Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Soylent Yellow posted:

Pitcairn; English Dominion Overseas.

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

quote:

infantile Marxist disorder

Mods please

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

1965917 posted:

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1483321790168702978

OAP bus pass is an acceptable form of ID, student rail card or student pass isn't.

Feeling depressed today, its just one torrent of poo poo after another.

Having to pin your hopes on a bunch of unelected ‘lords’ to stop the UK becoming irredeemably fascist is loving grim.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

So scones crossed with dwarf bread then, got it. Thus furthering my suspicions that the Welsh have intermarried with the Dwarves at some point

I always think of it more as the dwarves intermarrying with the Welsh, somehow

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

The Perfect Element posted:

What is the story behind that list? Where did it come from? Rory Stewart's entry (as it were) is perfect.

Red Oktober posted:

Stewart's entry is absolutely incredible for sure.

I seem to remember it being leaked about 4 years ago.

Interesting to look at it now knowing things about e.g. Hancock.

Liam Fox's entry is something too.

What am I missing about Rory Stewart's entry?

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
The ah well nevertheless shite is already floating in: in The Sunday Times, notable bootlicker Camilla Long announces that it can’t be Boris’ fault for the parties and the cake and the Afghan Dog Rescue, because Boris isn’t actually a liar at all! It was Carrie! All this time! Taking advantage of sweet, gentle, gullible Boris!

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

I'm guessing it shows symptoms an economy that's run out of anything useful to hawk.

Like we can discuss the problems of advertising and so on in more general but at least the adverts for stairlifts on between all the lite detective dramas told an audience that that a stairlift was something that existed and, given that they were in a demographic that may benefit, here's a huge telephone number repeated five times. Even the countless slap-chop as-seen-on-tv adverts provided something that usually works for a few months. If all they've got left to sell to general audiences is "click button to transfer a chunk of your paycheck to an internet company in Gibraltar" then that seems like an agent of decay.

Going through my local tube stations in south London I’ve watched the advertising change over the last year from primarily advertising plant-based food options to gambling, buy-now-pay-later, crypto, rent your furniture, and finally it’s settled into straight-up ‘sell your possessions’.

Grim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

bornbytheriver posted:

Our own bootleg Kellyanne Conway

Strong 'pretending to be interested in your patter outside a shite pub at quarter to closing time waiting for the pause in your sentence to interrupt you to ask you for a fag' vibes here. Needs barred.