Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Beat Ancient Donajns of Mastery, or whatever, nethack, Times of Middle Earth(?) and dear fortress’s adventure mode. And Rogue Legacy - the coupy de grace. ThHEN I’ll be impressed.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

raid on bungling bay was the first famicom game to do hoizontal and vertical scrolling at the same time in 1984 or w/e. for some reason they hadn't thot of it yet. also will wright designed it and him dicking around with the map editor toolset maxis made was what inspired simcity. farewell

loving hype.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got the tude now posted:

I’m worried if I wrote down how many games I’ve beaten it would be like 30 and I would never truly be accepted as a gamer.

I own 2500+ games and have been like 8.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Did I ever actually beat Snake Rattle 'n' Roll...

Dude. Yeah.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I only do follow 4 follow.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

the "holy tromity" of shmups: jets n guns, raptor.call

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I keep losing track of which direction I'm facing when I'm playing Sekiro lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That's legitly the main reason I play it for 3 hours every 6 months.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

me too. they've been filming the sequel around here for the past couple of months

This is so stupid lfmao. Blonde bimbo witch FTW though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Maybe ill play Seth wish finally since it works in fresh supply

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. First time beating this legit without any mods or fixes. It's given me a much clearer picture of its strengths and weaknesses and in some ways I love the game more now for it. That said the final few quests are a complete drag and I'll need a break from this game for awhile before I come back to try Tribunal and Bloodmoon.

Dagoth Ur serenely poo poo talking you while you kill him kicks rear end.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mass Afflect.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You call that a huge rear end?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It’s well-textured, sure,

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

my rear end could fill two

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

I only played 2 and tried to gently caress Miranda but right on the cusp of it I disagreed with her in an argument with Jack and she wouldn’t forgive me. I eventually got max paragon points which lets you convince her to forgive you. But then in the loving section my Shepard just went to his bedroom and sadly pawed a picture of blue girl from 1

Lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My cousin's copy of Wheel of Fortune NES was jet black instead of the classic grey. I thought nothing of it until I powered it on and heard the theme song. It was hacked and downtuned by at least 40%. Ever since then I freak out like rainman whenever I hear it.

Lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fates of Ort — Hero of Ort mode (like a quirky hardcore mode with a good/special ending possibility) — about 12-20ish hours.

It’s a lot like old lovely isometric console RPG games but pretty cool. The idea of it is nothing happens unless you’re moving, attacking or casting a spell. You can also press a button to pass time. The game starts by giving you one of three elements and your progression is gated by a usually graceful mix of leveling up (every level you pick a new spell which might solve a puzzle), map coverage and side questing (you get key items that have multiple places to use them) and it seems like the replayability would come through random loot, discovering cheesy magic combinations (for example I beat the recurring final boss by surrounding him with turrents enchanted with a sleep hex, making him trivial every time after level 4), and seeing what sequences you can break/alter by using insane teleport tech and key item combos and whatever. Though while the game does some decent notetaking and cartography for you you may want a notebook of your own IRL if you plan to do another play through to see what else you can get away with.

The combat becomes way too easy eventually I found but it’s fun to see your concoctions pop off. It also has a pretty serious UI bug I encountered on two systems where every input prompt is replaced by the up DPad button but none of them work and you can do anything, which I thwarted by started another save file and then going back to the other one.

At the end of my game I had locked myself out of weapon/armor upgrades by instead giving a whole series of key items to someone else in exchange for other items that let me do other things. Besides being able to turn into essentially a god this is the coolest thing about the game. Someone watching me asked me “is it like Witcher three — where your choices matter??” which I made fun of them for but if in Witcher 3 you can give, say, a book about trollslaying back to its proper owner in exchange for a special flower that makes the GILF gently caress you, but you can never learn a special trick for harvesting troll pubes from an old recluse who wanted the book too, then yeah it’s like that.

I guess in summary if you want to play a chill souls/troid/hydlide-inspired iso action RPG whom’s throwback feel extends to being mostly a fun power fantasy where you beat the poo poo out of a game you’re too old to take honorably, here it is folks. An indie treasure I would recommend for 15 bucks. :cheerdoge:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also it has pretty sweet music and I like how it looks.

Here's 20 seconds of what it looks and sounds like, that I didn't screen for embarrassment, pretty late into the game.
https://clips.twitch.tv/GoldenBloodyGrassTF2John-b4pOlBcBNl-fIByi

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got really drunk and stoned and started playing TF2 right after beating it and the time-stop mechanic was still at the front of my mind even when I was laying in bed listening to some prank calls and during every pause I thought maybe it wouldn’t start playing again unless I shook my arms or something.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got direct hit by like 20 rockets because I stopped to calculate their trajectory.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Eldritch — first win (1 hour, 4 deaths), some ng+, level 4 of mountains of madness DLC

This game is cheap indie roguelike trash but I like how it looks, like Minecraft meets a PS1 game meets quake. It sounds ridiculous usually. Most monsters sigh like a depressed gamer, they make easily imitable gulping and hacking sounds, the worm enemy’s death and idle sounds is the same couple of monkey screeches overlaid. There’s a door opening sound effect that’s actually part of the Reznor-inspired soundtrack of the Dagon, not to be confused with either the door opening sound effect of you or a monster opening the door.

It’s way too easy the first time you play it and way too ugly and hard to read to tolerate how hard ng+ ramps up and pretty much forces you to be stealthy, which would be a little better if the map chunks were more varied or there was more variety in general.

The best thing about it is probably that jumping makes you move quick and there’s a power slide and crouch jumping which means you can have some exciting chases with things but the monsters are really stupid. They’re all pretty much pulled out of the mountains of madness, innsmouth stories, call of Cthulhu, and the Dream quest of unknown kadath, and they look like Quake monsters. My favorite is the penguins in the DLC.

You get a lot of moves that let you jump or build Minecraft blocks and moving around is again pretty cool but it doesn’t seem like it will get much cooler. The lack of variety in weapons and stuff really makes it hard for me to want to keep playing since I’m pretty sure I don’t have much more to look forward to than the first one showed off, besides enemies doing 2x damage and being more populous. I don’t think I recommend this turd, in light of all the other of this kind of indie turds there are. Unless that penguin really grabs ya like it did me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Tembo the Badass Elephant - 5 hours

This game is a lovely platformer that you die from it being so tedious. Avoid at all costs.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They should rebrand him as the based/cusp stumping elephamt

He’s the only cool thing about the game, but you can’t be that cool in the game because the levels suck huge rear end.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They put in a bunch of movement tech that a grown man could enjoy but every level and boss is keep the kid quiet tier tedious trash that makes you impatient.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Seethe as we like to say on the over-50.qanon and freedom convoy supporters of ranchp cucamonga facebook grou

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Demon Souls is highly based.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

“Finished” inside of John Romero’s of age, alive, consentual mom’s of age pussy last night.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

pog pogChamp widepeepocry :tb12:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

you should check out the mac version

lfmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Torna These Nuts.     

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

copy posted:

lol oh god

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Lmao that this is straight faced advice to read through the Before I Play Wiki so you know how to properly unlock the Bernie Ending.