Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

1.) Forgotten Cities on Gamepass.

Fun and enjoyable mystery thing with some neat moments. However the true ending is incredibly indulgent and almost ruined the whole thing for me lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

2. Gorogoa. Neat puzzler with some cool designs but I don't think it would be worth paying more than a buck or two for imo. thankfully I have gamepass

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

3. AI: Somnium Files on gamepass. Fun and scratched that 999 series itch. A lot of the story beats/moments are kinda insane but I love that the goons in this game are lifted straight from MGS.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

That's a really neat website that's 100% better than my massive ancient text file on my iPhone. https://ggapp.io/SlengTeng if anybody wanna

American McGay posted:

As such right now my 100% completed list is majority Picross games.

Respectable.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

4. Yakuza 3 Remastered, gamepass.

Funny and charming like 0, K1, and K2 but definitely a bit rough to play. Combat kinda sucks except for destroying bosses with Hell's gauntlet and the minigames didn't feel that fun this time around. Still liked it quite a bit and I think the Okinawa parts are cool.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

5) Yakuza 4 Remastered, gamepass.

More Yakuza, which is a great thing, but a quarter of this game is with a lovely character and another quarter with a good one marred by a really rough start and an annoying world traversal mechanic. Probably my least favorite I've played yet but still decent, and at least feels better to fight than 3.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

6) Elden Ring on XSX.

This game will persist in my mind for a long time, perhaps forever. Amazing throughout.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

7. Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

8). Triangle Strategy - Morality Ending, Hard.

drat good. Most modern SRPGS that I've played range from bad to just okay so it's a blast to play one that gets it. Most units are viable and interesting, characters aren't deep but have interesting moments especially in little vignettes, and the plot is a decent story about warring over resources. I thought Elden Ring would be the only game I replay several times this year but I'm going to get all the other endings for this bad boy.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Harrow posted:

4. Triangle Strategy (Update)

Finished two more times, currently doing the true ending route on NG++ hard mode. Still having a blast, the game's amazing and I strongly recommend it if you like tactics RPGs at all.

It’s so loving sick, best recent example of the genre I’ve played imo

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

herculon posted:

I’ve started playing Triangle Strategy. Almost upset I bought it at first, but the game gets a lot better after the first three chapters or so.

On replay in ng+ it's a lot better because the early battles are more interesting/difficult, especially on hard. Hopefully you'll feel inclined to do so because this game really shines on ng+ replays imo, not that the first go around isn't great of course

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Update: Triangle Strategy

All 4 endings on hard mode, all characters, crown on all mock battles, almost every upgrade (sorry geology girl)

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Mamkute posted:

21. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (All Songs, Won Epona)

:worship:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

9. Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

I think I like this a lot more than 1. It feels really good to get a good fusion combo to chain attack going and spread a boss's cheeks by doing most or all of their health bar. I don't mind the affinity+trust system that much since 10m merc missions and pouch items make that mostly moot and there's too many drat blades already for me to worry about maxing all of it. The blade pull rng sucks but pretty much all of the story blades save Dromarch are decent and Poppi is a monster if you play tiger tiger even a little bit.

Final area has that sad empty sci fi masoleum vibe that I adore in JRPGs. Here I'm mainly thinking of the tower of salvation from tales of symphonia, or for not towers the bunker from nier automata and great silver shrine from skies of arcadia.

Between this and Elden Ring (though in a very different way) this has been an insane year for maximalist rpgs for me, and it looks like XC3 is shaping up to have an even more more involved combat system. I'm excited for it but until then I'll work on Torna and postgame / new game +.

-----
Best field themes: Tantal Day/Night, Mor Ardain day, World Tree
Best blade: Poppi 3rd
Best driver: Zeke

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I actually thought the ai was fairly reliable at driver combos by endgame. I kept most enemies driver locked most of the time, but I was usually controlling Tora for the reliable break + launch and relegated Rex to just pyra/mythra to guarantee he’d do the right thing if he was in my party.

My bigger problem was the ai switching to a lovely element, eg being in a fire chain and one of them switching from fire to water when the enemy has a fire weakness. Like come the gently caress on lol.

Basically it sucks because I didn’t feel like I could use all of my options since it usually would hurt more than help to use 3 blades on the cpu at a time.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

10. Torna: The Golden Country.

Epic. Hyped as hell for 3.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

hah

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

ArfJason posted:

have you killed the cop in your leaderboards? good.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

11. Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

One of the best jrpgs, hell games period, I’ve ever played. ♾/10

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

Yakuza 5 (100%)

👑

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Hikaru Utada songs in KH, ftw.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

it's all by machine girl.

!!!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

https://youtu.be/f8Kjn9qw-rw

it's uploaded by their distributor and everything

sick. guess I should play it too :cheers:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

12. Splatoon 3 story mode

So much better than the single player in base splatoon 2.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

Splatoon 3 - Story mode (102%)

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I feel acute gamer shame that I never caught Titanfall 2 at the height of its popularity. Series gone too soon.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

ty garlic bread

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

1. Tell Me Why
  2. Vampire Survivors
  3. SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech
  4. Elden Ring
  5. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
  6. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  7. Shadow Complex Remastered
  8. Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Slow year in terms of beating games, thanks to Elden Ring & Xenoblade. This game exceeded every possible expectation I had for it, virtually everything is an improvement over the previous 2 games. They combined combat mechanics, story, and settings from the first 2 and created something really special here. If you're a fan of the series I don't think I have to tell you to play this game, but I am.

5/5, GOTY

quite simply this :hai:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

bees x1000 posted:

23. Slay the Spire

I dunno if unlocking ascension mode counts as a win but the credits rolled so... first win was with the Silent. I intended to focus on poison but ended up with lots of draw/discard and stacking strength and dex.

You’ve done it now buddy.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

mbt posted:

Hit. Cruiser.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

13. Fire Emblem Three Houses, Azure Moon, Hard.

This is only the third fire emblem I've played (blazing blade and awakening) but I get the impression it's quite different from it's predecessors with the whole monastery thing. Anyway it rules hard, I do like the monastery mechanic a lot and overall I'd say the first half where it is the most active is probably the best part of the game. It does drag on however after a while in the second half (so does battling 3x on the weekends) so I found myself skipping it for seminars or just shoving 10 lunches down my party's throat to see supports in the last couple of months. Lots of fun classes but most of them play second fiddle compared to fliers who just get to do good damage and move a million tiles a turn.

I chose blue lions on a die roll and ended up liking all of the characters. Dimitri, Felix, Sylvain, Ingrid all amazing units, Anna had a good niche as a rally bot, Mercedes heals well, Ashe is a nice guy who was there I guess, and Dedue ruled until he vanished for a third of the game (cmon man). Punished Dimitri is so far the funniest thing in the game (shout out to Felix for being right about everything). Feels like a whole lot of context was left out of the story though, and in more ways than I would expect for a third of the story. You barely learn anything about why anybody does what they do, kill the bad guys and pay no attention to the man behind the curtain lol.

The game is super easy so I'm going to do maddening ng+ next but I don't know which house. I think the eagles are probably the most interesting house (I recruited Dorothea and she rules) but I've seen a lot less of the golden deer so I may roll with Claude next and save the best for last.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

symbolic posted:

without spoiling anything, Azure Moon is a lot more of a personal conflict and story compared to the other routes, which is why it's so limited in what it explains

I can buy that for sure. I guess I feel that the whole blue lions crew is just somebody's useful idiot (Rhea & church are shady from the get go) but it's not like I didn't enjoy it anyway. Mission accomplished by the game because I want to keep playing.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

oh hi mark LMFAO

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

13.1: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Ashen Wolves DLC, Hard

Now this was an actual hard mode. More interesting maps compared to the base game which is what you want out of a DLC I guess. The story is dumb but it shed some light on stuff I didn't see in azure moon and the new characters are likeable so it evens out. Not being able to one round murder enemies is probably a good warmup for maddening.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Harrow posted:

I wish base 3H's hard mode was more like the DLC's. One of my complaints about the game (which I otherwise really like) is that Hard mode is more like a Normal mode, and then Maddening actually earns its name, so there's a huge gap in difficulty between Hard and Maddening. Something in between would be perfect.

NG+ Maddening is almost there, at least.

Yeah the DLC really is nicely balanced for Hard. That said I was muttering "gently caress you" at times, such as the clown cars of golem reinforcements and the chest trial/error penalties in chapter 3 or the loads of bandit reinforcements as you cross blue squares in chapter 4. But, you know, in an appreciative way lol

I did preview the first couple of maps in ng+ maddening last week (I flipped a coin and it's going to be GD) and I actually think ng is going to be the sweet spot for me. However I do remember the first chapter in the second half being annoying in hard AM already and if that is maintained in the other routes I know I'm in for a rough one.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

Ico.

loving epic. Shadow of the Colossus is one of my favourite games ever so I'm glad I finally played this. Absolutely FTW.

Hell yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVVc2TOQ3NE

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Let’s not forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4g8s_4h9ms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Addendum: Fire Emblem Three Houses: Golden Deer Maddening

Better house than blue lions for sure, though Claude is not really as interesting as I thought he was going to be. People seem to trash Lorenz Ignatz and Raphael online but they were all pretty good units for me? Leonie and Lysithea were godly but MVP by far though was recruited Petra, my god. No defiant wrath or vengeance yet she would dodge everything and still be liable to crit kill on the counterattack.

Black eagles maddening up next. I already have 300 hours in this game since September lmfao