Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Preemptive happy new year from the central time zone. Not sure I’m even going to bother to stay awake for another 20 minutes.

In what new ways will 2022 suck? We shall all find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

To start the new year, my kid woke up in the middle of the night with a wet bed, and then decided to wake up at 6:15 still. 2022 already sucks.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

In honor of the thread title.

https://youtu.be/jKCQNx0mgBQ

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I think it’s funny that the OP for last year was permabanned.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I find the only treatment for a hangover is a lot of water/gatorade and sleep.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I had mine cut once and I would never have reported it to the cops if my apartment complex at the time didn't force me to. There is absolutely zero chance of any benefit to you and like <.001% chance of them catching whoever did it.

I was at least able to do it online, my report was suitably sarcastic.

Did you file an insurance claim? I thought most insurers required a police report.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I had to do that when someone drunkenly plowed into my car in my apartment complex like 15 years ago.

I even went and found the car that hit me on the other side of the complex, and still the police did nothing with it.

Did your insurance go after the guy? Wondering since someone on my block just had a hit and run on their car last night, but we got the plate of the car.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Too bad he’s a billionaire, otherwise he could be our mascot.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

What happened to Timby?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Its Rinaldo posted:

Did something happen?

Apparently got a 100k hour probe for promising to sell something, but then not delivering after payment.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Reloaded was bad because they got lazy and made a CGI Neo for the fights instead of just doing stunts. It’s so obvious when the CGI kicks in to. There’s still some decent fight scenes, but it’s just not enough to overcome the flaws.

Revolutions I can barely remember what happens, and I hated how they turned Neo from a god in the matrix to someone with superpowers outside of it too. I don’t remember how they explained that.

I thought resurrections was fine, worse than 2, but better than 3. The meta stuff at the beginning I found kind of fun with the director literally dragging Warner Brothers by name. Still wasn’t a good movie, but I didn’t find it awful. Definitely unnecessary.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Demar Derozan just hit buzzer beater threes on back to back days. The Bulls are good again baby.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

MTG was saying she was being silenced before this though, so nothing will change.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's hard to believe that's so when you consider the astounding stupidity of the average American of the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

People aren’t dumber, we just gave all the dumb people megaphones.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

There is some real movie set snow going on in Chicago right now. Just this very gentle, dry snow while still being bright out, and no wind.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

The anti-vax crowd has grown ever since there was a debunked report that vaccines cause autism. The report never had any actual evidence, but crazy moms clung onto it. Combine that with naturlists, hippie granola moms, and then the general anti-government/anti-science crowd and there were already a bunch of anti-vaxers. Most of those were parents not vaccinating their kids though, since they had been given vaccines as kids already. This was leading to mumps and measles outbreaks in certain communities.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hooray for twenty years of having to hear about Harry Potter from tedious people.

HBO has a whole Harry Potter quiz show if you want to hear more!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Neil Armbong posted:

How has the weather been? Have to fly in to O'Hare tomorrow and drive to Oregon west of Chicago for a memorial and it looked like weather should play nicely, but def concerned about all the travel over a 24 hour period.

Also hoping the two year COVID free streak doesn't end between the flights, memorial and dinner (are they kidding me) between tomorrow and Tuesday.

Congrats, tomorrow is going to be out coldest day this winter, but looks like it’ll still be in the 20s, so not too bad. Looks like no snow on the radar, so you shouldn’t have issues flying in. Roads will be clear and salted, so driving won’t be bad.

I’ve been to Oregon, nice town right on the Rock River. There’s a state park with a big Chief Black Hawk statue.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Back to work tomorrow after 11 days off and I’m not ready. January and February are the worst two months of the year. No holidays even close to look forward to, dark, cold, and stuck indoors a lot.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

D-LINK posted:

She said yes, my brother. Turns out she's been impatiently waiting for me ask bc some snitch in my family blew up my spot :blush:

Congrats!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

fartknocker posted:

I don’t want to be at work.

You and me both.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Yea, but maybe he could just not come out? That would be better for everyone.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Doing 15 months WFH then flipping a switch and going 100% back in the office has made me realize I absolutely want to be working from home long-term.

I had been increasing my office time slowly as the year progressed. I hadn't gone into the office at all until I was vaxxed, so like early May. Now with the Delta and Omicron spiking like crazy, I'm trying to go back to WFH most of the week. I'll probably still end up in the office like 1 day a week, and I go to jobs 2-3 times a week. I can't really decide what I like more, but I definitely like not commuting. I work better in the office though.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Not watching the extended cut is sacrilege.

I just watched the trilogy over the holidays, but this time I just watched the regular versions. So many scenes from the extended version I completely forgot were not in the original. It's so tough to get through those extended cuts though. Really need to split them up like Tittiekisser said.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I deleted Instagram off my phone, didn’t delete my account yet. I just really need a break. I was getting into some bad scrolling habits. I have zero social media going on for the first time in over a decade. Unless this place still counts.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

D-LINK, are you going to move to :france: or are you cursing your new bride to have to live in :911:

Each go halfway and live on the Azores.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

swickles posted:

The north and not being able to handle a heatwave.

Jokes on you, Chicago gets so hot in the summer and so cold in the summer, we're pretty much prepared for anything temperature wise.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I bought Scythe on steam because I needed a turn based strategy game to play. I definitely need to figure out the strategy. It took me a little bit to get the basics of play down and I’m still learning after playing through a couple of times. I’m getting beat on easy, so I’ve got a long ways to go.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

Scythe is great, one of our favorite board games. Only thing is the mechs make it look like combat plays a bigger role than it does, when it's really more engine building (pretty much Stonemaier's MO).

Yea I think that’s part of my problem. I keep building up for battles that don’t happen, or happen really late in the game. Also need to learn the strengths of each faction. It’s just a very different game than I’m used to.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Damnit goons, stop getting sick!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

T-Square posted:

I’m jealous of everyone playing cool co-op games with their pals, the only thing my friends ever want to play is Madden and they’ve moved onto 2022 and I’m NOT paying $60 for another Madden game.

A couple of months ago a bird rocketed down my chimney and across the living room and went bonkers, but then the second it got within three feet of the floor an orange blur of cat snatched it and ran off across the house with it. So not only did I have to figure out how to separate a bird from cat jaws, I had to fight off a determined cat afterwards while still trying to capture a bird and let it back outside. :argh:

This reminded me of when I came home one day and found bird feathers scattered across my kitchen. I think a bird swooped in through the kitchen hood exhaust, and one of my cats must have quickly disposed of it. I could find no other evidence of the bird.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

I have covid lol

I just said don’t get sick! Sorry dude. Hope it’s a quick recovery.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Well I am now in isolation in our guest bedroom with the ps4 so I’m going to put those tips to use. Thanks bud.

I think you're just faking COVID to play video games!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

most of the "best" candidates for NYC mayor backed out once they realized the job is going to be awful in the current era. between nypd poo poo, the collapsing public transit infrastructure, and everything pandemic related its not a good job if your goal is to further your own career, which is of course the goal of every political creature. so all that was left was the weirdos, the true believers, and of course the dumbass weirdos like Adams

Similar to Chicago. It's an impossible job, so anyone who is remotely competent wants nothing to do with it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

GD_American posted:

Reconstruction is one of the most undercovered and untaught periods of US history.

That's not by accident.

I remember learning a small amount about reconstruction, but I swear the only thing I retained from school is what carpet bagger meant.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Why stop at generals? What’s the distinguishing line in the sand, exactly?

I agree with you, they were traitors, just asking a few questions that would immediately be asked.

The generals are at least the ultimate leaders of the military, everyone below them is taking orders. All lines are somewhat arbitrary anyway, so it seems like a good stopping point. Generals were likely part of the aristocracy then too, where lower positions probably weren't.

If the US executed every member of the Davis administration, every member of the confederate congress, and every general, you'd be looking at like 200 people to execute. That seems like a lot.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

God drat do I hate transportation options that still rely on driving. loving Musk and his tunnels.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Ugh, weighed myself for the first time in a while, and I've gained about 5 lbs. from this time last year. I need to cut back on my sugars, both in dessert and alcohol form. I actually meant to lose weight last year and I just never kept discipline. I need to get back into better exercise habits too. I was doing really good at the beginning of 2020, even through the first few months of the pandemic, and I just completely fell off.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

Hello thread I got married on New Year’s Eve and it owned and also I just came up with a dad joke

If you have a wet dream is that just Mother Nature giving you a REM job?

Congrats man! Work on the dad jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Huh, The CW is up for sale. Anyone want to buy a network?