Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by
Also to be a charity you just have to not pay out profits; the people running the charity can pay themselves whatever they like as wages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

The Question IRL posted:

So I saw this on Twitter this week.

https://twitter.com/RobDotHutton/status/1479098566731726852?t=0-JStP-0m4Jl2pl87xzRfg&s=19

Did the thread miss this? Did BoJo try and suggest that the reason he had to have number 10 done up was because Theresa May thrashed the place before she left?

No, he suggested that May was awfully middle class and that a gentleman such as himself couldn't be expected to live in a flat that looked like it had been furnished by John Lewis.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Bobstar posted:

Where did the Ivermectin thing even come from? Did some actual scientists look at it as a potential candidate and the antivaxers ran with it, or was it invented out of whole cloth?

There were some medical studies suggesting that ivermectin could have an effect on covid, but the sample size and overall quality of the studies was low, and even if they were accurate you would have to take a dangerously high dose to get the effect.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

BBC are reporting applause, cheers and MPs being turned away because it's so crowded. What's the loving point, I hope the Tories do scrap it all.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Sad Panda posted:

Just saw Blackfords speech https://youtu.be/wYNRsC7R9uQ being asked to leave for not accepting to use the word inadvertently. Is this pure decorum? Is it that there's no definite proof that Boris lied as it's still under investigation?

As far as I know it's pure decorum. There's a huge, mostly archaic list of unparliamentary language MPs aren't allowed to use. Even if Johnson had been proved to have lied, MPs can't call him a liar in the commons.