Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

i still have to beat this one of these days. i think arkham city was just about the right amount for me, knight overdid it enough that i bounced off it.

Yeah, same. AC was solid, but I played AK too soon after, so I just bounced off it as well. I really should give it another crack though

EDIT: Anyway, time to start my list! (Halfway through Jan...)

1) Heavy Rain

Just finished this tonight. Not too bad, although I prefer Beyond: Two Souls, which I beat late last year. Worth playing still, although I guessed who the killer would be fairly early on.
In my playthrough Ethan completed all the tests, including murking that drug dealer in his own home. He and Madison got together and survived, as did Jayden, who arrested Mad Jack and knocked the killer into the meat grinder. (I mean, it gave me the option to save him, but who'd fall for that trick?) Lauren survived as well, plus Shaun did too. So it was a pretty happy ending for everyone really, aside from...well, you know who :v:

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jan 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne

Heyyy, nice! I should really replay MP2 - as you said, it's a fun game! It'd have to be my favourite too, although that might just be the nostalgia talking, since MP3 wasn't bad either.

EDIT:

ArfJason posted:

the slo mo ragdolls in mp2 are hilarious. bullet time is ridiculous in 2

haha yeah, you're not wrong! It was pretty crazy

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Vadun posted:

Hitman 1. Finally went back and dealt with Colorado, that level took me quite a while to get the hang of. The last level more than made up for it.

Do you have Hitman 2? Since if you play Colorado in that version, they added a load of bushes you can hide in IIRC, which weren't in Hitman 1/2016.
Either way though, congrats! Just in time for Hitman 3 to come out on Steam :D

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3

Went through the last mission this morning. SASO all the way through - so now that's out of the way, I'm gonna go through fifty more times, having fun with disguises and the like! Took under 10hrs according to Steam. Definitely felt shorter than the previous two games, but more Hitman is always good!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

yep, really excited for whats next: Metroid Prime Pinball!

Good luck and have fun, TLD! :D

hahaha yeah not gonna lie, that was my first thought too :D

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
3) Detroit: Become Human

Finally finished DHS after starting on it in Jan, then giving up on it for a while due to the frequent, frequent crashes. I think I ended up getting the best/most peaceful ending for everyone, overall.
Wasn't too bad, but I preferred Beyond: Two Souls, which I played late last year. And yeah, the crashes were a real pain. If you're gonna play this, I'd do it on console - apparently it's just the PC version that suffers from this issue.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
4) A Legionary's Life (x2 successful playthroughs)

oops! I accidentally forgot about this thread - although my lack of finished games this year has probably contributed to that, as I haven't finished much this year. So yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm only up to #4 at the moment (Well, unless you count X4 expansions/plotlines, but eh)

A Legionary's Life was pretty good. It's a roguelike, so dying is pretty easy, generally speaking. I got super lucky on my second playthrough though, and managed to survive to the end, albeit with a pretty low score. Some more playthroughs later and I decided to play very daringly, jumping into every fight I could get into. I got lucky throughout the whole game too, but by the last 1/4 I was pretty much unstoppable due to my high combat skills and lucky stat rolls at the start of the game.

Onto Armoured Commander II (another roguelike, but controlling a WW2 tank commander) and Sniper Ghost Warrior: Contracts 2 next! Hopefully my recent roguelike luck carries over to AC2 :D

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

herculon posted:

Sniper Elite 5. Pretty much the same game as the other four. I didn’t check out any of the online play. I’ll check that out now that I beat it.

I was wondering about this - does it actually introduce anything new, compared to SE4? If not, I might wait a while before eventually getting it on sale. I like sneaking and sniping, but I'm already in the middle of Sniper Ghost Warriors Contracts 2 after buying it in a sale, so I'm probably not gonna feel like more sniping for a while, after all this.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
5) Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2

Not bad, basically just more of the same snipey action that's in SGWC, just with a slightly longer name and more longer-range shooting, since you can now shoot enemies up to around 1300-1400m away. (IIRC SGWC just had up to 1000m as the very upper cap. Lots of 1km+ shooting in this one) Good fun, and about as long as the previous game. One gripe though, is that it always seemed like there was an "anti-drone tower" nearby whenever using the drone would actually be helpful, so I very rarely actually used the drat thing this time around.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
6) Armoured Commander II

This is a pretty good classic ASCII style roguelike, but with the twist that you're a tank commander in WW2. I've been trying Italian campaigns, and my latest attempt was successful! I finished the campaign earning the top award (medal for military valor, or something similar) and racked ip a lot of kills.
...also a lot of hospital time and tanks. Boy I went through a LOT of tanks! My commander was lucky enough to survive every time, however my driver (I use the lovely two man L6/40) typically ended up badly hurt or dead.

Also uh, the campaign I happened to complete was... the Italian invasion of Ukraine...so...yeah maybe just ignore that bit! :D But anyway, I'm starting a new campaign with the same character (basically just NG+ if your guy survives, since it's all random gen anyway) and the next campaign in line is...the advance to Stalingrad. Oh boy. (For comparison, the Ukraine campaign was hard - rated 8/10. Stalingrad is 10/10. Most of the British and US campaigns are a bunch easier, seeing as they actually have good tanks!)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Watch out for that sly dog Zhukov, Major!

Will do! o7
And I've got a good feeling about Stalingrad. I think ingame it's July 1942, so the weather isn't too bad out here. I reckon we can just push through and sort 'em out before Christmas! ...right? :D

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
drat, you're all wanting me to give Arkham Origins another go. I played some of AA and all of AC ages ago (I wasn't sold on the combat in AA, but as you guys already mentioned, AC seemed to perfect it) but stopped AO not long after starting, for some reason. I think it was a bit buggy back then. Is it still worth going back to? I remember people disliking it compared to the previous Arkham games

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

:D probably easier if you land the plane before playing :D

hahah a valid point! :D Congrats though Emmy! I never bothered 100%ing AA or AC, so you're miles ahead of me. I hope you enjoy AC - I liked it a lot more than AA personally, just due to the increased freedom of movement etc.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

tawal posted:

you can speed up the cart by kicking the ox

On one hand, drat I wish I'd known that, for getting through it quickly. On the other hand though... I'd probably feel too bad for the poor ox, to actually do it :v:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Aston posted:

12. A Plague Tale: Innocence

This was an alright puzzle-stealth kind of game - it felt a bit old fashioned following Hitman/Dishonored which allow you so much freedom and creativity in how you want to get around, as it's very linear and it felt like I was trying to find the predetermined route through each section. I liked the setting (Medieval France) and story well enough to finish it though, and it was free on GamePass.

Oh hey, I got this a few days ago in the Steam sale. If you happen to know, how long (roughly) did it take you to get through? Seems like an interesting setting, I agree - I figured it wouldn't be quite as smooth compared to Dishonored and the like though, as you said

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I played it last year and I think it took like 9-10 hours? I enjoyed it quite a bit

Nice! Thanks for that, good to know - sounds like I'll have to give it a go soon

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
4) A Legionary's Life
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT

Pretty fun game! Kinda reminds me of Gunpoint, but longer and harder. Very fun little game with some challenging levels - I'll probably come back to it now and again, just to blast away at some undead

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
4) A Legionary's Life
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT
8) Shadowrun: Hong Kong

Not a bad RPG! I played Shadowrun Returns ages back which never quite grabbed me, but SRHK was pretty fun to play. There's an extra/optional 'epilogue' campaign which I'll play later in the week (meant to be pretty short from what I gather) but other than that, I've done every mission available

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

21.2) Metal Gear Solid (BIG BOSS Rank)

WOW! I sure hope you've got some photographic evidence of this :D (really though, nice one!)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Take a look at the Game Club, Major.

Oh, right - I keep forgetting about the Club! :shobon: I should really join in, one of these days/months

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

got a trophy page with your name on it ready to go Major

tmfc posted:

get in there, major!!

Hmm yeah, I think I'll need to dip my toe in - MGS month seems like the perfect time, too! Can't go past a good stealth game. How are you all playing though, if you don't mind me asking? I know MGS1 can be played on PSX and I think I've still technically got my PS2 with MGS2+3 somewhere, but if there's a more convenient way that you're all playing, I'd love to hear it!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Same, after being extremely careful not to kill enemies to get the <25 kills trophy in MGS1, and not even getting it since continues don’t reset your kill count, I’ve just been cutting loose as catharsis

Wait, really?! Wow, that's harsh! drat. I've already gone through no-kill playthroughs in MGS2+3+4 years ago, so I don't think I'll even bother going non-lethal, once I get time to go back to MGS later in the week

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Frenz posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 -- did they really have to put the HR and legal people in the credits?

Heh, knowing HR and legal, they probably insisted on it! Hopefully their credits are a smaller font size though, haha :D

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
4) A Legionary's Life
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT
8) Shadowrun: Hong Kong + 'Shadows of Hong Kong' bonus campaign

Not sure if I should have SoHK in the same completion slot or not, but eh I'll lump it in. Wasn't too bad; maybe took eight hours? Finally done though - I'll take a break from Shadowrun to play something else. Hopefully I can get something MGS-related installed and get it done by EoM

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

tuo posted:

Did you play Dragonfall? IIRC you completed Returns and now Hong Kong. If you haven‘t played Dragonfall, please do as soon as you feel the urge to play a similar game again. A lot of gameplay mechanics from Returns were improved (basically similar to Hong Kong) but at the same time also has maybe the best storytelling of the three.

Also if you like Dragonfall, give the SNES Shadowrun a try. Similar vibes, and imo one of the best SNES rpgs.

Will do! I'm not sure why I jumped ahead to SRHK (Since that's the third one, I gather? I suppose it shouldn't matter too much though, given they're separate plots) but sure, I'll probably play Dragonfall a little later this year, while the knowledge on how to play the game is relatively fresh. Sounds like a plan to me!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

19.1) Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (Big Boss Rank)

Niiiice, congrats!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Raiden getting dunked on by snake about vamp is extremely ftw

haha oh man, I'd forgotten about that! :D

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Raiden is not cool. Iroquois Plisken is cool

Arrhythmia posted:

I don't think Raiden's cool, but I do think he's ftw.

These are both extremely true

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Frenz posted:

Control - this game is tight. I like how aggressive the AI is

Yeah, Control was real good. Looked great and played great - real fun. Loved throwing stuff around and shooting my weird block gun at monsters!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

haha perfect! :D

But yeah, I agree with Emmy on this - it would've been nice if you could get one of those perk/upgrades that lets you slowly regen HP when you use a slot on it. Since if the devs were concerned about balance, this way there would at least be a trade-off; you're getting slow HP regen so you don't need to rely solely on pickups, but on the other hand it'll mean that you don't get some variation of a damage/range/RoF upgrade, etc.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

57) Stray (all memories, all badges)

Nice! How long (roughly) does Stray take, if you don't mind me asking? I think I'll probably get it after it gets a slight discount, since I'm curious about it. Still have plenty to play at the moment so I'm not desperate for a new game, but it's certainly on my radar

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
MGS3 is so good. drat, I really wish they'd go back and port it over to PC

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
4) A Legionary's Life
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT
9) Gun Mute

Got 19/20 points/achievements for this one. Not sure which one I missed, but it was pretty cool for a little text-based game.
I waved at lots of people, made them uncomfortable, then shot some of 'em. Cool game! :D

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

man nurse posted:

I feel like the Dark Anthology trends upwards, I liked each new one better than the last. The Quarry is really good, too.

Oh I was wondering about The Quarry, as well as the older anthology they did. Is there a preferred entry point for the series, or can you just play any of them in any order?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
4) A Legionary's Life
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT
9) Gun Mute
10) A Plague Tale: Innocence

Not too bad at all! I'll probably play the sequel once it comes out, too. Albeit once it comes on sale anyway, as there's always a lot in my backlog that needs playing. The developers did a good job with the look and atmosphere of the game I think - same with the VAs too, like for Amicia and Hugo.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
4) A Legionary's Life
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT
9) Gun Mute
11) Hotline Miami

Finished Hotline Miami again, for the first time in ten years according to Steam. Still blisteringly fast at times, with a great soundtrack!

I think I'll move onto Arkham Knight next, seeing as some of you recommended it during the last sale

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 5, 2022

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
4) A Legionary's Life
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT
9) Gun Mute
11) Hotline Miami
12) Batman: Arkham Knight

Beat the main story, but I think I've had my fill now, so I doubt I'll get any of the numerous DLCs for the game. I think I'll take a break from Batman for a bit, before eventually tackling Batman Origins

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
4) A Legionary's Life
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT
9) Gun Mute
11) Hotline Miami
12) Batman: Arkham Knight
13) Intravenous

Got this for $7 (AUD, that is) and have had pretty good fun with it! Not a bad stealth game at all, really. The plot is pretty thin, but as far as actual gameplay though, it's a very satisfying stealth experience

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
ty garlic bread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

haha well, I suppose it's not hard for Christopher Robin to score 41 home runs, when his opposition consists of mere toys! :D