Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

5. Godzilla: S. P - i still have one episode left but this is here mostly be default. i did like this, the characters are a lot of fun and nicely varied, but i don't think it juggles the mix between very hard science-fiction with kaiju battle and survival as well as often as it does manage to. orange continues to be the only good anime studio doing cg.

4. Build Divide: Code Black - i don't really watch card game shows, and i didn't know what was going on during most of the card battles in this, but, it's the matrix. now in card game form!

3. Super Cub - a series a lot like yurucamp, only lonelier, more in the moment. sometimes it feels like a super cub commercial, and an effective one too, but it boils down to the freedom of travel giving connections and color to an otherwise dreary and monotonous life. something about its linkage between a hobby and individuals coming into themselves feels more genuine and fully realized than other series of its kin.

2. Evangelion 3.0+1.0 - a celebration. of life, of animation, of evangelion. the stretch of sequences in the village, especially with rei, are some of the most insightful and considerate stuff anno has ever done. the action justifies the use of digital animation, and in terms of its artistic direction it feels like anno is finally looking forward to the next generation of animators rather than his forebears. the whole film feels like a man who's been through it and finally come to some sort of revelation. and now, on-wards!

1. Sonny Boy - sparse, melancholic, dreamlike, full of stray observations about people and the world that feel sharp and true, with the wit and imagination to portray it for fresh eyes. it's able to pull off a mix of abstraction and naturalism without getting lost in either, fully expressing itself in images where words wouldn't suffice, expressing itself in words where our own imagination is the vessel of creation. in other words, lovely. great soundtrack too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU