Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
1. MediumNaut, S-Rank, was pretty fun small metroidvania by Nigoro's main dude of LaMulana game.
2. Astalon: Tears of the Earth, a hugely overlooked Metroidvania from last year. Was alot of fun, beefy game, satisfying to explore and reach the end. Getting full 100% is pretty tricky though, I'm missing at 99% of rooms explore lol.
3. Rachet and Clank: Rift Apart

Until Elden Ring is out, I'll be playing through Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Shadow of War, Bloodborne, Dark Souls, and THPS 1+ 2

ROBO_ERECTUS fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Oh and Guardians of the Galaxy

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

https://ggapp.io/RoboErectus

Seems like a cool site, yeah backlog is out of hand, I realize I try to play too many games at once, one day I will beat Dragons Dogma and Monster Hunter World

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

The later abilities were fun too, Carnage was satisfying to use.

3. Destiny 2 Beyond Light, dont know if I should include it, but hey I beat wjat they consider the 'main campaign' for the expansion, which is only about 5% of the stuff you spend you're time doing in the game, but on its merits, Destiny is still a pretty game, good aesthethics, decent shooting, variety of locations, lots of gear and customization. Having jumped into this after not touching it for 6 years, its alright, lots of activities, but the MMO aspects have only gotten more emphasized, and being forced to engage with certain aspects, like Pvp, is very annoying. Overall it's OK and engaging, the Seasonal content is a good idea, but not knowing what you have access to before buying is real lovely. Try it for free is my recommendation, and if you don't mind not missing the past story events, just wait till the next expansion, The Witch Queen, to jump in next month.

4. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart was pretty sick, beautiful and smooth gameplay, fun story, good stakes and setpieces by the end. Coming from someone who hasn't played any of the other ones, it was easy to jump in and not feel lost. Clever funny writing and good performances too.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

5. Demon's Souls Remake, Dex build with the Hiltless and Short Spear mostly

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Beat Bloodborne again, was fun using amygdala arm and the beast cutter, strength build is always fun, since you also get access to the cannons. The only boss I really don't like is Laurence, just so annoying and time consuming, just skipped him this time.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Also just beat Guardians of the Galaxy, mostly agree, pretty repetitive by the end, fighting the same sort of enemies, not much real depth or customization. Looked and sounded great though.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Been a while since I updated the list.

1. Medium-Naut
2. Destiny 2 Beyond Light
3. Rachet and Clank: Rift Apart
4. Astalon: Tears of the Earth
5. Demons Souls ps5
6. Bloodborne
7. Guardians of the Galaxy
8. La Mulana 2 Tower of Oannes DLC
9. Tunic
10. Elden Ring
11. Hypnospace Outlaw
12. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
13. Omori

Didn't know anything about Omori going, it was quite a surprise, pretty cool game.

New Kirb is prob the best in the series alongside Superstar, good fun, coop is great

Hypnospace Outlaw was like a weird early internet nostalgia trip that became an interesting detective game, hilarious and memorable, can't wait to play their next 2 games.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Mamkute posted:

21. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (All Songs, Won Epona)

What was your clear time?

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Just wanted to add I 100% completed Kirby and the Forgotten Land, true final boss was cool and optional bosses were very cool, felt good to learn them and get good at them, plus getting all the collectable was very satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

14. Mothered, one of those lo-fi ps1 style horror games, demo was in the Haunted ps1 demo disc 2022, liked it so I tried the full game. Pretty interesting story, like how the unnaturalness and glitchiness of everything is deliberately used to make you feel uncomfortable and tense, pretty good.
15. Stray, the cat game, was chill but short, expected a little more, just a pretty little game with a cute cat.

EDF 6 coming inspired to continue playing EDF 5, which I never finished, playing with ranger is cool, but playing Fencer is like playing another game. Smashing all those red ants with my vulcan hammers and dashing around is pretty sweet.