Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

1. Shin Megami Tensei V - Secret Ending

I was gearing up to get this under the wire for 2021 but didn't end up finishing until 1 am on New Years. Managed to beat Shiva on the last attack before I was going to lose after losing my entire party, it was great stuff. Loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

A couple years ago I found a 32 inch Trinitron on Craigslist and got my girlfriend to help me pick it up, we had an awful time getting it in the car and then getting it home and then the basement flooded and it got damaged before I could even use it. She was really mad lol

I had one of those and it burned out out of nowhere when I was in a 3rd story apartment and hauled that stupid thing down three flights of stairs, a shame really

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

https://ggapp.io/TokyoSexwale

I'm not likely to remember every game I've ever played, just the ones I've been recently/repeatedly enough to remember

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

American McGay posted:

Raptor is ftw as hell. Had a Windows 3.1 machine growing up so I lived off demo CDs of DOS games.

hell yeah, played so much Apogee/early Epic shareware that way

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

mbt posted:

I liked hocus pocus. I begged my parents for the full game and they bought me Mystic Towers instead lol.

I definitely remember having the full versions of hocus pocus, mystic towers, halloween harry/alien carnage and blake stone on cd-rom and I played a lot of all of them

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My cousin's copy of Wheel of Fortune NES was jet black instead of the classic grey. I thought nothing of it until I powered it on and heard the theme song. It was hacked and downtuned by at least 40%. Ever since then I freak out like rainman whenever I hear it.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Hyper Realistic SNES Pat Sajak annunciating "O.J. Simpson" perfectly.

lmao

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

i learned a little about Nasir since Square's first two games were basically just to show off what he could do with 3D. interesting guy. after this, he also worked on the first 3 final fantasy games (he did the secret puzzle mini game for ff1) and secret of mana, at which point he had enough money from royalties to retire, at the age of 36, and travel the world.

next up: Zanac

Supposedly he was an Apple IIe legend too before that, even Richard Garriott was impressed by him and Garriott's only ever really been impressed by himself.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

1. SMT V
2. FFV Pixel Remaster

Great game and great remaster, imo. It's been great to see these games get ports where the makers actually give a poo poo about the final product, and how it looks and sounds.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

1. SMT V
2. FFV Pixel Remaster
3. Trials of Mana (Switch port)

It was pretty cool seeing this game on a giant TV screen instead of emulated on a computer monitor. It always had some of my favourite art from the 16-bit era.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

goddamnit. we keep telling larry not to post in the gray forums!!

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

1. SMT V
2. FFV Pixel Remaster
4. Life Is Strange

A very different experience from the previous games I've played and beaten, but it was fantastic and I loved it. It's disappointing that the other games in the series don't sound quite as good so I don't think I'll be checking them out.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Before the Storm is a prequel and it holds up to the first one, not as good but a good follow up imo. Definitely worth playing for as much as you liked the first one. Can’t speak on the most recent one which I haven’t played yet but skipping 2 is a good call yeah

good to know, I'll definitely take a look when I'm done the ff6 remaster.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

1. SMT V
2. FFV Pixel Remaster
4. Life Is Strange
5. FFVI Pixel Remaster

Amazingly all six pixel remasters were worthwhile purchases even though I've played them all entirely too many times (except 3). The real star in 6 for me, was the music. All the songs improved.

I was a bit sad to see some of my favourite lines changed but I'd recommend this to anyone. Fantastic from start to finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

ArfJason posted:

Person 2.