Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Y'all, it's still 2021 here in Texas... how is 2022 so far? 2021 and 2020 were real kicks in the balls, respectively, and I want to get a jump on preparing for a 2022 shitshow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Ms Adequate posted:

Thank you comrade :glomp: We'll get through!

Alright so far, champaigne was pretty nice, the cats are sleeping soundly, still plenty of holiday snacks to enjoy!

Barry Foster posted:

The Mayans got it wrong, we are ascending

Troot

Well, good enough start, then. Happy New Years, y'all.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I mean I don't work in computer touching or art and have never worked a higher salary than general admin, but £100 an hour seems kind of excessive when there are people barely making £10 an hour.

250 pounds an hour would be what we charged for a DBA's service or one of our prosrv architects, and every second thinking about the work would be billable. 100 would be my baseline so I might start by offering 130+.

Full disclosure, I am utterly poo poo at negotiating.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Sanford posted:

The centrism really is painful, she’s not a bad person - she just sometimes says and thinks bad things (he finished, weakly).

What's the missing piece that moves from "not bad person" to "bad person"?

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Sanford posted:

Yeah you also get to see the majority of things that make them a good person, and you rationalise the minority of bad things as not directly hurting anyone, and you try and live with it. Don’t we all?

I went with general misanthropy, myself...

e: this post is not an endorsement of misanthropy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

josh04 posted:

The political/media system is completely dysfunctional broken and has been since at least 2010 (probably since... Iraq? Diana?

We warned y'all back in the 18th century. Of course clearly we didn't listen to our own advice and decided a Baron Harkonnen is even better than a King George.