Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Drone_Fragger posted:

I guess you're correct, the flights were only gifted by BA as a marketing stunt, the hotel was paid for by someone currently unknown, and at the time Bradford was only tier 3 and hence wasn't in lockdown, and of course it's impossible to prove where someone actually got COVID, so really the entire thing is conjecture that he caught it there anyway.

He could charitably have decided to #YOLO it anyway even knowing the risks.

You either die a hero or live long enough to see your face plastered on the most tacky merch ever by your grifter offspring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe
Anyone who is deluded enough to believe in scarcity of digital goods needs to play on a private MMO server and watch as an admin covers the ground in the rarest purps ever to exist in the game like so much trash.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe
Someone posted in the bitcoin thread about how each $1 of Bitcoin is only backed by 0.03 cents of actual currency due to shady market shenanigans. It makes your prospects of cashing out in any reasonable manner dicey at best.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Total Meatlove posted:

Embrace Web 1.0 and get a bonsai kitten

Make a NFT of it and post it on the blockchain for full Web 3.0 goodness.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe
OP's relative should just think off the biggest number she thinks the company will pay then triple it.

Capitalism innit.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe
Smokers are well known as the only patients who never need help or encouragement to mobilise. As soon as they're able they will drag themselves out of the nearest door to have a smoke.

They might have just lost a foot because of smoke related complications or be lugging a tank of oxygen by by God they will figure out how to take that smoke break.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Julio Cruz posted:

I shop in Sainsbury's or Tesco because they're the only places that let you scan your shopping and bag it up as you go round

Waitrose as well.

Also Waitrose self-checkouts don't weigh what you've scanned for some bizarre reason.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

NotJustANumber99 posted:

My family's cleaner's as I grew up had a robin reliant, lovely old gal. Not bad car either.

Never really fancied a hilux, from my time living in the states I didnt understand why our pickups were so puny by comparison. But yeah now our pickups are a bit bigger it doesnt really suit.

Still got my cyber truck deposit down

Have you considered that hilux will beat any other vehicle on the road since it can mount a .50 around the back.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

winegums posted:

A big problem GP has is poor ratios of doctor to general public. Compared to other European countries we lag massively.

The other huge problem is the British public. Constant appointments for loving nothing coupled with a legal system that encourages defensive practice leads to a lot of bad medicine.

It's not helped by GPs being drained away to supervise vaccinations or simply quitting after a year of COVID burnout. In spite of everything, doctors (especially older ones from the bad old days) are well paid and many keep slaving away into their 60s and 70s out of dedication rather than any need for money.

So some of these smaller GPs end up with one green GP flailing around out of their depth husbanding a flock of nurses and paramedics conscripted into playing doctor. This leaves you with half-baked medical opinions and no one to do the equally important nursing or paramedic-ing.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Failed Imagineer posted:

The pets part is right tho

What's the energy conversion efficiency of kibble though.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

Now my face is slimy and my goldfish is dead. Also I'm still not warm. Now what?

Use a jellyfish and you'll be on fire.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Just Another Lurker posted:

Might have kept you off a ventilator, which is apparently.... not fun. :byodood:

Maybe if you introduced aerosolised cannabinoids to the ventilator circuits everyone that went under and woke up would describe a really long, radical trip.

IANAA.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

Oh I see, Boris was thrown to the sharks to distract them from Andrew :tinfoil:

For all of his endless stream of faults at least Boris does it with consenting adults.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe
I do wonder how much a small dose of antipsychotics slipped into a drink would change a flat-earther's views.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Barry Foster posted:

I mean, not at all? They're not psychotic, they're just emotionally driven to believe stupid things (just like everyone else)

The evidenced medical treatment for Morgellons (delusional parasitosis) are antipsychotics. Some of these conspiracists almost certainly have the same pathology.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Scikar posted:

Isn't the Davy Crocket the one where if fired, the chances of the operator surviving were not particularly great? Trying to work out whether to imagine they meant ordering others to use them, or a Strangelove thing.

I did some reading about these once. The blast radius is about a mile?

That also happens to be the range so you're firing it and running the gently caress away and hoping for only second degree burns and a light bath of ionising radiation.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

My Loyal Labourdor

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

keep punching joe posted:

M&C Satchi accidentally put a real nonce in the box. The one thing we didn't want to happen dot gif.

I hear Private Citizen Andrew is looking for a job now he's been grounded and had his lunch money taken away by mummy.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

I had some of that along a silicone seam in my kitchen, I ended up getting that hypochlorite gel that you leave on for 4 hours and it works much better than anything else that I tried

Can you elaborate on this please? There's some stubborn mould in my washing machine that needs purging.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe
Curious that the whips keep blackmail material on themselves. Surely the first thing you would do when appointed one would be to delete it/change it to something innocent like "nonces occasionally".

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

serious gaylord posted:

No that's not how it works. This isn't addressed to op so it doesn't fall under the rules about keeping things you didn't order. This in an error and I would open the package and contact the sending company.

While true that most companies would simply write it off, if it was a high value item they would try and recover it.

Waiting for the trip report when op finds it's full of sex toys.

Or worse, warhams.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe
Passport chat - I'm curious as to why doctors aren't allowed to sign unless they "know you personally" and they then exclude GPs from the list.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

TACD posted:

Do any work-from-home goons have good chair recommendations? Been meaning to get a new chair for ages since WfH has become permanent and since trialing a desk yesterday my neck is hurting from craning up to look at the screen whenever I’m in seated mode, so it’s suddenly annoyingly urgent ☹️

If your company won't supply you one then I can recommend finding the local 2nd hand office supplier and getting a chair from them. The companies with VC money will throw out their barely used Herman Miller equivalents and these ccan be had for very little.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe
I was at a falconry demo and the trainer opened by saying "X here is not your friend. There is no concept of friendship in its brain. It only obeys you because you bring it food."

Words to live by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I love battletech and desperately want to play another stompy flight sim game, but then I saw something the other day about a bunch of chuds praising the new mechwarrior for 'not giving into woke sjw pressure' which I can only assume means it's a dickhead game for dickheads now.

I just want to customise a giant robit. :smith:

A bit late to the party but the main novellist for Battletech is a capital-C Confederate.