Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Just in the cinema in an empty showing and they didn’t have any popcorn - frankly I think cinemas should refund everyone and close if somehow they run out. Also having worked in a cinema I know you literally cannot run out unless you’re too lazy to refill the big machine.

Now I have to watch a film without popcorn :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

And the big announcement is that he's

Continuing with Plan B

"There was a plan??" etc

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Poor Keith, he’ll beat Bolsonaro at this rate

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Jakabite posted:

Get a big external HDD and a paid VPN and you’ll never have to worry about streaming services again

I went through a huge rigmarole trying to access HBO Max on the TV itself and the final step was asking an American if I could use their account lol

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

fuctifino posted:

I used a nicorette spray to get over the short term nicotine cravings, and I can't recommend them enough. They burn, taste horrible and make you want to throw up, so it's almost impossible to transfer a habit onto them.

I vape an absolutely horrendous amount (but I haven’t smoked in 3 years!) and I reckon it’s costing me upwards of £220 a month. Do those sprays do anything for twitchy “I must do something with my mouth/hands” cravings?

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Camrath posted:

When you say ‘vape’ do you mean using an ecig or vaping weed? Because I’m seriously into my vaping, do it a /lot/ and I don’t spend more than about 40-50 a month on juice.

Either you’re some sort of VG powered monster, or you need to find a cheaper supplier lol

It’s £6 or more on lovely 2% 50/50 pods rather than juice. Whenever I get juice the most minor tiny inconvenience will happen (ran out of coils, forgot to charge it before I went outside) and I’ll revert back to the pods meaning the money on a mod/juice went completely to waste so I stopped buying them. I just wanna quit man but I can’t even go a day without getting truly anxious.

I also hate/am extremely anxious about my job which is a key factor.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

This was literally the first hint that he was actually from the evil fascist universe

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

keep punching joe posted:

Black Rod and a couple of Beefeaters come round and kick the bounder up the backside until he sees sense.

Boris Beaned in Backside by Beefeater Rods

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

TBH hearing some fantastic accents in parliament today. Someone with DeeDee's accent got a jab in there too

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Very lol

https://twitter.com/tony_diver/status/1481741337951195136?s=21

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Oh DP"D" hodges? I think the correct translation is that Boris found the infinity stones and is gonna dust all of parliament leaving him galactic emporer

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1483767484624818176?s=20

RING THE DEFECTION BELL

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Keith has certainly had his 'Irish' Ovaltine this morning

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

thebardyspoon posted:

Jeez, last couple days have been agony. Been having breathing problems, breathing the instinctual way (generally the preferred way to do it) I get horrible wracking coughs that cause a lot of pain in my upper back and the right side of my chest. If I focus on my breathing and take shallow, short breaths then it's fine but then I feel like I'm not getting enough. Laying on my back or side makes all of that worse so sleeping has been impossible until my body just forces me to conk out.

Covid tests are coming out negative, none of my family are showing symptoms, I've not been out and it doesn't feel like the symptoms I had when I had it November for sure so it seems unlikely to be covid. I'm wondering if this is just a long covid symptom that I've just started exhibiting now for some reason, started feeling a bit out of breath after walks and such a week or so after I recovered, that's persisted but this is a whole new level of poo poo. NHS 111 told me to try and get a GP appointment so I can find out what this is but seems unlikely to happen from what I hear from colleagues/friends who go to the doctor more often that I do.

If it is the long covid though, I think that'll be the thing that makes me quit my job because I won't be able to not call the directors of the company cunts every time I interact with them since the only reason I caught covid was them making me come into the office for no reason.

Could also be a collapsed lung! I had one when I was young, but being young and stupid I did nothing about it for like four days. I only really payed attention when I realised I could barely breathe lying down and it probably wasn't asthma at that stage.

Obvs the first suspicion is covid/long covid but can't rule out something more mechanical. That sort of thing is top of the triage list, so you should really be thrust into a room if you appear at A&E with those complaints.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Did that guy go to the hospital yet

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Jedit posted:

If it is a collapsed lung then he'll be in hospital attached to a compressor for the next few days at least. Not in much of a condition to post.

Eh it depends - I was awake and aware (not sober) for when they cut a huge hole into my chest cavity to put the tube in. If my phone could do it then, I would :justpost: the whole time. Then I got to walk around the ward with a clear plastic lung in my hand that slowly filled with blood. Cool!

I had soooo much loving morphine tho, I was clinically speaking pretty much insane for the whole time, until they realised it wouldn't inflate back up on its own and I had to have keyhole surgery. Annoyingly I was given like 10% the morphine after the surgery.

Now I have four small scars and a pound size circle by my armpit where I can't feel anything at all. 10/10 would recommend for the amount of morphine I was given

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

This is not UKMT but I did have to post it.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2022/0121/1275143-dead-mans-pension/

Please read because within eight seconds it turns from generic fraud into :wtc:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

I’m half English half Irish and had a mother who would never allow me to pronounce Film with two syllables. I’m generally of the Irish side of things but I will never accept “yo-gurt”. It is “yog-urt”

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Just lol. Why is she attaching herself to this? Is she actually that…unwise (to put it politely)

https://twitter.com/nadinedorries/status/1485687149836001283?s=21

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

https://assets.publishing.service.g...ns_-_Update.pdf

Absolute rubbish lol

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Genuinely un-loving believable

"I get it and I will fix it"

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Ian should've just flat out called him a oval office at that stage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

keep punching joe posted:

Hmm awful app converts the letters W W and W into a url, that's annoying.

Simply type doubleU, doubledoubleU