Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
The auction winner could be making a meme purchase. Like a few days after Barry Bonds' record breaking home run ball was auctioned, Marc Ecko releaved himself as the winner and he then polled the internet with what he should do with it. He honored two choices: branding it with an asterisk (because (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAlledgedly) steroids) and giving it to the MLB hall of fame.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

reignofevil posted:

RLM 2023: New year, new thread, nukie.

Jay confirmed at reading this thread…

https://twitter.com/jaybauman1/status/1609213833637150722

There’s no way he could have come up with this pun otherwise.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

ProperCoochie posted:

The auction winner could be making a meme purchase. Like a few days after Barry Bonds' record breaking home run ball was auctioned, Marc Ecko releaved himself as the winner and he then polled the internet with what he should do with it. He honored two choices: branding it with an asterisk (because (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAlledgedly) steroids) and giving it to the MLB hall of fame.

The only appropriate thing to do with the copy of Nukie would be sending it back to RLM to be destroyed.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Nothing could possibly be funnier than sending them the copy back after paying tens of thousands for it

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

I have a question about the totally scientifically accurate movie The Core, how does the drill ship steer?
In the classic novel "At the Earth's Core" by Edgar Rice Burroughs, as soon as their drill ship goes down they try to steer it and it doesn't work at all, so they're doomed to go straight down. Good thing the Earth is hollow.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Some weird dude hears that the cool kids are sending RLM Nookie tapes but he misunderstands and sends them a nuclear warhead! Zany antics ensue.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Presto posted:

In the classic novel "At the Earth's Core" by Edgar Rice Burroughs, as soon as their drill ship goes down they try to steer it and it doesn't work at all, so they're doomed to go straight down. Good thing the Earth is hollow.

are you sure it was edgar rice burroughs and not m night shyamalan

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i follow this person on letterboxd who includes alerts for vegans and im not sure if it is a bit or not

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Blue Raider posted:

If they really wanted to run up the charity drive they’d offer to reveal one of the hidden dick the birthday boy pictures

now that would be something. you have to personally fly out to them and Mike will show you the picture for 5 seconds and then you need to leave.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Sunk Dunk posted:

i follow this person on letterboxd who includes alerts for vegans and im not sure if it is a bit or not

I want to see a vegan review of Cannibal Holocaust. You know, in memoriam of film maker and animal rights legend Ruggero Deodato.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Prurient Squid posted:

That seemed like the old Mike and not the cynical "I want to be dead" Mike.

e:

Like how mike was back when he discovered YTMND videos.

Yeah, or the VR game run-through Mike

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

RoyKeen posted:

How "on the hook" are people for eBay bids? Is there really someone who's going to pay $69k+ for Nukie/a charity who watches RLM? Sure if you're rich enough it's not a big deal but I can't imagine anyone who watches RLM being that well off. No offense. I don't think Patton Oswald or Mac has $70k to drop even for a charity. So how serious are the bids? Is it Neil Breen?

It's William Shatner, and he's pissed

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It's William Shatner, and he's pissed

He misunderstood the message of the video and believes the tape will increase in value. This is his nest egg for his descendants, not Star Trek royalties or Tek Wars.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

OK, I never actually realised that they did a Let's Play video. I'm watching it now. (Super VHS, not prerec).

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Prurient Squid posted:

OK, I never actually realised that they did a Let's Play video. I'm watching it now. (Super VHS, not prerec).

if you arent going to put in the effort to keep up with this thread, i dont know how our friendship can move forward

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Well I'm sorry!

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
framed spoilers

they made a fuckin 300 sequel?

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Mike's so well behaved!

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

Sunk Dunk posted:

framed spoilers

Yeah I mean they already made 300 movies why would they stop

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Meat the Spartans

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Edit: Woah big mispost!

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Red Letter Media isn't a warehouse in Milwaukee. It lives in hearts of every one of us.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
did you guys know billy bob thornton is scared of antique furniture? do you think that's a video idea?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

framed spoilers

Yeah, it was made in 2014. It was about the naval battles of Artemision and Salamis. The only good thing about it is Eva Green as Queen "i will have my revenge" Artemisia, the lead "villainess". It also has a narrativly weak male hero, who cruise through the whole movie unchallenged and is some kind of genius/superwarrior because he is a genius/superwarrior who can never fail even if his warriors were farmer last week. Strong interesting female villain, poo poo boring male hero who wins anyway no matter what, it's lovely writing all over. Also there is none of the "unreliable" narrator thing from the first movie, so the fighting is nowhere as loving insane and exaggerated as the first one. It's basically a movie about a cool villain who fail against a weak unlikable hero because "plot". It's hard to be emotionally involved.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

did you guys know billy bob thornton is scared of antique furniture? do you think that's a video idea?

I know he likes people to think he has a phobia of old furniture and “heavy, old silverware”. I think a good idea for a video would be about all the quirky behavior celebrities claim to exhibit in order to seem more interesting to media and fans. Might be hard to research, though.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Hats Off Entertainment made a decent video on Bad Santa 2. He does some editing to make Billy Bob look like a cynical, pretentious cock (not a challenge admittedly) in a very RLM fashion.

I won't post any of his stuff because I don't want to get bitched at, but the channel feels like something some people in this thread would enjoy.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

roomtone posted:

I think they've got a bunch of film industry fans beyond those two. I remember tweets from people over the years talking about them, and there's probably plenty more who never do. It's probably one of them. Or like, computer nerds who make hundreds of thousands a year.
Rian Johnson has been a RLM fan for a long time, could see it being him

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The idea of hollywood types being like OoOooo new RLM! tickles me

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

achillesforever6 posted:

Rian Johnson has been a RLM fan for a long time, could see it being him

A lot can change in 5 years achilles

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Toplowtech posted:

Yeah, it was made in 2014. It was about the naval battles of Artemision and Salamis. The only good thing about it is Eva Green as Queen "i will have my revenge" Artemisia, the lead "villainess". It also has a narrativly weak male hero, who cruise through the whole movie unchallenged and is some kind of genius/superwarrior because he is a genius/superwarrior who can never fail even if his warriors were farmer last week. Strong interesting female villain, poo poo boring male hero who wins anyway no matter what, it's lovely writing all over. Also there is none of the "unreliable" narrator thing from the first movie, so the fighting is nowhere as loving insane and exaggerated as the first one. It's basically a movie about a cool villain who fail against a weak unlikable hero because "plot". It's hard to be emotionally involved.

Agreed on all counts. Eva Green is absolutely wonderful in it. Everything else sucks.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

The idea of hollywood types being like OoOooo new RLM! tickles me

Every day James Gunn wakes up, checks YouTube, and after confirming he's still safe, lowers the loaded revolver from his temple

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Kingo Ligma posted:

Every day James Gunn wakes up, checks YouTube, and after confirming he's still safe, lowers the loaded revolver from his temple

that's why that's his name!!!!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

A lot can change in 5 years achilles

hey nice one milo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sunk Dunk posted:

framed spoilers

Eva Green is in it!

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Sunk Dunk posted:

framed spoilers

Yeah and Eva Green is wonderful in it. She bangs the lame hero, asks if he wants to join her team, and he says "nah" then leaves.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Eva Green was also in that Sin City sequel.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I hear Eva Green is an actress, who plays "roles" in "movies"

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Vakal posted:

Eva Green was also in that Sin City sequel.

I forgot all about that sequel, worth a watch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
301 is an awful sequel. Eva green also showed her tits. Watch Sun City 2 instead.