Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

It’s like 18 degrees out and snowing like a mother fucker, so a couple of friends and I dragged my cast iron chimney out from the backyard up to the deck and stood around a fire drinking scotch and smoked a couple of beef tenderloins and made sammiches, not a bad evening!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I am now moving on to The Two Towers with a 3 Sheeps golden ale and a leftover beef tenderloin, three cheese tomato basil grilled cheese

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Welp renting the last half of The Two Towers on Prime for $4 because my pristine unscratched DVD freezes about halfway through and going through the main menu and selecting any scenes after that freezes it up and crashes.

Funnily enough, it freezes right after Aragorn gets dragged off the cliff by one of the Isengard wolves. So, a literal cliff hanger :v:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Blowjob Overtime posted:

e: Also all the companies I've worked for are initial screen, then they don't give a poo poo unless you drive a forklift into a wall or something.

Yeah, every job I’ve ever had is “pass a drug screen before we hire you” and then never again, unless you had a workplace accident, which I was always low risk for as an office drone. My only scare when I used to smoke more often was going up north for a long weekend with some friends and we smoked a plenty, and then I came back to work at my last job where they announced they were purchased by another corporation and we would continue to be employees, but had to re-do the application, background check, and drug screen process to be eligible and I was like weelllll gently caress. Luckily that didn’t happen for a few weeks and I was good.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Yeah I’m just watching the regular cut. I thought I had the extended set, but turns out I just had the regular.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

GD_American posted:

On a related note, my wife’s federal employer made everyone in the building return to work starting today

My employer told us all to just work from home for the holidays in mid-December (we have two teams that rotate one week in-office, one week at home since about September). Our team was originally scheduled back in-office this week which would have sucked but last week they extended it out to January 17th which I presume is Covid related and will see if they push it out again. Also I was sick for two weeks at the beginning of December so I haven’t actually been in the office since November :feelsgood:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Yeah I see a lot of Not Small sign on and retention bonuses come through me and most if not all have that*

*Must pay back bonus in its entirety if you do not remain an employee for a period of 12 months

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Ah yes first day back at work in the New Year and I’m already annoyed at how clueless and helpless HR people are!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

The extra unopened package of rolls we got for tenderloin sammiches on Saturday is somehow already moldy so I’m making mashed potato and beef tendy nachos for dinner because I also have a half bag of tortilla chips leftover with nothing to dip them in lol

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Lol I’m watching Bad Blood on Netflix for some guilty pleasure trash gangster TV and I swear they poached like half of the Letterkenny cast, I’m waiting for Jared Keeso to show up as a steely faced enforcer

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I’m jealous of everyone playing cool co-op games with their pals, the only thing my friends ever want to play is Madden and they’ve moved onto 2022 and I’m NOT paying $60 for another Madden game.

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s 2:25 AM and I just spent the past 30 minutes getting a bird back outside. The dogs woke me up to take them out and it flew in when I had the door open.
A couple of months ago a bird rocketed down my chimney and across the living room and went bonkers, but then the second it got within three feet of the floor an orange blur of cat snatched it and ran off across the house with it. So not only did I have to figure out how to separate a bird from cat jaws, I had to fight off a determined cat afterwards while still trying to capture a bird and let it back outside. :argh:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

This reminded me of when I came home one day and found bird feathers scattered across my kitchen. I think a bird swooped in through the kitchen hood exhaust, and one of my cats must have quickly disposed of it. I could find no other evidence of the bird.

I saw a mouse scampering around a month ago or so for a few days and neither of them seemed very interested in it, but then I never saw it again. Soon after I found one singular mouse-sized internal organ on the floor, so whichever one ate it must have been a little picky.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I think I’m gonna attempt to make Macarons this weekend.

I am already accepting complete and total failure.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I give Lee Majors better odds than me right now

I don’t have Covid, I’ve just been eating questionably old stuff out of the fridge all week because I don’t wanna go out to the store

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I’m down 6! But that’s over the last month, out of probably 15 or 20 up from the last year lol

T-Square
May 14, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I swear to god trying to find the cheap pdf versions of this quarter's textbooks has me past my breaking point. The multitude of layered costs in this deeply insidious cash grab we call an education system is... overwhelming.

I went to a lowly technical college right out of highschool and it kind of worked out okay in that you would buy your textbooks used at the campus bookstore and then you could sell them back at the end of the semester for pretty cheap but it still helped on costs a lot.

Except for the Supply Chain Management class which I remember precisely zero of, aside from the fact we all had to buy a new “special edition” of the normal textbook which was expensive as gently caress. And then everyone found out at the end of the semester the “special” part was that it had chapters irrelevant to our class removed, and the bookstore wouldn’t buy them back which was why there weren’t any pre owned ones to buy :argh:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

drat, I have always wanted one of those hog legs, but I’d probably end up being a huge dork and watching an hour of YouTube videos on how to get perfect slices off of it

T-Square
May 14, 2009

fartknocker posted:

:same: Hell, I wish I looked as good right now at 31 (And a dude). I constantly look like I have black eyes.

Same and same. I’ve had people ask me what happened on multiple occasions and I’m like “…huh?” and they say “you have two black eyes did you get in a fight last night or something?” and I’m like “oh lol, nah I just have bags constantly” and then they go on to insist that no I should really go look in a mirror I have black eyes :jerkbag:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

We have these stupid awards at work people across the company can nominate each other for if they think someone went above and beyond on something, and you can use them to exchange for stuff I think? But I keep getting nominated for it from HR people that keep asking me to do poo poo absolute last second which is basically just doing my job at this point.

Anyway, one of my coworkers hasn’t gotten one yet and he’s super swamped all day every day and generally kicking rear end. I needed his help for something that someone nominated me for another award on today, so I told her she should give it to him instead and she did, now he’s all happy :3:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Skwirl posted:

This sounds like a thing your company does instead of properly paying people

Nah, we’ve had some growing pains implementing our new system this year which kinda sucks but we all get paid good wages and they paid us all a four figure bonus as a project completion bonus this year too.

But, yeah y’all should see how much some of these Union technicians on our payrolls get paid, holy gently caress I’m in the wrong business

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Skwirl posted:

loving hell man.

I think you just proved my point. Your company can afford to pay these union workers apparently insane amounts of money, and you get a piece of paper with an empty compliment on it instead of a larger paycheck.

Man I just wanted to post about how I made a coworker’s day better and it made me feel good, I’ll gently caress off then I guess

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Well I guess I hosed up talking myself out of buying an Xbox 360, controllers, some iteration of Rock Band with guitars, drums, and microphone for $300 at a rummage sale this summer, huh. Not that it wouldn’t have ended up buried in the basement with all of the other stupid poo poo I impulse purchase though.

Also, y’all mean to tell me it’s in the realm of possibility I can get an old 360 instrument to sync with an Xbone but it’s impossible to sync my old like $600 Xbox 360 Fanatec wheel, this is bullshit.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

Let me tell you about optimistic nihilism

Eat Arby’s

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Well I kept loving up whipping the egg whites and sugar on the macarons (adding a small amount of extract and food coloring immediately ruined it) and got mad and quit, but I made some pretty ugly delicious pork gyoza

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

Were you using gel food coloring or the kind in the pack from the grocery store? Sometimes the thin grocery store food colors will break your egg whites. Also you should add the food color after you add in the almond flour.

Yeah I was using the grocery store food stuff, I’ll keep an eye out for gel coloring and add after! I’m not gonna quit until I make some cute drat macarons so I’m planning on trying again this weekend. Thanks for the helpful tips!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I shouldn’t really complain because I’ve been able to put it off like a year thanks to working at home and not having to drive a lot of freeway/long distances but I’m finally sucking it up and dropping off my car for new tires today and uugghhhhhh

T-Square
May 14, 2009

There’s a drive up covid testing spot down the road from me that’s an old shut down “Holistic Health” clinic, but they still have all the signs up and everything. I assume everyone thinks they’re just making you sniff incense because there’s never more than two cars in line.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Kronos can eat my rear end, they need to hurry up and get their poo poo back up my fingers are about to fall off and eyeballs fall out of my head trying to get dozens and dozens of people’s missing paychecks paid as fast as possible all day every day because managers just gonna do manager things and not follow our temporary mitigation instructions to get their employees’ time to us for their regular payroll

T-Square
May 14, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

We’ll absolutely vote for someone in the next ten years who had an onlyfans. Probably a cat girl or something.

I mean…*gestures vaguely at most of our currently elected officials*

They got my vote

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Did anybody ever play Hodge ‘n’ Podge

That game rules

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I just finished the newest series of The Great British Baking show and my favorite baker from the very beginning won and just :unsmith: :unsmith: :unsmith:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Freaquency posted:

I prefer my bacon to have a little chew to it if I’m eating it alone, but on a sandwich? It needs to be crispy enough that it breaks cleanly with every bit so you don’t end up pulling out whole strips of it with you teeth.

I can go either way with bacon, but yeah on a sandwich it needs to be crispy.

An acquaintance that doesn’t know his way around the kitchen criticized my use of rosemary and thyme on beef tenderloin when I made sandwiches for everyone (apparently this seasoning combination should only be used on holiday ham lmao) and then the next weekend made like $50 worth of tri tip sandwiches for us and smoked it to barely medium rare and that was the most difficult sandwich I’ve ever eaten lol

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Forrest on Fire posted:

Twitter was pissing me off so I did A Hobby. My hobby is coaching college students to deliver public speeches.

It's kind of insane how the human brain can fixate on doom until you give it a single distraction. Telling college students they don't understand what/how state owned industry does/functions is the dumbest seratonin release.

I have like 87 hobbies and can never decide which ones I want to scale down to and make my Real Hobbies and then I just deadlock and don’t do any and binge Netflix.

But I did get out into the garage and let my jet heater rip and started doing cool stuff to my Sportster which was fun and nostalgic, even if it’s about to start costing me lots of money I don’t really have!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I almost got pasted by a Prius this afternoon going for a walk in my neighborhood on my lunch break. Guy was turning left onto the road I was walking down and looking right out of his passenger window the whole time and I had to step into someone’s lawn to avoid getting bonked

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

today is the day I learned that in witcher 3, when you're in a boat, you can open the map and there's little green anchors and you can fast-travel to them

I've got 133 hours into this game lol

Lol yeah I saw that on a loading screen tip basically right at the end of the main game and was like…I probably spent at least an hour alone sailing during the endgame Skellige stuff and knocking out side quests/map items thanks for telling me that now!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I love working from home, because whenever I order something I get to watch all of the delivery services except the one carrying my package putter through the neighborhood all morning and early afternoon. If I order something on Amazon, FedEx and UPS make deliveries to my neighbors from like 10:00AM-12:30PM and my poo poo shows up at 7:30 at night. If my package is coming UPS, I get to watch Amazon and FedEx drop everyone’s poo poo off all day, etc. :argh:

This rules. I think Justified is the only series I’ve ever bought the entirety of on DVD. Then my parents borrowed it and let the dog chew up all of the cases and boxes :(

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Look at this adorably perfect (and delicious) ravioli I made:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I have also been pondering just growing my hair out, I used to have a sick Justin Herbert mane when I was in middle school, but I feel like I’d just end up looking dumb like Aaron Rodgers

I’m like some weird exact carbon copy of my grandpa including the thick head of hair which he kept until the day he died at like 86 or something so I think I’m good on the hair front. *knocks on wood*

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I smoked a buttload of wings on my friend’s new pellet smoker tonight and had to use every square inch of grill space since my other friend got like an 8 pound pack of drummies and flats. Which meant I kept burning my hand on the hot grates getting to all the wings way in back on the bottom grate, so now my right hand is covered in burn marks and my left hand is already covered in angry cat claw marks.

Wings were nice and crispy and tasty tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I saw Spider-Man today and it was fantastic, but now I miss/am nostalgic for the Tobey and Andrew movies so I’m gonna have to do a re-watch of those soon.

End credit spoiler: I’m not sure if they’re icing out Tom Hardy but if they’re making a new Venom character it would be hilarious if bartender Dany Rojas is the new host and I’m there for it

Also speaking of Spider-Man and timelines, you’re all fools if you go back to 6 and plonk all your money down on Amazon the timeline will be different and you’ll look like an idiot when Amazon flounders, but at least the world will be better in that timeline!