Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

FizFashizzle posted:

We’re two days in!

Also doing strict paleo.

Question- is there a good app/program for total diet/exercise routines for home stuff? I have free weights and a knockoff Bowflex type machine. I'm not going to the gym. Everything I've done diet or exercise wise has been half-assed and intermittent, so I guess I'm ready to go full cultist in a program like P90X or some poo poo

edit- and I guess while I'm admitting my failures as an adult, how do I get weed in Alabama beyond making friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Relentlessboredomm posted:

yea the vaccines don't stop you from catching it, even with the booster. omicron is absurdly infectious. we actually just shattered a one day record today by getting over 1 million new cases

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1478196949287424004?s=20

On a related note, my wife’s federal employer made everyone in the building return to work starting today

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

I have covid lol

It was inevitable the chat thread would lose more than pets and relatives.

Please don’t be that guy.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Reconstruction is one of the most undercovered and untaught periods of US history.

That's not by accident.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

T-Square posted:

Except for the Supply Chain Management class which I remember precisely zero of,

Don't worry. The vast majority of it got tore up.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

The Big Jesus posted:

Hello thread I got married on New Year’s Eve and it owned and also I just came up with a dad joke

Congratulations!

Went into Costco today and found the most random-rear end purchase imaginable. A giant 7 kilo Jamon leg, complete with a little wooden stand and knife for 100 bucks.

My personal mantra is fast becoming "gently caress it, I've spent more on dumber"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Its Rinaldo posted:

Man, I've been sleeping on Marissa Tomei

She unfairly caught so much poo poo after her Oscar win. She ended up firmly in the middle of two giant Hollywood problems- rampant misogyny, and critical disdain for comedies. Then she ran afoul of Harvey Weinstein and lost what should have been the peak of her career in the 1990s.

How much would it suck for people to think so little of your Oscar win that a practically universal conspiracy theory comes about that it was a mistake that just never got corrected?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m going to Jackson Hole next month and I just figured out there’s dog sledding and you get your own sled and dogs and partway through you stop at a campsite and you can have lunch with the dogs and ahhhh I’m excited to meet the sled doggies :3::3::3::3:

Warning- it is exciting and fun, but they are working dogs and very very very much not lovable puppy dog bundles of fur to cuddle. Be careful.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

If you're reading the news on the Braziilian boat accident and want to see the video....don't. Just don't.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Not gonna lie, that is some gigantic BDE. Morally indefensible, but weirdly admirable

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Local CBS affiliate just broke into Steelers/Ravens b/c of a tornado warning, and the dude who is on screen is more petrified and stammering than a 6th grader making his first Toastmasters speech. This usually 45-60 second breakin is on minute seven and counting, and I am dying laughing

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

If I submitted a script today, what's the lead time in getting a big budget Hollywood movie made where our complete indifference to the virus ends with the Omega variant being the 100% deadly end of world one that we had years to prepare for with effective real-world countermeasures?

Less than how long it will take us to get there in real life?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

boy sure is funny how quickly bodycam footage can be released at times and not at others, huh

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

The new Uncle Phil was fantastic in the English version of 19-2, so they did pick one bright spot

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

I know we've done a lot of Homefield talk, but has anyone else picked up Ebbets Field stuff?

High quality, high prices. Excellent customer service.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

That dude got arrested at the exact same intersection 6 years earlier for pulling a piece on someone

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Alabama public school vs private Catholic segregation academy

https://twitter.com/bob_grip/status/1481655040137838594?s=21

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Someone call him and complete the circle he started when he called the woman who just had a miscarriage to mock her

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

He has no other way to contextualize things.

The short-lived period right after 9/11 where sports broadcasters had to uncomfortably wrestle with using combat terminology to cover sports was just so so good

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Peacemaker is the exact perfect amount of stupid. Very well done.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Yep, the last caller of the day one minute before phones cut off incoming calls, on a Friday afternoon before a federal holiday weekend, is asking a followup question on what someone else did. There were 3 people still logged in (out of 60).

Told him to call back Tuesday morning, and he had no idea Monday was a federal holiday. When the caller (a redneck on SSI) asked what holiday it was, I thought “oh poo poo buckle up”

I was not disappointed

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

If I were a boy who bought one of those games I would never tell my parents so as to avoid the inevitable

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

BlindSite posted:

They closed all the major beaches on the east coast, first time in my lifetime I've ever seen that.

Do....do they own a globe?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

We're not getting snow down here but it's cold enough there better be some drat deer walking around. I'm down 6 to nothing to my father and I am so sick of hearing it

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1482739199333879812

Genuinely had never heard of this. Welp, see y'all on the other side of the rabbit hole

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

He’s actually right, though

https://youtu.be/cRIfsFefatg

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Please everyone in the TFF 'Rona crowd take care. I haven't personally lost anyone I know to it and would love to keep that streak going

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Whoever called crypto and NFTs "capitalism running out of things to buy" was so wise

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

swickles posted:

I mean, for me 10m easily, but I also feel anyone who has kids and/or a wife is going to take that disproportionately than those who don't.

I'd go to age 6, easily make 10mil with the knowledge I had, and become my now and again wife's guardian angel by bumping her lovely sociopathic father and narcissistic junkie sister off in seeming accidents at different points in her life. (After the sister had her two girls, who are just the most amazing people on earth). Then I'd bump off the girls' molesty little trailer trash gently caress of a father, buy a bank and offer my mother-in-law a do-nothing job for lots of money so she didn't strangle my wife's college education for need of help, and start the love story over again.

Oh, yeah and this time I'd make sure she never got on a toboggan and save her a broken arm.

Basically, Time Traveller's Wife, without the yikes grooming bits.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Oh yeah and I came in here to post that Rovell is managing to find new peaks in Rovellposting

https://twitter.com/SethKlamann/status/1483223360104374272

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I promise you that wherever you think this story about a small town Alabama speed trap will end, it just gets worse.

https://twitter.com/JohnArchibald/status/1483802227366113286

https://twitter.com/JohnArchibald/status/1483802246668238853

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

General Dog posted:

If Trump doesn't/can't run, I feel pretty confident the Republican candidate is going to be DeSantis. Anything can happen, but in a Donald Trump-free primary, he's going to go in as a prohibitive favorite.

I can only remember one primary in my voting adult life where the clear (non-incumbent) frontrunner years out actually got the nom.

92- Tsongas, 96- complicated (Powell, who didn’t run, then a very weak Dole had a hard fight), 00- McCain, 04- Dean, 08-Hillary, Giuliani, 12- Romney*, 16- no frontrunner (tossup Cruz/Trump)

I counted Gore ‘00 and Hillary ‘08 as incumbents because of continuity from the outgoing Administration; the GOP didn’t have anyone equivalent running in 2008.

Romney in 2012 was really the only one that largely cruised for years into a nom.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

Also the midterms are going to be an unconscionable bloodbath. I am morbidly curious how bad it will be.

Senate goes 55-45, GOP gets a 30 seat majority in the House, enough to lose a few kooks or single-issuers from any bill

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Sometimes this state makes me proud

https://twitter.com/AlexMcDaniel/status/1486019763960786946

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I want to make fun of Peloton but I also really want a rowing machine so it’s just being hooked on 10 years’ ago’s hot trendy workout equipment

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

General Dog posted:

These seem like values consistent with The Wasp

God-drat

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

It took me 46 years to discover I had a kink, and that kink is r/specializedtools

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Braksgirl posted:

We bought a king cake today that claims to be better than sex. I am dubious because it looks dry and as we all know, in cakes and sex, dry is not ideal.

Have you guys tried Dong Phuong? Was wondering if it was the real deal, considering all their hoopla

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

I have a friend who was involved in the planning of that.

She says everyone was high fiving and laughing their rear end off until all the present turner executives showed up at their door and had a very long all hands on deck meeting.

Oral histories are overrated but I’d love to see a long one on that whole debacle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

General Dog posted:

Do employee self evaluations typically mean anything? I rated myself 3/5 overall

I've never done one but I've thought about it, and vacillated between a basic "I don't do anything" Tyler Durden-style one and a "you should all be lucky to breathe my loving carbon dioxide" one.

It sucks that my immediate supervisor is a smart, capable, good manager with common sense who I'm on good terms with. It means I have to shelve all the fun games I played with his predecessor, that I helped get demoted.