Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

That year was a real shitshow personally, spent half of it in jammies because I was so sick. No reason to think this year will be better but nonetheless I will trudge ahead with grim determination nevertheless. If the world sucks and life is suffering then every day we endure is a victory over creation.

Happy New Year!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Barry Foster posted:

Sincerely hope 2022 is kinder to you, comrade.

You won't be trudging alone regardless :glomp:

Thank you comrade :glomp: We'll get through!

Bel Shazar posted:

Y'all, it's still 2021 here in Texas... how is 2022 so far? 2021 and 2020 were real kicks in the balls, respectively, and I want to get a jump on preparing for a 2022 shitshow.

Alright so far, champaigne was pretty nice, the cats are sleeping soundly, still plenty of holiday snacks to enjoy!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I hate Musk slightly less than his ilk because he at least has a sense that there are Real Problems and has a vision to fix them. He identifies the problems incorrectly, the causes of the problems incorrectly, and prescribes solutions which range from asinine to prohibitively difficult, but I do think that's a tiny bit better than all the rich folks who think everything is just peachy. I'd rather have a useless numpty who fucks up everything than the very very competent evil fuckers running most other things.

I mean it's a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea really, and you do not under any circumstances "gotta hand it to him", but I'll give him the choice of execution method whereas the rest of 'em just get shoved up against the wall.

Fake e; I find I do this a lot actually. I see someone who is unmitigated dogshit and try and find some, well, mitigating factors. Some minor good things they have done or some aspect that is positive even if it's very insufficient to make up for all the exploitation they do. I think that despite my bitter cynicism I still just... want to believe better of our species and assume that everyone has the potential for good.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

The Question IRL posted:

But this documentary accurately explained it all. And how clones don't have belly buttons so you can tell them apart from real people.

God this is from days ago but it's a reference I just have to make;

Fuckin' nipple-necks!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I would absolutely not expect anarchists to trust or work with leninists, even as more broadly I think the left is far too riven with factionalism and in-fighting.

But also it bears mentioning that most of the left did put aside their differences in the short term to support things that, ultimately, fell very far short of what many of us think is necessary - Corbyn and Bernie are neither of them the radicals the center and right claims, but when they seemed viable options we backed them anyway. Hell, beyond even that, how many on the left voted even for poo poo like Clinton or Biden, because at least they're not Trump? And at that point you really are getting into the question of what it achieves because it makes the Lib Dems look like canny operators for getting a 5p plastic bag tax, it's more than we've loving extracted as compromises from the right.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

blunt posted:

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1482684824880132100

I wonder if this will include a storyline on Eastenders 🤔

Read the article though, the whole thing is wild. Including:

Just have the Beeb go "Look how many things we kept secret, like Jimmy Savile, isn't privacy bad actually?"

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

keep punching joe posted:

Must suck to be English and only have terrible political parties to vote for.

Not just English, the only place in the UK you can vote for a party that's outright good is Norn Iron.

Now, do I mean the Shinners or the Duppers? :troll:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I've usually had gaming chairs because trans girl gamer but I'm absolutely looking at a proper one like is under discussion next time I need a new one, the way people talk about them has sold me.