Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I have to get up early for a long run tomorrow because I was depressed and groggy this morning.

Hopefully the fireworks that have started either aren't too loud or calm down after midnight.

Happy New Year chat thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

No, gunfire is just normal background noise during the weekend. There's the occasional tannerite explosion too.

This is actual fireworks shot off by hillbillies

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

It's early but hell, happy new year everyone

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The real question is are they store bought or homemade?

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

swickles posted:

The real question is are they store bought or homemade?

Probably whichever avoids having to pay money to the government in taxes

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Spending all day with my GF's family, her brother proposed this morning and then surprised the fiancee with 20 people at brunch. Now we're going back to his place for a big new years party where I know about 5 people

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Back at my sister's. She's understandably been under a lot of stress as her husband's been taking care of his dad and they haven't seen each other in person in week. My friend that I crashed at last night drove me to Jinya Ramen which was near my sister's work and we all got dinner together.

Good tonkotsu.

Alas my sister left her keys & wallet at work and the place closed, so we had to wait for a co-worker to drive over and unlock the place before we were able to drive back to my sister's.

Tomorrow we'll head to my brother-in-law's parents' place and enjoy each others company (socially distanced on their deck). Maybe afterwards my sister & I will go to a golf driving range before we go to church to celebrate my dad's passing (happened on New Year's Day 2009).

Happy New Year, goons. May our idiotic love of football make this chat thread the best in 2023.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Tinola (and a Szechuan feast) for dinner tonight. Made the tinola for my mom cause she had her teeth pulled.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

The Glumslinger posted:

Spending all day with my GF's family, her brother proposed this morning and then surprised the fiancee with 20 people at brunch. Now we're going back to his place for a big new years party where I know about 5 people

Did you say yes?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

My NYE involved missing all the good football and getting absolutely murdered at work including the most difficult airway I’ve ever encountered on a mid 30s overdose cardiac arrest. I got vomit on my pants, needed two attempts to intubate him because the vomit was so thick I couldn’t see his trachea. Both backup airways failed. Add that to the 5 charts I was already down, ran several more calls.

I just ate my lunch at 9pm as dinner.

Rough little shift. Glad I’m not on tonight.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Girlfriend just made a Beef Wellington with a very expensive tenderloin from the butcher’s and holy gently caress that poo poo melted in your mouth

On the other hand, I made Yorkshire pudding as a side because why not, and man that’s some classic bland as gently caress British food right there :v:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I did it. My tub is clean. No thanks to my fluffy cat, who decided to try and help my climbing on me or the shower curtains. Now I just need to finish up my laundry and my New Years Eve clean will be done.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Buying wine and this dude at the grocery store looks just like Rittenhouse. I did a double take and he had this long suffering look on his face when I did so I guess I'm not the first to think so

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Happy new year to you all. May you all get good things this year. :)

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

All the adults we had over tonight left by 9 pm. Now SB and I are entertaining 4 teenagers til midnight. Currently watching Spongebob episodes. Wild and crazy night.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Preemptive happy new year from central time zone. Took the kid to a friend’s party, but we ducked out around 8 because he was crashing. I then popped in at another friend’s place for an hour and now back home. Debating about staying up until midnight or just calling it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Happy New Year!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

Happy New Year!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Happy New Year from Maryland. We were watching episode 4 of The Periphery and here we are.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao Ohio state starting off 2023 great

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Happy New Year all you east coast folks

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

FizFashizzle posted:

lmao Ohio state starting off 2023 great

Family made me switch to watch the ball drop just as OSU was about to kick

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

You missed something impressive.

Not impressive in a good way, but it left an impression. I'll remember exactly how horrible that kick was that for a long time.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

:sever:

e:

Grittybeard posted:

Not impressive in a good way, but it left an impression. I'll remember exactly how horrible that kick was that for a long time.

It was the perfect version of a ball drop. Just a kicker shaking the hell out of a kick so bad you knew it had no chance when contact was made.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Enrolling my daughter in boarding school as we speak

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Android Apocalypse posted:

Happy New Year from Maryland. We were watching episode 4 of The Periphery and here we are.

Good choice. Having a taste of 20-year-old Costco single malt here.

I normally like to celebrate with a Belgian quadrupel but I'm tired and the only Belgian beer I have that fits the description was expensive and I neither wanna stay up long enough to finish it nor pour it out if I start to fall asleep.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:wtc:

Grittybeard posted:

It wasn’t Mike Vanderjagt awful but it was pretty bad

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

FizFashizzle posted:

whole office is coming down with covid and I wrote paxlovid for five people today

girlfriend is currently convalescing with what looks sounds like a sinus infection, but who the gently caress knows at this point.

think im gonna be watching Georgia obliterate OSU from my own couch tonight.

Happy New Years internet friends. Here's to hoping 2023 is a better one.

you make our community a better and healthier place and I am grateful for your labor and energy that you invest into our community. Healthcare is honor.

Also, nice, on getting a new girlfriend.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

happy new years, friends

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Smoked ribs and fried walleye were a hit. Drank a bunch of whiskey. Entertaining football games. Solid New Years Eve.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I’ve got my kid for NYE this year so we went to my friend’s party, but dipped out at 10 since she was the only kid there and I didn’t want to strain her patience or make things too weird for adults trying to behave around her, now we’re watching Futurama and I’m getting all wound up about playing tomorrow with the sous vide I impulse bought.

Total side note for the more experienced chocolatiers than I, my kid won a 5 pound turkey made of milk chocolate in a raffle. Fun novelty but I don’t know what the hell we’re actually supposed to do with it since that’s waaaaaay too much cheap milk chocolate for me to eat. Is this something that can be melted down and repurposed, or are we just stuck with it until we eat it or it goes bad?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Happy New Year to the best drat group of folks I could hope to interact with on the internet. Y'all are good people. I hope everyone has a safe and solid 2023!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm on my last bit of laundry and then all my New Years Eve cleaning should be done. Then I can take my New Year's shower just after midnight in a very clean tub, with fresh from the dryer towels, and put in fresh from the dryer pjs to snuggle up with my kitties in my clean bed while I watch Futurama.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It's 2022

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
My MiL passed away one hour into 2023. Rough stretch of days, but glad we can proceed to the next stage here.

A grim, exhausted New Years from here, but thanks TFF for being my outlet.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Abugadu posted:

My MiL passed away one hour into 2023. Rough stretch of days, but glad we can proceed to the next stage here.

A grim, exhausted New Years from here, but thanks TFF for being my outlet.

My condoloences mate, that's a lovely way to start the year.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sorry Abugadu. My condolences to you and your family.

We made lentils with the leftover hambone out the freezer from xmas, had some champagne sparkling wine, watched some random shows on netflix etc (finished the new witcher series, which was ehh) and at this point I'm just waiting for the worst of the fireworks to finish before I bother going to bed.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Sorry Abugadu. My condolences to you and your family.

We made lentils with the leftover hambone out the freezer from xmas, had some champagne sparkling wine, watched some random shows on netflix etc (finished the new witcher series, which was ehh) and at this point I'm just waiting for the worst of the fireworks to finish before I bother going to bed.

Jesus mate, you made it through all the episodes. I didn't make it 15 mins into the first one.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It gets better than the first episode. Not a ton, but Michele Yeoh is in it! And the final episode has Dylan Moran, WTF. I can usually sit through anything if it has a few good actors in it that I can focus on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Star Trek Discovery The Heroic Trio taught me I’d watch Michelle Yeoh act out paint drying, sounds like new Witcher is worth checking out