Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

1. CrossCode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

2. Metal Max Returns

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

3. Metal Max 3

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

4. Raging Loop

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

5. Omori

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

6. Pocky & Rocky Reshrined - Story Mode, Normal 1cc

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

7. Elden Ring

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

8. Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia - Normal, Norzaleo Kingdom

9. DRAINUS - Normal 1cc, no deaths

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

10. AI: The Somnium Files - Nirvana Initiative

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

11. Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

12. Milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk

13. Milk outside a bag of milk outside a bag of milk

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

14. Baroque (PS1)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

15. Earth Defense Force 6 (jp version)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Vadun posted:

Nice, how was it compared to 5?

It's great, gameplay is the best it's ever been. Nice QOL additions like progress being shared between offline and online. Ranger and wing diver get a third weapon slot just for grenades, deployables, and other tools, which lets them take the weird, novel poo poo on missions without having to sacrifice one of their 2 regular gun slots. Air raider is heavily drone based now which seems wild but I haven't played with them much. Fencer's...about the same I guess. Ton of fun new enemies on top of everything from 5 so they've got a lot of variety to work with. Wildly ambitious story for an edf game, from what I could follow. Some very cool, surprising stuff in there.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

16. Knightmare II: The Maze of Galious

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

18. Legacy of the Wizard (nes)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

19. NeverAwake

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

20. Legacy of the Wizard (MSX2)

Tried using OBS to record this one. Only a few embarrassing gently caress ups.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2AmME-r2XI

This version came out at around the same time as the NES port, but has some substantial differences. The obvious one is the lack of scrolling, but Lyll's area is completely different and a lot more interesting imo (even though I spent a while fighting with ladders there in the video). Some items are in easier to reach places but everything in stores is way more expensive. Had a lot of fun figuring out a route. One of the game's biggest strengths is how items can be found both out in the world and bought in stores. Gives you a kind of freedom in how you collect essential items that I haven't seen in any other game like it.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 2, 2022

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

21. Otogi: Myth of Demons

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

22. Astlibra Revision (100%, hard mode)

Incredible Ys-like, best game I played all year

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Evil Eagle posted:

like which ys

Since it's side-scrolling it's got the look of Ys 3 (original) but the way it plays reminds me more of Oath in Felghana or Origin. It does have the thing where you hit enemies to build up a bar for special moves from more recent Ys games, but no party system.

I didn't play the demo beforehand but I guess it has save carry over? If it doesn't start in english, language is the first thing in the options menu.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 25, 2022

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

23. Astlibra Mini Gaiden (hard mode)

It's a roguelike spinoff made from the first 5 chapters of the original freeware game. Doesn't play as smooth as Revision but the bones are the same so still a pretty good time. Unlocking everything gets too grindy at the end so I just beat the last boss and called it.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

24. Signalis (hard combat difficulty)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

my morning jackass posted:

this game looks cool, is it more thriller or horror?

Thriller with a horror theme maybe? It's like Resident Evil 1 or 2, you explore to find what you need for puzzles while managing your limited inventory and resources, avoiding enemies as much as possible. It has a spooky atmosphere but there aren't any scares.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

25. Octopath Traveler

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

26. Pentiment

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

27. Automaton Lung (100%)

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU