Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
1. Yakuza 0
2. Yakuza Kiwami
3. Yakuza Kiwami 2
4. Yakuza 3 Remastered
5. What Remains of Edith Finch
6. Yakuza 4 Remastered
7. Yakuza 5 Remastered
8. Fire Emblem: Three Hopes (All Routes)
9. Xenoblade Chronicles 3
10. Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna – The Golden Country
11. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
12. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
13. Judgment
14. Yakuza: Like A Dragon
15. Pokemon Scarlet
16. Lost Judgment
17. Super Mario Bros. 3
18. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!

Dr. Cool Aids fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Dec 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
1. Yakuza 0

incredible game, can't wait to lose my life to this series. Not done yet by any measure as I'm gonna try the completion list

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Yakuza Kiwami

Much worse than 0 but still enjoyed it well enough. I've heard Kiwami 2 is extremely a step up so looking forward to that

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
yakuza kiwami 2

still playing for 100% but an incredibly good game. The combat in the new engine is a lot of fun, was a bit worried about losing styles from the previous games but it's good enough even without them

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Yakuza 3 Remastered

it was fine. If this is the worst the series gets then I can live with that but I know people say it's a toss up between 3 and 4

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

i think 4 better fwiw and you seem to be playing through the series the same way that i did. you didn't 100 percent 3 i hope, lol.

the second I saw I'd have to beat pool on every difficulty I immediately lost all desire to try. I'll maybe try to do the Amon fight

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
what remains of edith finch

Decent little indie narrative game. As far as "games where you walk around piecing together how people died" go, obra dinn is a lot better.

Importantly it's the first thing I've finished this year that's not yakuza

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
yakuza 4 remastered

still yakuza, still good. Absolute shitload left to do as I basically blitzed the main story so I could freely swap around for the side stuff

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I think it was in that huge capcom leak but nothing official has been said so far

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
ape escape is a v underrated series

For games beat: Yakuza 5. A lot better than 4. shinada is a way better character than tanimura, saejimas section was not total poo poo this time, the haruka rhythm stuff was fun. Even if the plot was still kind of a mess the setpieces and big battles were way better.

still gonna play for a bit as I've barely touched the taxi and hunting side stories. Would be nice if akiyama had his own thing too but the game is hardly hurting for content.

sad that I've only got two more of these left to play (unless the judgments escape stadia)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
fire emblem: three hopes (scarlet blaze)

game owns. gonna do the other two routes as well so not done with it. almost definitely getting dlc at some point I'm sure

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
xenoblade chronicles 3

extremely good

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
xenoblade chronicles 2 torna dlc

real good DLC that pretty much addresses most of the issues in the main game

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Kingdom Hearts Re:Tarded

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
hyrule warriors age of calamity

Good poo poo. maybe overly relies on time limits to create difficulty but warriors games tend to skew quite easy so I get why they do it

was gonna list favourite playstyles but thinking on it there's way too many that are fun. the flail, master cycle, both zoras, both birds, urbosa, yunobo, kohga, the monk, the king. the only person I ever dread playing is the fairy probably

e: impa also good

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

i beat castlemania 1. i forgot this game is like 90 minutes long. i paused the game a few times to stand up and i alt tabbed out of the emulator. i did not use save states tho. hopefully i haven't violated the Fatwah of Intendo Wetwo Gaming as propounded by Ayatollah Mattei (Twitter, 2020). if i have i will send him 3 back sides of optimus primes as penance and fast for 3 days.

salmon rushdie is glad he's not you

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

After 100%ing 5 it's actually refreshing that this one's a bit thinner on side stuff. Still need to do most of baseball and clan creator, plus amon

lol at all of live chat, also the kabedon thing. Also big fan of a lot of the callback substories, especially the 0 ones

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
incredible scenes

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Mamkute refusing to play Wii Sports bowling with the family at Christmas until someone makes a The Dude mii and pretends it's a big lebowski tie-in

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Judgment

very good, insane how rarely yakuza/rgg games miss. glad to hear that the worst parts of it are addressed in the sequel (basically the lovely gang that keep popping up and the mortal wound mechanic)

kiryu is better than yagami but it's a high bar to clear. I liked yagami better once I stopped taking him too seriously, basically an 80s action star in how flawless he is at everything

hype for LJ but gonna finish up side cases then do Y7 first

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
probably streets of rage with a sibling. provided we didn't betray each other at the end

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Spoderman posted:

who’s the mentally unwell one? the gamer who racks up win after win in uncharted gaming territory or the myriad haters spending their limited gaming hours on this earth instead throwing stones from the sidelines?

also i beat yakuza like a dragon. incredible gaming

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
pokemon scarlet

yeah it looks rough as poo poo but it's the most fun it's been in years so I'm willing to forgive a lot

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
people that poo poo on ignatz tend to be playing lower difficulties I find, where he's just a decent archer. accuracy matters so much more on maddening and since that's his niche he becomes really good

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Lost Judgment

unbelievably good and lookin forward to ishin in only a few months. I've ended up getting through the entire yakuza series this year. if this is a sign I am mentally ill then so be it.

going to spend the rest of December's gaming on game club!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

lol, but also :stare: at their rap sheet

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Super Mario Bros 3

actually done twice but forgot to post in summer as it was done on a plane

nigh perfect game, nothing to add

Adbot