art, but the characters were compelling enough to keep me watching, even if this was basically like any other shonen/sports story, with art as the sport. Though, I guess there's not really a competition other than the main character against themselves. Still, it got me to understand a little more about art, and I felt the story was touching without being cloying, and felt pretty realistic and grounded. Strongly recommend it.

4. Zombie Land Saga Revenge - I felt like they stepped up the songs this go-around, and learning more about the characters' backgrounds and the overall lore was great.

5. Yuru Camp 2 - I will never not love this cozy show.

Again, if I were able to, Ousama Ranking would be #1 easily. While I really liked 86, season 2 not being eligible didn't really mean anything for me, it still wouldn't break the top 5. I also wish I could have voted for Kiyo in Kyoto.

I watched a lot of anime this year for...reasons. So here are all the ones I finished:

86 s. 1 - 2
Aggretsuko s. 4
Blue Period
Dr. Stone: Stone Wars
Fena: Pirate Princess
Gokushufudou -The Way of the Househusband
Horimiya
Kimetsu no Yaiba - Mugen Train Arc
Komi Can’t Communicate
Megalobox 2: Nomad

My Hero Academia - s. 5
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Roads Lead to Doom X
Odd Taxi
Pokémon Evolutions
Shin Evangelion Movie: 3.0 + 1.0 Thrice Upon a Time
Star Wars Visions
Super Cub
Those Snow White Notes
Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun s. 2
Wonder Egg Priority
Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop
Yuru Camp s.2
Zombie Land Saga: Revenge

I would heartily recommend every one of these except Wonder Egg Priority. Y'all know why. I'm also a big fan of Hero Academia and Dr. Stone, but felt like since those are long, ongoing series, I should vote for other, less popular offerings.

I also started watching Let's Make a Mug and Godzilla Singular point and plan to get around to finishing those as well.

Don't worry, Bojji. You'll get my vote next year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU