Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Mebh posted:

My game is out this year so I'm pumped

Same :) Stakes are lower for me as I didn't have too much input into this one though, been very occupied with family the last couple of years.

Can I ask what game? PM if you're worried about doxxing yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Just had angry call and text from my landlord demanding to know why the rent for this month isn't in his account yet. I don't think he's realised today was a bank holiday.

Also getting stressed out by British Gas who have just told me I owe them 100 quid for November. Meanwhile People's Energy have been taking their £200 direct debit every month without fail including 29th Dec, and I haven't dared to cancel it because all the advice around collapsing energy companies said not to.

Tomorrow is going to involve watching my bank account like a hawk around 9am and then a lot of being on hold on the phone, I guess.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Maugrim posted:

Just had angry call and text from my landlord demanding to know why the rent for this month isn't in his account yet. I don't think he's realised today was a bank holiday.

The money went out this morning of course, but from a quick Google I get the impression that it's my responsibility as tenant to make sure the rent gets to his account by the 1st. Is that correct? I guess that would mean I need to move the standing order to like the 28th or something.

He's an extremely spiteful guy so we put a lot of effort into not pissing him off or ever having contact with him if possible.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Failed Imagineer posted:

Just lol if you don't have one of the things where you keep the butter upside-down in a little moat of water. great for stopping the butter going nasty but always spreadable. You do have to change the moat-water regularly tho

Wut

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

OwlFancier posted:

That's an impressive feature list for a cheese.

The word meant the dish/method of eating cheese originally, the cheese got named after it for marketing purposes.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
There is room for a variety of opinions amongst the tolerant left :3:

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Barry Foster posted:

Yes really

But not too much

No.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Marmite and melted butter were made for each other.

If the butter doesn't melt because I got to it too late, I have marmalade instead.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It particularly annoys me when people pronounce it suthuk, voicing the "th". It was originally "South Wark", the normal erosion of pronunciation turned it into suvvuk, either you accept the erosion or you don't, don't drop a "th" in there just to sound like you're better than the common proles.

I live in Southwark with a voiced 'th' and there's nothing you can do to stop me. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Got a little life hack for you all. If you don't have a bidet, a heinz ketchup bottle serves as a good surrogate, as their fancy cap produces a pretty powerful jet of water :)

Some may feel this is just a step away from keeping a turd knife, but as someone who handles two small people's poo on a daily basis I simply applaud the creativity