Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I find all the sir Tom stuff pretty distasteful too, but isn’t all the merch raising money for his foundation? The gin certainly is, although I’ve got no idea how the money is split.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Yeah this is all enjoyably baffling. Although it does explain why the photo in the fake Gina miller account looks nothing like her.

Imagine being these awful people and launching this stupid party, though, and this is how it’s started. Unless the party is fake as well? I don’t even know anymore.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Conversation has moved on a bit, but does anyone have a good article which takes dissects crypto and explains why it's awful? I've hated it from the start, originally just cos it appealed to so many wankers, and later because I learnt about the environmental cost, but now I have a few mates who are into it, and other than 'but but but it's exploitative' I can't articulate why I find it so gross.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Serious answer for streaming services : ask your friends and family if you can just use their accounts. None of the big names seem to really give too much of a poo poo about account sharing, so long as you're not taking the piss.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
So they've just announced that you no longer need a negative Covid test to enter the UK.

This loving government, man. They're running really low on tests, so they literally juat seize upon the first idea that comes into one of their heads and say 'yeah, let's just do that.'

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Noxville posted:

Djerkovic

And I just saw this and yeah while pixelated boat is known for his fake posts, this is 100% real. Djokovic is just tremendously stupid but has such ego that nobody will tell him

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1478982979397455874?s=21

idgi

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
I feel we're, at most, a week away from people being told they should still go to work if they test positive. It feels like society might genuinely collapse otherwise.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

So it's just some quack bullshit? Tbh I still don't get what that anecdote says about djokovic.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Yeah I remember downloading the anarchist cookbook when I was 13 or something cos I thought it would make me a bad rear end.

I guess the police are now on their way.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Mega Comrade posted:

Well my gift of foresight was correct. Mrs Comrades 12 hour shift has turned into a 14 hour one.

Sucks dude, commiserations to you both.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
The Tidal payment thing is good in theory, but in practice, unless you listen to your favourite obscure struggling artist hundreds of times in a month, your £2 is probably going to go to The Beatles or whatever other background music you put on when other people are around.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
What is the story behind that list? Where did it come from? Rory Stewart's entry (as it were) is perfect.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Lord of the Llamas posted:

In fairness to Jake Berry on that list he did marry the woman he "impregnated".

Despicable behaviour, totally unacceptable.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Mebh posted:

Speaking of things nothing will come from, I did quite enjoy Hislop telling the select committee tories to gently caress off repeatedly. Also their reasoning really does goce a fascinating view into just how hosed the whole system is and how they just don't see taking gifts as corruption in any way. "but i gave the tickets tp my staffer... What was i supposed to do???"

https://youtu.be/a3O8mwDFo4M

I don't generally like him because when i was a melty liberal young adult I thought he was loving hilarious and amazing... Yeah... Not so happy with young me.
I do honestly think most people vote Conservative have no loving clue how disassociated they are from reality and how little of a poo poo they give about anyone. Like... 10 seconds listening to them ooze around the room and waffle on about poo poo the way they do makes my blood loving boil.

Wow, Alberto Costa might be the slimiest real life person I've ever seen. Just obsequious and oily and ugh.. Gives me the creeps.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

stev posted:

Feels like she hesitated because she's upset she never gets invited to any parties.

It's just that split second taken to work out 'how likely is it that I'll be caught out' and 'how hosed will I be if I am'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
I feel like I should be up against the wall for feeling like 'home' is basically how my life has been for the last few years. Wife, daughter, boring but easy and well remunerated IT job, living in a house I like, and seeing my friends and family frequently enough, even though I wish they were a little closer.