Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

The Question IRL posted:

And that is what Crypto has done and what NFT wants to do. Move the discussion away from "Wait, why do I use this, it's awful?" To "look we almost have the energy problem cracked."

Amazing, instead of any semblance of shame the people involved are happy to tout their involvement in it. That's what happens with our cultural values, I suppose (by which I mean, failing upwards).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

goddamnedtwisto posted:

We're just pretending this post didn't happen, right?

I can't believe it's not better

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I heard jembery crumbum watched Harry Potter once, yet more antisemitism from the so called tolerant left

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

smellmycheese posted:

Unionist politician suggesting “the blockchain” as an alternative to the NI Protocol lol

An oven ready blockchain, no less

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

... I am scared to try and change it in case Three get my accounts in a complete mess which wouldn't surprise me, UK customer services being what they are these days.

Yeah don't risk it unless you want to spend a lot of time getting them to fix whatever they cock up. My monthly cost went from £8 to £16, called them up to get a better deal... then their next letter informed me my bill was now £24 a month. Fixed, eventually (£9 a month for 50% more data) but quite a pain.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Strong future "Ah, well! Nevertheless" energy in this thread now

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Just made a right mess getting myself some cake. Since I'm working from home I have to clean it up myself, quick someone commission me to write a multi-thousand word article about the perils of working from home and how we all need to Get Back To The Office so I don't have to clean up after myself. (Alternate commission for "Help my cleaning lady is isolating, I'm the real victim" would also be accepted)

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

I bought a box of these before Christmas (at more than 50p let me tell you) and mai wife gave them away to the bloody postman (?). Please tell me they're awful.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Meeting serkeef in person? Bit risky, he'll be needing a covid test

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

OwlFancier posted:

I guess technically I can put a voice to her but the voice is just the queen's voice.

Thatcher's voice is actually very distinctive and nothing much like the Queen's. Supposedly Liz Truss has been putting on a deeper voice lately to evoke comparisons with Thatcher but I don't see (hear) it myself.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Sanford posted:

He’s absolutely certain that at a certain preordained date and time later this year everyone who’s had the vaccine will drop dead on the spot.

How does he react to the suggestion that he may have mental health issues?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It was Shadow Hearts for me. Would be completely believable without the reference to Midsomer Murders, everyone knows the illuminati favor Columbo

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
That's Steven Segal

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
So the overall consequences of all this are simply going to be that Dick going into the House of Lords and Sue Gray resigning in disgust, right? Oh, and of course CON (+5)

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm having a heavy day on the 'delete before pressing send' on facebook and twitter today. (Mistake of signing into twitter. Signed out again after my first unsent ranty tweet.)
I think I better go for a walk.

A recent twitter update has made it that little bit harder to use, and I'm kinda grateful, as it means I look at it less and particularly read far fewer comments (as the new update auto scrolls back to the top when I press back after looking at a set of comments). They just need to keep making it worse and worse until no-one wants to bother with it.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
So is Sue Gray holed up in a travelodge with a typewriter or something as MI5 try to locate and destroy do yous reckon

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

sinky posted:

Yum, more Operation Red Meat for Big Dog
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1486492825101426694?s=20

gently caress I hate tories so much

More like Operation Green Fields as they put together a plan to get everyone on benefits picking fruit and veg this summer. "Britain's back in business!" they will cry as the poorest are bussed to fields to pick turnips from dusk til dawn so they can be processed for discard at a Tory donor's warehouse with the waste shipped to Indonesia via Argentina

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

stev posted:

Whenever I catch a recent Simpsons episode the main thing that strikes me is how embarrassing Homer has become as a character. He used to be an out of touch middle aged man, but now he's that but is also being played and written by out of touch middle aged men the cringe just compounds on itself forever until you want to die.

What do you expect, new Homer grew up in the 90s

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

This is like when Alan Partridge or Toast make jokes about what they were getting up to in the 60s to make the characters seem even more ancient except for reals

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I think DE is £6 at the mo, with special price discount, worth it??

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

What happened to the real Andrew Neil?

He realised just how batshit the crowd that he was appealing to were and doesn't want his legacy to be that of a fascist nonce. Good luck with that, sweet Prince

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

stev posted:

The closest I've ever seen to a 'community feel' in gambling terms is a big bingo hall. Everyone goes the same day(s) every week and they all know each other. But that doesn't stop it from being the most bleakly miserable community imaginable.

Went to one of these with friends, the £1 roast on offer wasn't even that bad. My friends did have a bust up and one of them trooped off to wetherspoons to get properly tanked up though. Overall rating success (have not been back since).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

"Your honor, I plead the fifth"
"Pipe down Bojo and pass the champers, this is Newsnight not Judge Judy"