Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Its Rinaldo posted:

LIterally like 3 weeks before

Haha whoops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

General Dog posted:

The Zion seige in 3 is endless, features a bunch of characters you don’t care about, and is just generally overcrowded visual puke.

I kind of enjoyed the meta aspects of 4 in the first act, but they don’t really go anywhere.

Yeah I kind of forget how long the zion seige went for now you mention it. I remember it being a thing with the walkers and the dual chain guns on the arms etc but that's about it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Yeah I kind of forget how long the zion seige went for now you mention it. I remember it being a thing with the walkers and the dual chain guns on the arms etc but that's about it.

Towards the end of it someone mentions Neo and I turned to the Dr and said, “oh yeah, Neo’s in this movie. He’s heading to Robot City and got his eyeballs burned out about 45 minutes ago.”

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

General Dog posted:

I can’t remember, did the Matrix come out before or after Columbine?

Watched Matrix 1 a few days ago and asked myself the same question during it lol. Movie's still pretty dang good though, lots of really good late 90s/early 00s action movie music.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Matrix is kind of the apotheosis of 90s filmmaking, and 2 and 3 are kind of a warning for how bad blockbusters would be in the new century.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Reloaded was bad because they got lazy and made a CGI Neo for the fights instead of just doing stunts. It’s so obvious when the CGI kicks in to. There’s still some decent fight scenes, but it’s just not enough to overcome the flaws.

Revolutions I can barely remember what happens, and I hated how they turned Neo from a god in the matrix to someone with superpowers outside of it too. I don’t remember how they explained that.

I thought resurrections was fine, worse than 2, but better than 3. The meta stuff at the beginning I found kind of fun with the director literally dragging Warner Brothers by name. Still wasn’t a good movie, but I didn’t find it awful. Definitely unnecessary.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Yeah they were going to make it with or without Lana, so Lana at least getting to do it is nice

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Bird in a Blender posted:

Reloaded was bad because they got lazy and made a CGI Neo for the fights instead of just doing stunts. It’s so obvious when the CGI kicks in to. There’s still some decent fight scenes, but it’s just not enough to overcome the flaws.

Revolutions I can barely remember what happens, and I hated how they turned Neo from a god in the matrix to someone with superpowers outside of it too. I don’t remember how they explained that.

I thought resurrections was fine, worse than 2, but better than 3. The meta stuff at the beginning I found kind of fun with the director literally dragging Warner Brothers by name. Still wasn’t a good movie, but I didn’t find it awful. Definitely unnecessary.

The orgasm cake thing was so dumb as was trying to up the stakes of the Neo fights by having vampires and poo poo that could fight on an even level with him even though he could literally rewrite the matrix code at a whim or whatever. I also remember there being a ton of speculation that Zion was just a different matrix within a larger matrix to fulfill the whole "people need to have a way to escape" thing but nope, just superpowers outside the matrix

e: and the train station thing was dumb too. he doesn't have his powers because it's programmed that way in that location? but his powers come from his recognition that none of the poo poo is real.... so how does that work? why can't the bigger matrix also code it so that none of their powers work in that case?

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 2, 2022

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I thought a lot of the CG for fighting Neo was because Keanu hurt his neck and couldn't do certain stuff.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I think there is something kind of insidious about the first Matrix’s presumed attitude that anyone in the world who is not “awake” and not on board with the liberation of all humanity is by default an enemy and regrettably disposable.

Maybe I really do deserve death for opposing the liberation of humanity from the boot of capital, but I certainly don’t enjoy being told that at the pictures.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

remember they used the same CG as harry potter

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

remember they used the same CG as harry potter

Still prefer the less is more approach with CGI. It’s still amazing how well Jurassic Park looks compared to its sequels.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's because they bred real dinosaurs. They didn't expect to make sequels so they shot them all after filming wrapped

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Intruder posted:

That's because they bred real dinosaurs. They didn't expect to make sequels so they shot them all after filming wrapped

Ah man, just like Deadwood

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I am having a bit of hard time knowing that 'll be getting married now without my grandparents. On the other hand, my now fiancee is all about me getting the Cortez Kennedy painting from my mom so that's a plus.

Also it's time for my Rome rewatch and I'll forever be annoyed by it getting cancelled halfway through season 2.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 2, 2022

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I just caught my pup red handed intentionally putting a tennis ball under the china cabinet and then scraping at the floor trying to get it out then staring at me for help

I wondered why it ended up down there so often

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1477408129658851331

Happy New Year to all.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Intruder posted:

I just caught my pup red handed intentionally putting a tennis ball under the china cabinet and then scraping at the floor trying to get it out then staring at me for help

I wondered why it ended up down there so often

Mine does the same with throwing balls under the couch.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Demar Derozan just hit buzzer beater threes on back to back days. The Bulls are good again baby.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

It’s like 18 degrees out and snowing like a mother fucker, so a couple of friends and I dragged my cast iron chimney out from the backyard up to the deck and stood around a fire drinking scotch and smoked a couple of beef tenderloins and made sammiches, not a bad evening!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

T-Square posted:

It’s like 18 degrees out and snowing like a mother fucker, so a couple of friends and I dragged my cast iron chimney out from the backyard up to the deck and stood around a fire drinking scotch and smoked a couple of beef tenderloins and made sammiches, not a bad evening!

Sounds like a good time. Its been above 0 like once in the past week and I'm already done with winter. 30 tomorrow and Monday but then back to single digits and negatives after that.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

If you suffer from acid reflux whatsoever i cannot imagine drinking any champagne. And hope things get better on the homefront leper

Thank you, she's doing much better this evening (managed to eat some oatmeal). The acid reflux is in remission I guess.

We watched the Hawkeye series and it's surprisingly decent! Also definitely qualifies as "a christmas movie" even though it's six episodes instead of a movie.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I would kill for some snow over here

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Leperflesh posted:

Thank you, she's doing much better this evening (managed to eat some oatmeal). The acid reflux is in remission I guess.

We watched the Hawkeye series and it's surprisingly decent! Also definitely qualifies as "a christmas movie" even though it's six episodes instead of a movie.

If nothing else, the end of the second episode introduced me to an 80s song I had never heard before and quite like.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Pron on VHS posted:

I would kill for some snow over here

We got six inches in PacNW it's amazing

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Going from SoCal beaches to SoCal mountains(legit seen snow 4 times in 34 years before we moved up here). I forgot you have to shovel immediately, so I have a 2 inch layer of ice everywhere and a gravel driveway so gently caress trying to shovel that

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jan 2, 2022

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I got excited about the good deal I got buying new trash cans at home depot yesterday

I've entered peak dad mode

Pimpcasso fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 2, 2022

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

a sexual elk posted:

Going from SoCal beaches to SoCal mountains(legit seen snow 4 times in 34 years before we moved up here). I forgot you have to shovel immediately, so I have a 2 inch layer of ice everywhere and a gravel driveway so gently caress trying to shovel that

I envy no man that has to shovel gravel driveways

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/daveyalba/status/1477646895849877504
https://twitter.com/daveyalba/status/1477648916749463552

womp womp

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hopefully Facebook follows suit like they did with trump.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Just waiting for this.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

MTG was saying she was being silenced before this though, so nothing will change.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

MTG was saying she was being silenced before this though, so nothing will change.

She and Loomer handcuff themselves to one individual door of Twitter HQ each, are confused why people can still get in.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Twitter as a whole has made society significantly dumber so block everyone imo

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's hard to believe that's so when you consider the astounding stupidity of the average American of the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's hard to believe that's so when you consider the astounding stupidity of the average American of the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

The difference between ignorance and willful ignorance.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Puppy Bowl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rh6qqsmxNs

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Waiting anxiously for DLINK to come in and tell us if he's engaged

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'll be hopeful and chalk up his radio silence to a busy schedule of passionate love making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

People aren’t dumber, we just gave all the dumb people megaphones.