Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Happy New Year TFF chat thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

gently caress yes D-LINK!! Happy for you.

And I can't do a full dry January since we're doing a beerfest for my sister's birthday. But I'm cutting way way back and keeping it mostly dry outside of that. I've gained like 10 pounds the past month and hangovers have been accompanied by a depressed feeling because of how big the feel-good hormone hit is the night before.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh sweet. The dispensary next to me includes recreational. I'll have to check it out. The 100mg gummies I got up in Flagstaff didn't do much for me. I'll have to try different stuff.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Rectal Placenta posted:

Smh, forgetting the harrowing tale of the caffeine pill scourge at Bayside High School

"I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm...so...SCARED!!" :cry:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

General Dog posted:

There's kind of a salary penalty for lines of work with altruistic appeal like medic or teacher or elder care, because the altruistic side of it expands the pool of potential workers compared to jobs that no one would ever want to do for any reason other than money.

True, but that altruistic appeal is also exploited as gently caress by administrations to depress salaries all around.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Guze posted:

A single guy getting plucked out of a 27 hour traffic jam because he's a Senate special boy would enrage people, literally leaving people in the cold while he's whisked away by a helicopter.

He should've just gone to Cancun

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It's crazy how many more people I know have been affected this time around compared to even 2020 (pre-vaccine). I'm at my second close contact in three weeks now.

Stay safe goons. Hoping for speedy recoveries for LeeMajors, Raku, and anyone else who catches it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Freaquency posted:

We’re governed by the dumbest loving people.

All this time it really was the old saying "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

He's seriously pushing manufacturing in Florida? Lmao what a loving dumbass (not that that's news).

It's absolutely not reasonable to have a manufacturing facility in the state. It costs way too much overhead you're never going to escape.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Play posted:

My girlfriend got sick over the holidays as well. It's almost certainly not covid, because my little nephew had something that he passed to my dad and my sister (confirmed to not be covid) so I think it's that. But without knowing for sure she waited in a line of cars for three hours to get a test Sunday night, so that we could find out and not put anyone in the workplace at risk.

The results still haven't come despite it being supposed to take 48 hours, and me being with her all holidays I can't go into the office either. I think the office might think I'm pulling some bullshit but I'm not, testing infrastructure is just completely hosed right now. Frankly it's an absolute joke, this far into this poo poo we should not be having problems like this.

Stay safe buds

My aunt and uncle are currently sick with something their doc called viral that isn't covid. My uncle tested negative and my aunt just recovered from actually having covid.

There's some weird stuff out there this year.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

I realize I’m saying some hyperbolic and off the cuff stuff, but I’m not that far off from reality. The landed gentry founded this nation and still run it today. If you’re not a part of that class, you get to suffer and die for their pleasure.

I started listening to Eat The Rich in about mid-2020 and the same names always come up in seemingly unrelated corporations. It's fascinating.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

General Dog posted:

In heaven we'll all be sharecroppers

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I can't believe he's kept the post up that long.

Any publicity is good publicity I suppose :shrug:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

Never change, Nextdoor.

This made me check Nextdoor to see if there was anything funny. First post I see is "After a year with Alzheimer's, the dementia finally won. Linda, my wife of 32 years is gone. Loneliness is setting in. She was a great lady."

Thanks Qwijib0

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The made up part is physical therapy versus chiropractic :v:

bobjr posted:

One thing I don’t like about the “everyone will get it best not do anything about it” is how bad regular flus can be even if you aren’t hospitalized or dying.

The last non-Covid flu I had kicked my rear end and made me feel miserable for over a week, I don’t want something like that again if it can be avoided

Not to mention the long-lasting side effects covid has. People dealing with exhaustion and decreased lung capacity (among other symptoms) weeks after having it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Everyone remembers the Oregon trail, but I loved playing the Yukon Trail and Amazon Trail games.

For sure. The gambling game in Yukon Trail was a fun way to amass a ton of money. And I spent HOURS trying to find all the animals to take a picture of our whatever to fill out the booklet.

As for other computer games, I have both fond and frustrating memories of Magic Carpet that came with my Compaq Presario lol. And +1 for all the Shareware game collections. drat those were fun.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

drat. This old PC gaming talk brought back the most vague memory of what I think was a flight combat game that didn't run well until I got a Voodoo2 graphics card (my only wait-in-line Black Friday purchase ever).

I can't remember nearly enough to even describe it other than it was dark/set at night and was futuristic. Funny how that came back to me.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Are you talking about Descent?

No. It would've been sometime during 1999-2002. (Not that anyone needs to guess. I honestly have no idea.)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

NYY promoted a woman to manager of their Tampa affiliate and predictably, regressives have some scorching hot takes on it.

https://twitter.com/JoshJenkins116/status/1481436347852365829?s=20

Given the context and the alliteration I totally read the team's handle as @TampaTampons.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

drat. This old PC gaming talk brought back the most vague memory of what I think was a flight combat game that didn't run well until I got a Voodoo2 graphics card (my only wait-in-line Black Friday purchase ever).

I can't remember nearly enough to even describe it other than it was dark/set at night and was futuristic. Funny how that came back to me.

I figured out what this game was! Its was Hellbender. I looked up games similar to Terminal Velocity since I remembered playing that instead since it ran smoother.

I found a video of it and woof. It does not hold up :v:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Running for office: "I need to help these people so they vote for me!"
In office: "gently caress 'em!"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

bobjr posted:

There’s a type of driver that sees other drivers and pedestrians as like NPCs in a video game or something, I could never get around to that kind of thinking.

Granted I was taught to drive way more cautious than a lot of other people, so I won’t do things like cut right in front of someone or ride someone’s bumper

There's a lot of people who have zero spatial awareness. It's something that's fascinated me for a long time and has become even more apparent in the pandemic with social distancing.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

harperdc posted:

figured this might be the right audience for this web game

https://wikitrivia.tomjwatson.com

shockingly harder than you'd think, my best streak so far is 8.

This was fun until I got two in the same year :mad:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Funny thing about that festival - GA starts at $225 yet everywhere I've seen is advertising it as "get your tickets for $20 down!".

And no narcissists allowed.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

That beats the hell out of a guy wearing a Let's Go Brandon shirt two days after MLK Day at my gym.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm extremely skeptical there's already $1,000,000,000,000 worth of crypto...

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Brave Little Toaster (oven)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

Are Covid farts a thing? If so, he’s got his first symptom. Send help.

Its Rinaldo posted:

That's just being male

Braksgirl posted:

For the record, it’s all the dudes in the house have Covid.

:thunk:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Reminds me of that study where they left people in a room with a device that shocked you. Men shocked themselves at an astonishingly higher rate than women.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Thank you for reminding me of TFR poster Mishaco, a legally blind gun owner/arms dealer. :v:

This flight from STL to SLC is giving me free beers, so I'm getting drunk on Breckinridge Brewery Cookie Porters while shitposting at 30,000 feet.

That's amazing they have that available on a flight. Nice.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It's pretty easy to socially distance at the gym. I've been going regularly since around September 2020 and I'm pretty sure I've never gotten covid (if I did I was asymptomatic and never gave it to someone else) :shrug:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Guze posted:

Landmark divorce ruling. A single tweet justifies sole custody and all assets awarded to the wife.

drat sucks she wins and still gets nothing.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

We need to have a Joe Burrow/Cincinnati themed Super Bowl party but besides the obvious chili I don't know what else we should do. Braks is suggesting a Bengal pizza, which is a good start.

Rent a tiger

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

We have a surly cat

Perfect.

Also, get cigars in honor of Joe

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Already have my outfit.

Have Braksgirl wear a Chase jersey

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Is it possible they want a female tutor because of puberty/sex ed talk? Can you flex your medical background here (awkward phrasing because I'm 90% sure you're a doctor but can't quite remember)?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Love having people putting together a bunch of Excel worksheets to second-guess the numbers I'm pulling directly off my system then telling me I'm wrong.

Created an extra three hours of work this afternoon.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Boy is a big part of the money fire. Honestly union Steward work is probably what kills most of my free time. Our contract is up in July and we lost two longtime organizers 2 months ago.
Ravens fell apart so I've needed stuff to keep me occupied through the pandemic.

This post reminded me. Wasn't it you that had the lawsuit/issues with a house you bought that had all kinds of problems? What happened with that?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

T-Square posted:

Lol Medical Examiner Guillermo is wearing a Savanna Bananas shirt in an episode of Reacher and now I want one

I don't remember if it was talked about here, but I binged Reacher after a friend highly recommended it. It's so good. Haven't gotten into a TV show like that in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Didn't Billy Mays die not long after bumping his head inside an airplane?

Different kind of bump.

Kalli posted:

I looked up what the deal was this morning:

Proposed plan: 64 single family homes, 52 duplexes, 24 townhomes, and under 2 acres of affordable housing to be built later on 53 acres

Instead you get: 143 single family homes on 34 acres.

So a truly pitiful amount of affordable housing, which is just lame but also makes Chapelle look that much worse.

Also the 143 SFHs start out at $300k lmao.