Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Mebh posted:

My game is out this year

Star Citizen is coming out??????

Just kidding, Scam Citizen is never coming out because it's a scam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
My ears pricked up at mention of Thames. Before Xmas I eBay'd a DVD of the complete Chance In A Million, something I've wanted to see again for a long time, as I love Rube Goldberg plotting.

Thirty years, remembered it, clear as bell, being on ITV. Not so! Channel 4. False memory. Second surprise: had surmised Chance's unusual speech affectation invented by actor Callow. Also not so! Was in original script. World, crumbling. Not watched yet. As 1980s, assume actor Blethyn in lingerie every episode.

Downs pint in one, stalks out, pub collapses behind self.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Addendum to earlier post: I shall eventually be ripping my CIAM DVDs with AnyDVD+MakeMKV, transferring the resulting Matroska files to a Kingston DataTraveler Micro 32GB (DTMCK/32GB) and playing them back using the media player app in my TV.

So, please update your XLSXs accordingly - while enjoying your Netflix subscription perhaps?

Let's Run This Joke Into The Ground Oops Too Late

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Help me Sue Gray, you're my only hope.

It's a reference to the 1976 movie Star Wars, starring Kenny Baker as Darth 'Sue-Gray' Kenobi.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
I am Sue Gray, hear me roar.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
A very staid, very button-down, very corporate-type colleague of mine, around 20 years ago, confided offhand that she had been at a dinner party the previous weekend, that included Giles Coren.

Hmm? sez I, not overly interested, just being polite really.

Her verdict, unasked-for, but she just had to get it out, she was so incensed, verbatim: "An utter oval office."

(Sorry, no deets.)

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Prole posted:

Do you ever get the feeling that we're living through the last days of a dying system? It's insane. Nobody seems to have any kind of care for life - it's all about preservation of careers. Short term victory. Like they don't *expect* much in the long term.
Mate I was turned into Mister Jester-Man (Batman's friend) when I had my milk snatched. Which is a long way of saying Yes.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
"I don't even own any cells that might turn cancerous."

"My 96-year-old mother just up and died one day, so what good is it really?"

"i jus share my sisters netflixhelf subscribton lol,,,"

Just rolling the arguments forward 5 years. Carry on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Mebh posted:

What the hell is psychodrama supposed to mean anyway?

Well, there is a dictionary definition, but I think in this case it's being repurposed to mean "internal drama that is now externalised" i.e. making your problems everyone else's. For example, Brexit from end-to-end was entirely a result of Tory party cowardice, hubris and incompetence (the vote wasn't supposed to succeed, remember), and now we all have to live with the consequences of their internal failures.

Who had Meat Loaf in their deadpool?