Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

This morning, I went out with the hoe again and scraped the leaves off a particularly treacherous bit of pavement, then dug the mud out of the gutter at the bottom of a nearby road. Very satisfying thing, maintaining your local environment. Had to stop when it started pissing it down, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I've been hearing about the redwall from the biggest rats and weasels around for a long time.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

of course the only consistent principle he has is security

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Britain's elite is at any given time, always either raping children or raping ethnics, or having like 8 mistresses.

What in the gently caress man can you all have a normal one

I mean America's zero points better but it is insane

I guess Theresa was a fairly normal person? Anyone have contradictory evidence of this because if so :justpost:

I'm not aware of any evidence that she was a sexual deviant but by good was she not normal

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

keep punching joe posted:

Pretty unfair to accuse her of anti semitism. She had a background character that was Jewish.

That name always floors me

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Very progressively writing minority characters like Anthony Goldstein the big brained Jew, Seamus Finnegan the Irish kid who blows things up a lot, and Ching Chong Cho Chang, the Asian girl who fill in this bit later and Harry has a crush on her.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

and now if I want to watch the new Star Trek

I have an absolutely brilliant solution to this.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

"I like science." -:spock:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Just for you, NJANNN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZaRfNjTPx8

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

bessantj posted:

Yeah but I wanted him to build the loop, find that people would die then blame the government for over regulation. When the news presenter said it was more like "a highway underground" all I could think was isn't that what Musk was trying to get away from?!

He's lazy and stupid, even with other people's labour and brains. Digging one tunnel took a long time and he got bored so he said "good enough" and put Teslas in it cause he already had those.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yes, you can just buy your way to success if you have enough money to throw at things. Electric cars and rocketry are both things we've had decades of practice doing, it's not like he was investing in anything actually risky. He was buying a business from thin air to attach a marketing department to.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Lungboy posted:

Parts of the media have noticed that Mandelson was mates with Epstein!

Wonder why it's just Mandelson they're going after? We may never know.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

He's the top adviser to the Labour party and a nonce.

Yeah but they don't give a gently caress about noncing and I'm sure there's other major Labour figures they could go after.

it's at least partly cause he's gay

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Better than their message to the rest of the country, FYAD

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I once tried to figure out how a flat world, generally, would actually work absent fantastical elements like giant turtles and actual magic. First I think you have to assume that gravity is just always universally downwards, and even that was so difficult to think about that I just sort of stopped.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Is it just me or are we halfway through January without a major snow day?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The past few years, every time it's snowed here I can't help wondering if it's the last one I'll ever see and I just don't know it yet.

Really hope we get one soon.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Last year it didn't come down heavily until late January but at least we had something in December. I'm probably worrying about nothing but I really hope we get some soon.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

We weren't teetering on the line between climate disaster and climate collapse when we were kids though.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's just a stupid dividing line I draw in my head I guess. It's symbolic.

Last year, the spiderweb on the outside of my window froze in the first week of January. I got some pretty good photos, I think.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

When is Laura K leaving again? Starting to wonder if this added context makes her departure look like a rat fleeing a sinking ship.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's their Twitter newsletter, whatever the gently caress that means.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Cue the centrist columns about how now that we've seen Boris's human side he's ok with us in 3, 2...

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The only book I can think of with HITLER prominently in the title like that is Spike Milligan's WW2 autobiography. Fabricant's book is much too big for that to be it though.

E: I was misremembering, it's "Adolf Hitler: My part in his downfall"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Btw if anyone is still denying Trump is demented, go look up any of his call-in guest spots on that one American talk show. Was it Letterman? He used to be able to sound coherent and intelligent. Man's brain is melting out of his ears.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Imagine actually living in London lmao

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/1485736605369384963

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

He made his bed, now he can- well, I guess he can't now.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

This guy is eroding class solidarity by literally killing the working class with a lung melting disease.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I thought lying to parliament was some kind of actual, on-the-books offence with capital C Consequences. Was I mistaken?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I think it's called "too big to fail"

Fatshaming, my goodness...