Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

1. dungeon encounters. 1-2
2. slay the spire. 1-3
3. kirby star allies. 1-9
4. steamworld dig. 1-10
5. wizards and warriors. 1-19
6. shovel knight pocket dungeon. 1-20
7. blaster master zero 2. 1-21
8. banjo-kazooie. 1-25
9. paper mario. 2-5
10. pocky and rocky 2. 2-7
11. great ace attorney chronicles. 2-21
12. super monkey ball: banana mania. 3-2
13. final fantasy x. 3-18
14. elden ring, age of stars ending. 4-14
15. tokimeki memorial: under the tree of legend. yuina route. 4-18. pure essence. 12-29.
16. hyrule warriors: age of calamity. 4-26
17. dark cloud. 5-23
18. breath of fire III. 5-31
19. super mario world - 96 exit. 6-2
20. astro boy: omega factor - rebirth. 6-17
21. pokemon snap
22. metal gear - "deer" rank. 7-9
23. metal gear - codename "zebra". 7-9
24. the looker. 7-11
25. metal gear solid - codename "hyena" - 7-12
26. mh rise: sunbreak - 8-10
27. xenoblade chronicles 3. 9-16
28. live a live remake. 10-5
29. tunic (true ending). 10-18
30. final fantasy 1. 10-27
31. resident evil 7. 10-28
32. demon's crest. 10-30
33. super mario land 2: six golden coins - all stages. 11-6
34. 13 sentinels: aegis rim. 11-10
35. wario land 4, normal. all cds, all treasures, kissed by a short haired princess. 11-14
36. super metroid, no ice beam, no grapple beam. 11-14
37. dragon quest. 11-18
38. new pokemon snap. 11-24
39. dragon quest 2. 12-1
40. dragon quest heroes: rocket slime. all slimes, ultimate tank master, defeated slival. 12-6

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

smart, you can never have too many

good point, reserved 2

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Second post on the second page.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

1. dungeon encounters, although i'm probably gonna 100% it. real cool throwback game, really well thought out. enjoyed it a lot

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Aston posted:

3. Rusty Lake series

I didn't want to post these all separately since they're only about an hour long each. Escape room puzzles with some incomprehensible lore layered over top, they're weird but I liked them.

three for three so far

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

got 100% in dungeon encounters nd beat slay the spire. well, killed the heart nd beat it with all the classes. obviously i'm gonna play it a bunch more

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I’m an adult, sorry. Ah’m the one who operated a successful YouTube channel. Me! GrEE!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mamkute posted:

1. The Ratchet and Clank Movie: The Game (Platinum Trophy)

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

i thought people wanted me to get to it because it was good, lol.

its got a lot of really cool ideas but also a bunch of translation problms that make it impossible to beat without havin a guide or at least some tips. i think its cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

deadly towers sucks but its at least interesting, theres like 80% of a good game in there and ll they needed to do was do some rebalancing and changes to fix it. i dont ever want to play it again but its got this rep for being a epically massive turd and there's way worse on the nes

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

i think the player/regular monster HP imbalance and the fact that you'd take forever wandering very long, samey, hidden dungeons to correct that problem without a guide make it actually bad. someone could probably make a playable romhack by changing a handful of variables, though. overall, it's 80 percent of a good game that's dragged down to turd level by a few major flaws.

oh no its definitely bad but like, it couldve been good. i feel like they rushed it out to compete wth zelda and if they'd given it another six months it could have been pretty good. id way rather play it than like hydlide though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Despite its negativity, Hydlide was one of the first action RPGs to hit Japan and although it hasn't aged well, it had a few mechanics that are used today. For instance, you are able to regenerate your health by standing still. Future games such as Halo (in the form of a regenerating energy shield, and later, also regenerating health) and Call of Duty would use this mechanic.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

b_d posted:

I hope you tortured him psychologically by engineering a situation in which he was about to have sex with a bunch of hot women before suddenly remembering he's married.

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

[1]Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup (PC) 1/6/22

one of the absolute best games ever made, and it's free. It's literally a perfect game. 10/10

hell yeah dude. now beat nethack

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

next up: Raid on Bungeling Bay

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

anyway, lode runner kicked rear end as a kid, theres no game exactly like it and the level editor was a real cool idea. they do some real cleaver stuff with a limited toolset

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

kirby: star allies. really fun game, kind of short but i liked it a lot. takin a break now bug may come back for the extra modes sometime soon

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Final Fantasy VII (original). My first time with the game, not counting a couple aborted attempts over the last few years that never got too far past leaving Midgar. I don’t have much FF experience (I played the 1+2 GBA ports way back in the day but don’t remember whether or not I beat either of them, and beat XV a couple years back, and I think that’s it) and this is such an iconic game that I figured I needed to play it at some point. I liked it a lot, the active battle thing took some getting used to but once it clicked with me I enjoyed it a lot, and I really liked most of the characters and the story. I totally understand why the game has the reputation that it does and its got me rally excited to play further in the series.

chuck...have you never played an ff

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Like I said, I’ve beaten XV and played 1 and 2 over half a lifetime ago but that’s it until now. I didn’t really get into JRPGs until the last few years so I’ve got a huge list of them I still need to get to

dude i'm so fuckin pumped for you. which one are you thinkin next

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I'm gonna suggest something a little different and say play FFT if you haven't, it counts

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Also Chuck if you’ve never played Chrono Trigger please play it immediately.

this and this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

this. the steam/iOS port is probably bad. the DS one is probably fine if you ignore the bonus dungeon but just go with the original. under no circumstances play the playstation version.

th playstation version gets the badass animated scenes though and iirc theres a patch to deal with the slowdown. but if theres not yeah the playstation version is hell

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

think I told this story but we moved over the pandemic and when we got to our house i searched facebook market and found a 32 inch sony wega CRT and when picking it up I caused like... thousands of dollars of damage to my girlfriends car trying to get it in the backseat. She got so pissed off lmfao. I bent the door, scratched the car and the seats got all hosed up, and the guy helping me carry it got a hernia. Overall it was worth it lol

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

steamworld dig. cute little game, worth the like buck i spent on it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

here's mine, gonna be adding stuff throughout the day

https://ggapp.io/Fungah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

I just use it to officially log the completed status of every game I beat, I don't bother with any of the other features like "currently playing" or "want to play".

The site is pretty sleek but it's also ever so slightly jank compared to something like Letterboxd which it's clearly emulating.

yeah im not gonna do all the status update stuff, just want to play, currenmtly playing, beat

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

Bicyclops entering hour five of adding every NES game to "Want to Play":

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, All Heart Pieces, Level 2 Sword Obtained - Great game that I hadn't played since I was a kid. This was the original Gameboy version on the Game&Watch and not the Switch remake. I had to look up where most of the heart pieces were because quite frankly, they were bullshit. The last couple of dungeons were tricky, especially level 8.

i didnt get all heart pieces for exactly that reason and i was doing it in bed so i didnt want to get my phone to look them up

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

*extremely calmly* died on th next to last hit of the last boss of the extended run of shovel knight puzzle dungeon. i'm goin to set this one down for a while, maybe come back to it in a couple years. maybe not.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

wizards & warriors. pretty fun game, think it holds up. theres some nes bullshit for sure but its still fun crawling around these huge levels

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

shovel knight pocket dungeon. fuckin a

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

blaster master zero 2. really good game except for the long eve section at the end, i'll need to get 3 when it goes on sale

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

i only played the first one which was pretty good. i saw demonius x stream the 3rd one and he said he could fap to several of the female characters so maybe ill get around to 2 and 3 to see what all the hubub is about

basically this

American McGay posted:

Watermelon boobs.

the games fun though. and some of the segments are pretty tough. ive got some small complaints (that awful part i kerp mentioning, its broken up into multiple maps with small levels but theres no way to tell whether youve gotten all the items from a map without checkin each level individually ehich makes endgame cleanup a pita, couple other things) but its fun overall, and the gameplay is good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

posting this here, since I just beat ME2 and lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLcl8jkbLXM

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

while seeing what games I beat in 2015 from the old threads, I found the video I was talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGVUsmCGwPU lmao

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

banjo kazooie. other than that the game was made ny a crack team of perverts to get kids in the epstien youth its good. last boss is a pain in the rear end though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My cousin's copy of Wheel of Fortune NES was jet black instead of the classic grey. I thought nothing of it until I powered it on and heard the theme song. It was hacked and downtuned by at least 40%. Ever since then I freak out like rainman whenever I hear it.

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I got direct hit by like 20 rockets because I stopped to calculate their trajectory.

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

not countin it until i beat 2 for chronicles but great ace attorney 1. man i can see why people were sayin this felt like half a game lol, this feels like its all setup. i've heard 2's where it gets real good though, so away we go

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

Every single case in part 2 is better than anything in part 1, although I did like case 3 and 5 in part 1. Part 2 has one of my favorite cases in the entire series, though.

i liked five in part 1 even though it went too long imo but three felt like half a case because it was just setup for five. just finished the first case for part 2 and its already a lot more fun. auchi ritually cutting his topknot and the ryutaro throw ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

3.Yakuza 5 94.04% completion

Absolute God tier game, right up there with yakuza 0 imo. the side stories and substories were all great, and it's cool the way all the stuff that all your characters do (even stuff like helping the chef guy, and hostesses) comes together at the end. even a lot of the mini games like the noodle chef thing were cool. shinada was a great addition and he has my favorite QTE in the series so far. great set of final boss fights, solid ending for all five playable characters. part of me wants to chase that last 6 percent, but my playclock says 140 hours - it's time to move on. probably won't finish downloading yakuza 6 before i have to go to bed, so i have something to look forward to tomorrow night.

i really fuckin love the ending to five. the entire tojo clan bowing down to akiyama, shinada runnin around getting things done while everyone tries to figure out who the gently caress he is, haruka telling the world that "kazuma kiryu is family". absolutely phenomenal