Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Happy new year thread. I hope there will be even more lols in 2022.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Reveilled posted:

I think I paid $225 for a full body portrait of my D&D Character, and since the guy was streaming the process I know it took him about 7 hours, so that's a little over $32 an hour. That to me felt like a fair wage for skilled work.

That seems low to me, assuming they’re self employed drawing stuff. Have to subtract for tax, pension etc perhaps.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

A pile of snotty custard

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

I’ve never tried putting butter/jam/cream on a Welsh cake. Tempted to make some to try it.

I’ve tried several times to make some following my great aunt’s recipe (with lard!) but they never come out right.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

TACD posted:

Threadmates, what's the correct procedure if we've accidentally accepted a package addressed to the former owners of our flat? We get a lot of their post and I normally just put RETURN TO SENDER on it and bung it back in the post, but this is a reasonably large book-sized thing that won't fit in a postbox.

My inclination is to hold onto it for a week or two in case they drive over and ask for it (I have no idea where they moved to, and we have no contact details for them) and then… bin it, I guess? Which doesn't feel great, but on the other hand I'm not massively sympathetic to somebody who's still ordering things to the wrong address over a year after moving out.

If you're feeling generous, you could try calling the sending company and explaining the situation? They might be able to email them.

Edit: unlreated to the above since I realised when I got the delivery confirmation email, but last year I managed to get a huge H+M order delivered to my old work, which I left well over a year before. Luckily the receptionist remembered me but I was really scared I'd bump into my old boss when I went to collect it.

We still occasionally get letters for the previous owners of our house and we've lived here 7 years.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Addicted to parties! Is that a new excuse line? Some kind of medical exemption

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Wizard Master posted:

What are your blokes thoughts on

What’s with this weird gimmick? Just read the thread. Or is it you are worried you might accidentally read a post by a non-bloke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

ThomasPaine posted:

Was this guy just an antimask weirdo or did he also move into antivax stuff?

Gotta have a diverse portfolio as an actor