Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

First post on the second page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Second post on the second page.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

last post on the last page. topic locked.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Reserved

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
1.1 Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge (Deathless)

One of my childhood staples. Been probably 20+ years since I played it but it's so short I remember almost everything. Kind of a cop out to only have 4 robot stages and then fight the other 4 at the end of Wily 1, but I guess it beats doing a bunch of rematches instead. Some of the best music in the entire series as well.

8/10, 45 minutes

Also does the "enemy name rollcall credits with beautiful music" which should be a thing in every single video game.

American McGay fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 2, 2022

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

reserved

1. 2/24 - pictionary (nes)
2. 3/20 - tokimeki memorial (snes)
3. 4/27 - star fox 64 3D
4. 5/3 - space invaders extreme (ds)
5. 5/15 - ridge racer (psx)
6. 7/10 - metal gear: ghost babel
7. 7/22 - metal gear solid 3
8. 8/7 - ridge racer revolution
9. 8/14 - intelligent qube
10. 9/6 - quackshot
11. 9/9 - virtua cop
12. 11/8 - super mario land 2
13. 11/22 - dragon quest (gbc)
14. 12/13 - dragon quest heroes: rocket slime
15. 12/15 - super mario land
16. 12/16 - super mario world

Spoderman fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 16, 2022

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

Also does the "enemy name rollcall credits with beautiful music" which should be a thing in every single video game.

hell yeah.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

My first game beat of 2022: Alan Wake's American Nightmare. Weird experience, they basically threw out all the atmosphere and tension and psychological horror of the first game and made it pure action, so they threw out everything that made the first game cool in favor of the absolute worst part of it lol. But they made enough improvements to the combat that it was actually kind of fun. Hopefully the newly-announced Alan Wake 2 skews closer to the original game than this but I don't regret playing it or anything.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

1. CrossCode

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
oddworld: soulstorm

annoyed because a bug was introduced with the enhanced edition stopping me from getting a 100% rescue rating. otherwise a fun game, nice throwback. i’m surprised i liked the crafting and items stuff they added, and i hope they get to make the rest of the series they want to

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

2. Death's Door (normal ending)

A game a day so far for 2022, although I don't think I'll be able to keep it up.

This was pretty good, it's an isometric Zelda-like where you're a crow working as a reaper of souls. It's got the same kind of "Cute Souls" aesthetic as Hollow Knight. The combat is mostly fun, the puzzles work for me, and I only have a couple minor gripes.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
1st game beat of the year: Tyranny

I really liked the premise start to finish, and i stuck with my decisions til the end sided with the disfavored, pledge loyalty to kyros. At the end it seemed liked it really wanted you to go your own way and defy the glorious leader but im glad it didn't force that path on you in the end. the combat was dry as hell and i dont think it was a focus in development, the few times i died i was bummed out i had to spend more time fighting. playtime was 30 hours on the nose so it doesn't overstay its welcome at all.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

1. dungeon encounters, although i'm probably gonna 100% it. real cool throwback game, really well thought out. enjoyed it a lot

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

1. Luigi's Mansion 3 (Rank: B)

overall, pretty drat great. none of the new gadgets or maneuvers felt wasted and it was cool how the Poltergust could interact with basically everything in the mansion/hotel. lot more focus on puzzle-solving and exploring the environment than the original, too. only a couple of gripes, mostly about the Boiler Room thanks to being stuck on a raft for a good portion of it, and i wasn't a fan of how catching Boos felt in this one. i don't think you even needed to catch a single one to beat the game but idk

also John Romero is even more of a massive bitch forever for spending hours struggling to aim on the final boss when the game gently locks onto the target you need to hit once you're over it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

symbolic posted:

overall, pretty drat great. none of the new gadgets or maneuvers felt wasted and it was cool how the Poltergust could interact with basically everything in the mansion/hotel. lot more focus on puzzle-solving and exploring the environment than the original, too. only a couple of gripes, mostly about the Boiler Room thanks to being stuck on a raft for a good portion of it, and i wasn't a fan of how catching Boos felt in this one. i don't think you even needed to catch a single one to beat the game but idk

also John Romero is even more of a massive bitch forever for spending hours struggling to aim on the final boss when the game gently locks onto the target you need to hit once you're over it

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Oh how the tables have turned, John

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

symbolic posted:

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
1/2: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Classic poo poo. I was disappointed in how the time loop gimmick only gets used properly in clock town, and is basically just a time limit in the outer four areas. I probably would have beaten this yesterday if it wasn't for closing without saving after doing an entire dungeon twice. Stone Tower is probably my favourite N64 Zelda dungeon. Gyorg was a bad boss. Fantastic game overall.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Arrhythmia posted:

1/2: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Classic poo poo. I was disappointed in how the time loop gimmick only gets used properly in clock town, and is basically just a time limit in the outer four areas. I probably would have beaten this yesterday if it wasn't for closing without saving after doing an entire dungeon twice. Stone Tower is probably my favourite N64 Zelda dungeon. Gyorg was a bad boss. Fantastic game overall.

you gonna 100% it?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

heehee posted:

you gonna 100% it?

Yes.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
:cheerdoge:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
1. Wizards & Warriors
2. Axelay (normal)
3. Ninja Gaiden 3 (JP)

Cubone fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Feb 20, 2022

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i love stone tower but i get really sick of playing the Elegy of Emptiness over and over again.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

3. Rusty Lake series

I didn't want to post these all separately since they're only about an hour long each. Escape room puzzles with some incomprehensible lore layered over top, they're weird but I liked them.

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

HolePisser1982 posted:

i will play Elden Ring to completion, repeatedly

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Aston posted:

3. Rusty Lake series

I didn't want to post these all separately since they're only about an hour long each. Escape room puzzles with some incomprehensible lore layered over top, they're weird but I liked them.

three for three so far

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

pb'd on tgm1 by about 5 seconds just now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrq5kLZoApI

did this again lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXOKge2eK9A

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Sable 1/3 - climber - 100% achievements. very nice botw-like with nice music, but some unfortunate technical issues. really liked the spaceships and that storyline. the secret achievemnt was very cool and unexpected.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
started and cleared another zelda 1 rando seed. died 8 times. played most of it while "working" then took a break and came back to do level 8 and 9

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

symbolic posted:

it didn’t for me. I think I have controller issues I’m using third party

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

got 100% in dungeon encounters nd beat slay the spire. well, killed the heart nd beat it with all the classes. obviously i'm gonna play it a bunch more

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
1. The Ratchet and Clank Movie: The Game (Platinum Trophy)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Mamkute posted:

lmfao, banger start to the year

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

1.) Forgotten Cities on Gamepass.

Fun and enjoyable mystery thing with some neat moments. However the true ending is incredibly indulgent and almost ruined the whole thing for me lol

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Suzerain; sunk my country into a great depression, couldn't stop impending civil war, impeached for bribery and collusion, and died in prison, but I did modernize education in rural areas so it's a win

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mamkute posted:

Never change Mamkute

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
1/4 Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. GrEE

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’m an adult, sorry. Ah’m the one who operated a successful YouTube channel. Me! GrEE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

trying to jack off posted:

lmfao, banger start to the year