Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
If you're worried about your butter going off before you get a chance to use it, try making one James Martin recipe a week*

*not to be undertaken before discussions with your cardiologist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

crispix posted:

or Simply Sara

*not to be undertaken before arrangements made with your undertaker

He made a croque monsieur on Saturday Kitchen this week that used 200g of butter to fry a sandwich with a cheese sauce that had 50g of butter in it.

https://www.jamesmartinchef.co.uk/recipes/christmas-leftovers-croque-monsieur/

It just looked so oily.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I wish I had a puddy tat to post pix of but we're not allowed pets here so I would have to have an indoor cat, but also the thought of a litter tray stinking out my tiny flat and the possibility of a kitty escaping through an open front door into the maze of the building doesn't bear thinking about!

Embrace Web 1.0 and get a bonsai kitten

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The best way to watch Amazon Prime series is through an Apple TV and Up Next, honestly.

Best streaming box around tbh, and the 4's aren't insanely priced second hand.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Borrovan posted:

This is true again wrt film/tv. Install Plex on your TV, torrent all your poo poo on your PC, no more loving around trying to work out which platform you need to use to watch [x].

Jellyfin is free and does the same thing as Plex now.

https://www.smarthomebeginner.com/docker-home-media-server-2018-basic/

With a day's worth of effort, you can build this for about £40 and £5-10/month ongoing (VPN, Usenet) and have an entirely automated, secure, homebrew streaming system.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Paperhouse posted:

This sounds good, but I don't understand how it can be automated without downloading a bunch of poo poo that you don't want? It seems like you'd have to do a lot of finessing for that not to happen, in which case you might as well have just chosen what you wanted and downloaded it yourself

Sonarr as an example, I tell it that I want to watch Elementary (2012), that I want only the First Season, and that I want it in 1080p quality. Sonarr communicates over API to search Indexers, finds the files in the sufficient quality, and then sends them to the download client (again with API). It does that daily, so if you're watching something that's still airing, as soon as it's available on the indexer it'll be found and the process will happen.

There's a lot of dialling in you can do. I've not had any problems with getting things.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Real Cool Catfish posted:

I was (and I’m sure some can correct me as this is searching the deep archives of my memory), under the impression the CPS is, like every government funded part of society, buckling under the weight of lack of proper funding and cost cutting measures.

Oh and a distressingly large amount of our legal system is propped up using volunteers with minimal legal training. Now you might wonder what sort of person deciding the fate of their fellow man would attract. Seems that despite being kicked out at 70, 49% of magistrates are over 60. 1% are under 30.

There are courts turning away cases all over the country, Barristers getting paid less than minimum wage to detail cases and anything to do with funding is completely hosed.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

They get the coolest boats out of all the forces tbf. Like it’s a villain chic aesthetic but still.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Borrovan posted:

I thought most of the :filez: advocates were saying to pirate poo poo because it's easier. I certainly was. I liked just having all the stuff I wanted to watch on Netflix or iplayer, but now it's a big hassle so it's back to piracy.

ngl though I did get a lol out of the immediate response to me saying that being

(no offence Meatlove, I totally get it, it just made me laugh)

I get it. You start with Windows Media Player as a gateway drug and then you're buying a 42U rack from a chocolate factory outside Frome and trying to fit all the panels in your car.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

There's much better posters about tennis who can tell you the full story and they can even throw in Nadals knee issues that have a lot in common with competition body builders. Djokovic stands out to me in the same way Froome does in the cycling world. Both had 'undiagnosed' health problems that were simultaneously mild enough to prevent them from being elite sportsmen in endurance heavy disciplines but when cured elevated them to the 99.9% of performers.

To put it another way, Djokovic (And other notable names) have been at the top end of the sport for near 20 years. In a sport that requires exceptional levels of fitness with effectively a non functioning drugs testing program.

Remember that four year period were you could chart Nadal’s cycling by the tournaments he’d back out of last minute with [generic injury]

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Only Kindness posted:

Addendum to earlier post: I shall eventually be ripping my CIAM DVDs with AnyDVD+MakeMKV, transferring the resulting Matroska files to a Kingston DataTraveler Micro 32GB (DTMCK/32GB) and playing them back using the media player app in my TV.

So, please update your XLSXs accordingly - while enjoying your Netflix subscription perhaps?

Let's Run This Joke Into The Ground Oops Too Late

Does your TV support HEVC H.265 over H.264? That's a lot of room to be wasting on inefficient compression otherwise.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Speaking of, I've finally got round to getting Red Dead Redemption 2 (I absolutely refuse to pay >£30 for a video game and I realise how ridiculous a position that is).

Inflation is a loving killer

https://twitter.com/OldUKCatalogues/status/1362069359221497859?s=20

£115 for Space Invaders

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Private Speech posted:

But also wages rise with inflation too

:lol:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Tiramasu but the sponge is soaked in chai

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

im going to win the competition with my platinum encrusted pudding with all the platinum i'm going to scrape up off the roads

Leave it in your boot and eventually it'll all get smelted again as well.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

As the inheritor of the great liberal traditions, acting as a bulwark against neoliberalism from the States, I think he should go for the Western Wall party

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

I mean his granddad got taken out by a speedball, I guess they'll just have an unexplained cardiac event as he sleeps

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

That's a lot of words to say "he's a liberal" & then post the causes are very good tweet

Wonder if this spy who’s had training on how to deal with and exploit fracturing power bases in volatile regions is somehow being honest in his assessments

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

jiggerypokery posted:

When MPs are whipped beyond the pale it's usually (allegedly) either nonceing or a video existing of them getting peed on.

That or they really are as loving stupid as they sound

In Gove’s case isn’t he easily whippable because he is easily whippable?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Skulker posted:

I mean she's not wrong but Jack Monroe is also The Worst.

This seems a weird thing to post with no clarification?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

ronya posted:

I'm more annoyed that the Vimes "boots" theory is basically about credit rather than inflation. Vime's boots are cheaper now but more expensive over time. That's the whole point!

The overall point of her initial thread was that supermarkets were deliberately targeting price rises in basics ranges to keep attractive ‘two can dine for £10’ end aisle style deals feasible. So it still fits in the socioeconomic unfairness bracket imo.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Danger - Octopus! posted:

So companies will end up with small 'prestige' offices to take clients to and for executive meetings in city centres while the remaining office-based staff travel to/from the ones on the edges of the city

I've seen this in my field of IT already - main office is just outside of Reading, swanky client base is a floor somewhere close to, but not exactly at, Salesforce Tower. All the address envy, 90% less cost for everybody involved. One of them was even in a WeWork space.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

ThomasPaine posted:

and there's no reason someone wouldn't be able to incorporate that safely with a bit of self-experimentation.

Maybe let it cool down a bit first? Scalding injuries are still scalding injuries regardless of diabetic status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Jakabite posted:

I really read this as you thinking TP had dropped a sick, ‘get new diabetes methods, old time’ burn on Jedit and was momentarily so confused

I feel like it would be letting the thread down to not make the wanking joke