Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

It is the year 2022.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Samadhi posted:

Played Deep Rock Galactic online with Blowjob Overtime last night and had a great time, 2022 is off to a great start

:hellyeah:

Happy to be your Deep Rock guides giving advice that doesn't apply until you're dozens of hours into the game. Also it turns out playing with a full team of four whips rear end.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

Back to work tomorrow after 11 days off and I’m not ready. January and February are the worst two months of the year. No holidays even close to look forward to, dark, cold, and stuck indoors a lot.

Intruder posted:

only one more day off until back to work :negative:

Mark me down for both the one more day off and not being ready. Told my wife today I successfully haven't opened my work laptop the entire break and shut my work profile off on my phone the first day of the break (Christmas eve), BUT have still actively lost sleep waking up and thinking about the poo poo I need to get done as soon as I'm back to work on Tuesday. So kind of a push, but still worse off on the work/life balance than I'd like.

Today involved some real soul (and job) searching trying to figure out what I want to actually do. There are chemical engineering jobs that can be done 100% remote, but it's computer modeling where all of them need 5+ years of experience doing it. Not sure how to find a job that offers the entry level training to get going on it.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

D-LINK posted:

She said yes, my brother. Turns out she's been impatiently waiting for me ask bc some snitch in my family blew up my spot :blush:

:toot:

A very good start to 2022

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Was this posted here, or did I just see it on Twitter? Either way, entertaining

https://twitter.com/DarthAmin/status/1477318433398132740?t=K7vOuyy_c4fOqetgkowvZw&s=19

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

BigPaddy posted:

Back to work today after a week off, by work I mean roll out of bed into my home office, log in to my email and delete everything since Christmas as if it is important someone will send a reminder. Also ensure my executive assistants are in their recliner next to me to provide advice on how to deal with stupid clients.

Doing 15 months WFH then flipping a switch and going 100% back in the office has made me realize I absolutely want to be working from home long-term.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

My wife has worked as an RT at three different hospitals and never been tested. She is now applying for a traveling role, and will be tested for that.

I have been tested at every engineering job I've had except building/fire code consulting.

Also THC being detectable varies a lot person to person, which sucks for some people. At about an eighth every 1-2 months + 5mg gummies on some Friday/Saturday nights with my wife, I've never had a positive on the 50ng home tests.

e: Also all the companies I've worked for are initial screen, then they don't give a poo poo unless you drive a forklift into a wall or something.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

fartknocker posted:

I’m pretty sure the movie opens with the the Eiffel Tower and most of Paris being destroyed as collateral damage from them stopping terrorists. Plus the whole puppet sex scene.

The deadpan "drat, missed. Wide right." is a very common go-to in our group for a bad shot playing Deep Rock.

e: I'm back in the office after not opening anything related to work since December 23. Not as bad as I would have thought, but I'm assuming that's more related to no managers being at our Tier 2 meetings this morning.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Came back to the office today and had an email from HR saying "hey sign this piece of paper saying you won't leave in the next three months and we'll give you an extra bonus on top of what you were already getting", surely it has nothing to do with this trend.

My wife's boss was awestruck when she was hesitant to sign a two-year guarantee last March. Sure enough, my wife is miserable enough there she's willing to pay back the half she got up front, then we learned it's pro-rated and she won't need to anyway!

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

swickles posted:

The north and not being able to handle a heatwave.

Joke's on you, Minnesota gets such bad weather in both seasons most places have heat and AC.

Also I am squarely on the side of the southerners every time this comes up, because why the hell would you have our multi-million dollar snow removal infrastructure for the one storm that hits every year.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Did Elizabeth Holmes put on the fake deep voice during the Theranos trial, or is she done with that now?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Freaquency posted:

Yeah I laugh but it’s not unreasonable to not have that sort of investment for a rare event, but i don’t understand why every time it happens the same lesson has to be learned. Just cut your losses, shut things down, and let your people stay home.

I’m also from NC and dealt with that same scenario many times so it’s not coming from a place of “lol South dumb”

I wish I were privy to more info, but alas. To be a fly on the wall of that meeting…

Oh absolutely they should shut things down when there's a reasonable expectation of snow. Now I'm curious who would be more performatively upset about shutting things down then getting missed by a storm. Preventative school closings are already catnip for Minnesota boomers who love to complain, but when we end up getting like 2 inches of snow because the storm jukes us, they get a rush that can only be compared to our sun hitting Clark Kent.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

T-Square posted:

I’m jealous of everyone playing cool co-op games with their pals, the only thing my friends ever want to play is Madden and they’ve moved onto 2022 and I’m NOT paying $60 for another Madden game.

A couple of months ago a bird rocketed down my chimney and across the living room and went bonkers, but then the second it got within three feet of the floor an orange blur of cat snatched it and ran off across the house with it. So not only did I have to figure out how to separate a bird from cat jaws, I had to fight off a determined cat afterwards while still trying to capture a bird and let it back outside. :argh:

Our cat runs away from us when he brings mice up from the basement, which, because of how our house is laid out, means he sprints toward the bedroom.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

T-Square posted:

I saw a mouse scampering around a month ago or so for a few days and neither of them seemed very interested in it, but then I never saw it again. Soon after I found one singular mouse-sized internal organ on the floor, so whichever one ate it must have been a little picky.

Once thought there was something horrifically wrong with one of our cats when I found some puke that had bloody chunks in it. I never thought I'd be so relieved to find a half-eaten mouse.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

The workload and watching COVID patients slowly die over the course of a month+ is bad enough, but the lack of management support and extra stress of getting constant text messages asking her to pick up additional work is what finally broke my wife working as an RT. Her "breaking" means getting in contact with a travel agency to do contracts in the metro area and only working her minimum required at her current job. Taking on extra work seems counter-intuitive, but it will let her disconnect from work when she walks out of the door in the morning. Also the contracts pay an obscene amount, and there is one available at the hospital she worked at for 10 years and still gets along with the managers.

That has been your BJOT's wife being and RT during COVID update.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

wandler20 posted:

This is some bullshit.

We started today cold and it just slowly goes down to a low of -20 today. Little early preview of the poo poo that usually makes me hate this place a month from now.

General Dog posted:

I’m up to Hitman 3 now

:hellyeah:

It definitely tries some new things the others don't, for better or worse. IOI has said there will be announcements for ongoing support this month, which I'm hoping means at least one more map.

Also the first time you play some of the missions you will be on rails for part of it due to story stuff, but that's a first time through thing. Also also this is reminding me I never got through all of the Hitman 3 levels doing SASO runs..

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Surprised the dem leadership didn't all put on bison horns and kneel somberly to commemorate the occasion.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

People are dropping like flies not showing up due to positive COVID tests here, and I am still the only person who wears my mask at my desk. The CDC really needs to investigate the magical power of these 5' high cube walls to prevent the spread of this airborne virus.

I am also one bad morning stand-up meeting away from yelling at one of the managers to put on his loving mask, because it is ALWAYS on his chin. Unsurprisingly, bringing it up to one of the other managers has not improved things.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Pops Mgee posted:

Family acquaintance (very hesitant to call her a friend) got fired from her nursing job this week. Huge maga chud, super hypocrite Christian, anti covid vax. Hospital implemented vaccine requirements and she tried to get a religious exemption, except the hospital had her records and could see all the other vaccines she's had no problem getting. Fuckin idiot lmao.

The hospital my wife works at said there would be a mandate with allowance for religious exception, then let it sit for a month without saying which religious exceptions would be accepted as valid. Naturally most of the people who submitted for it were outspoken about "their beliefs", and it generated a bunch of strife because dumbasses felt the need to be vocal about their dumbassery.

In the end the hospital administration sent an email acknowledging the loving hypocrisy of people who have other vaccines but won't take this one, but never actually enforced anything. My wife doesn't know of anyone who submitted for religious exception who didn't get it.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

I still don’t understand what religious objection could be made here but then again the invocation of ‘my beliefs’ never requires any documentation.

One specific coworker brought up her Catholic faith, which you can stretch to exempt from J&J, but devolved into the standard "it was rushed" poo poo with the mRNA versions.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Also another one of the RTs my wife works with put in her notice. The last time my wife worked with her, the other lady was considering early retirement because of the physical and mental toll. Seemed like the type of thing she was floating out there to get validation she was doing the right thing, which my wife definitely gave.

She has been working as an RT at that hospital since it opened, and their manager's response was an email back saying "thank you for letting me know. I will tell HR your resignation date". I don't care how stressed you are as a manager, that is worse than my boss saying "no concerns" when I told him I was going to miss multiple days for having two animals put down in the same week.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

We were just asked to turn our cameras on for a quick team check-in/welcome new people because our manager was out for six weeks at the end of the year.

Someone on our team (who manages people) tagged me in the meeting Teams chat and said "Masks are not required at your cube". :wtc:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Samadhi posted:

Tell him he will have to wear a mask at all times after you rearrange his face

Even better, that threat would ring hollow because he made that comment calling in from the comfort of his own home!

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

I’m going to stop posting about it because a) I feel like I’m going crazy

My experience is all second-hand from my wife, but I had to tell a coworker that we are basically living separate realities when it comes to COVID. I said our company's most recent update was toothless, and she said she thinks they're doing a pretty good job.

Someone I work with was sending me messages on IG agreeing about how outrageous it was when a manager told me I didn't have to wear my mask at my desk. She was all-in talking about how everyone doesn't take it seriously, then the next day she posted an IG story from the Wild game :negative:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Despite my earlier shade about the enforcement of COVID protocols in my department, I will say the company overall has been good about making things available for those of us who need to be on-site. They do random testing twice a week with the non-rapid testing (PCR?), and we can go get tested on-site at any time (rapid I think).

I mean, they're doing it to keep us here and make sure we're building stockholder value, but...still, free tests whenever.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

The cold vs allergies vs low symptom covid game is pretty annoying

I just had to give to half-hour presentations on the production floor, which means basically yelling with a mask. Started to cough about 20 minutes into each of them, and I've never been so tempted to say "no, no, don't worry, I've had four straight nights with my wife at work, it's a weed cough" at my place of work. COVID times are weird.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Samadhi posted:

Not enough people are honoring the true heroes like you

I keep her spirits up by leaving the beautiful, pristine snow on our long, steep driveway so she can take in nature's marvels at the end of a 12 hour shift.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Its Rinaldo posted:

Those bailiffs are asleep at the wheel, she's carrying a Type 1 phaser into court!

She's leaving the building, maybe they confiscated it on her way in and gave it back.

e: if they did, bravo, good bit

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Peacemaker has an awesome tone and the intro has me absolutely slayed so I’m already into this show 9 minutes in

John Cena was great in Blockers, so I've been cautiously optimistic after seeing the ads.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Wrath of Khan is the only TOS content I've ever watched. It was good.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

I hate the Rock at this point but absolutely love Cena

John Cena is the poster-child for not taking himself seriously. idgaf about wrestling, but he also does a shitload of Make a Wish things, and that's good, too.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

BlindSite posted:

I like John Cena and I even sat through that movie vacation friends hung over as poo poo because he was pretty funny in it. I will watch and enjoy this show.

Yeah, that's the other one he was in! Without checking IMDB I only remembered Blockers, but you're right, we watched all of Vacation Friends because he kept it entertaining.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Kalli posted:

I used to get MLK day off, but due to weirdness the company switched to taking away 7 fixed holidays and giving us 7 more vacation days instead.

Which I guess is fine? I don't know, I liked having the fixed time off, but I'm fine just taking random days instead I suppose.

They probably assumed most people won't actually take all 7 days + the advantage to the company of what Bird said (on they are operating 7 more days a year). Can you carry over PTO?

When our PTO policy changed to increase everyone <5 years to 4 weeks but made it so you cannot carryover or get paid out on anything, they straight up admitted it was because banked employee PTO hours count as a liability on the balance sheet. Honestly I kind of respected the transparency.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Samadhi posted:

I would say it does, as he has received money from people in this thread but was probated for what appears to be defrauding other members of the forum.

His probation was removed due to, as per the terms of the probation, repaying the money he took for goods not provided. An explanation of what happened in SA Mart, as well as some assurance that the money sent to him in good faith by people here wasn't used to repay debt accrued from what appears to be fraud, would go a long way towards assuaging concerns.

+1 to say seems pretty reasonable to be curious about the story of the indefinite probation related to some kind of goon transaction gone awry when he's been very open about money trouble itt previously. Anyone can share as much or as little as they want about their irl situation, but jumping in to say "who cares, it's not your business" doesn't seem to fit considering the background.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

BlindSite posted:

I don't listen to any of them which made me feel better after finding my first grey hairs this morning I got 3. Then I noticed two more in my beard. I'm 33 wtf.

Haven't noticed any gray, but my version of this is single eyebrow hairs that flipped the switch to absolutely wild old man brow mode. Look in the mirror and wonder how long one has been completely rebelling from the bunch.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

Your symptoms are resolving and you are cleared to return to work.

The tech I work with got COVID, was out, then came back to work. After I worked with him a bit on the line, someone else stopped by my cube and informed me he hadn't actually had a negative test yet, but was back because he was asymptomatic. It wasn't his call, just following the company guidelines :capitalism:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

I'm a couple days late to the announcement that my two favorite gaming topics are colliding:

The Hitman Trilogy is going to be on Game Pass.

Also a handful of pretty cool sounding stuff will be happening with Hitman 3 "Spring 2022", which kicks rear end.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

We didn't realize The Peacekeeper was a character from Suicide Squad. We watched the first minute of the show, then switched to the movie instead. It was good!

Also my wife didn't know I had today off of work until about 7PM last night. Oops!

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Whoever said something about the Peacemaker intro being great, hard agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheDavidDrake/status/1482924793951363078