Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's 2022! A brand new year of gaming lies ahead :toot:

GOTY results are approaching!

As is tradition everyone post your gamer resolutions

Mods plz add games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I resolve to play a shitload of games on game pass

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I finished 99 games in 2021 but for 2022 I am going to dial it back and focus on less games, but they will be titles I really care about.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Barudak posted:

I resolve to play a shitload of games on game pass

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
this year i will not play games

i will become games

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chloe Jessica posted:

this year i will not play games

i will become games

But Jessica, you are the Games

And Jessica was the games

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I'm gonna stream at least once

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i mostly just want to actually get around to stuff i own but keep putting off, my library's hundreds deep by now lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This year I will not take any extended breaks from gaming and I will post in all the chat threads :hai:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mix. posted:

i mostly just want to actually get around to stuff i own but keep putting off, my library's hundreds deep by now lol

:same:

Have a bunch of games I picked up that I simply have never gotten around to, and I feel like I'm finally in a position where I can play them. I mean, it's not like Hitman 3 and Elden Ring are coming out over the next couple of months so I should be safe to let down my guard for a brief second.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

This will finally be the year my backlog shrinks instead of growing.

(He says, lying.)

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Referee posted:

This will finally be the year my backlog shrinks instead of growing.

(He says, lying.)

:hmmyes:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

What the hell is a "backlog"?

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Completely ignoring my backlog and the new games I bought and just going back to playing Doom again. Going to try play through as many wads from the cacowards as I can

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have two miman left to find in SMTV and I have scoured every corner of the maps tthey8 supposed to be in and can't see them at all

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5PtyrewSs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wheres the games list?

How will I know what's out this month??

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sakurazuka posted:

Wheres the games list?

How will I know what's out this month??

Turns 2022 was actually the Year of No Games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Windjammers 2 and the open world Pokemon are the only ones that stand out to me

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Expeditions: Rome is out on the 20th. I liked Expeditions: Conquistador a lot. Didn't care for Expeditions: Vikings at all, only because I was already tired of vikings in general

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
every time i see the name Windjammers it makes me think of that time James Rolfe got a fan email that ended with "live like a windrammer as you gently caress"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Finally... my time to shine...

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I recently discovered Ctrl Alt Delete is still updating and it made me want to go to sleep

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
sometimes i think about the fact that Penny Arcade is old enough to vote *and* drink

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rarity posted:

Finally... my time to shine...

Please keep your shirt on and drinking to a minimum until after you finish tabulating the game of the year math

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Video games.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Psychonauts 2 is now officially the first game I've beaten in 2022, that was fun, now to decide if I want to go figment hunting or not and try for 100%.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I gave in and bought groove coaster wai wai party the other day, the rhythm game that has a bunch of anime songs, vtuber songs, and vocaloid and touhou songs (covered by vtubers). I resisted for awhile because in video it looks like the most basic rear end rhythm game you could play, but I was wrong... dead wrong. this is a game where, a ton of your score especially in the incredibly good online versus mode, comes from hidden notes that you just kinda have to feel out

so online becomes not only, how good are you at rhythm games but also, how well do you know this particular song. feels real good to absolutely destroy people because we were playing my favorite song and I knew where all the calls went. also multiplayer has a bunch of mario kart powerups and you truly know you have ascended to rhythm godhood when you can keep up even though someone has muted your music or hidden your notes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My resolution is to organize and sort through and possibly even play my board games. Nothing related to video games which is fine, just means not worrying about playing anything.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

This year I will finish my 3ds and vita backlogs, and complete the free trial of ff14.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The first game i am playing in 2022 is Desperado 3!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can do 1&2 while waiting in the queue for 3.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

What with the GPU shortage and all, my resolution is still a shameful 1080p

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Did my part to get more than 3 goons combined to play Road 96, Chorvs, Blue Reflection: Second Light and Life is Strange: True Colors in 2022.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
January 6 - Demon Gaze Extra [Switch, PS4]
January 12 - Monster Hunter Rise [Win]
January 13 - Astroneer [Switch]
January 14 - God of War: Sad Dad [PC]
January 20 - RPGolf Legends [Win, Switch, PS4, Xbone]
January 20 - Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction [Win, PS4, PS5, XBO, XS, Stadia]
January 20 - Windjammers 2 [ Switch, Win, PS4, PS5, XBO, XS, Stadia]
January 27 - Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX 2 [Switch, Win, PS4, PS5, XBO, XS]
January 28 - Pokémon Legends: Arceus [Switch]
January 28 - Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves [PS5]

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The first video game I'm going to play in 2022 will be Necromunda: Hired Gun

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Well, Radiant Silvergun and Neruovoider won't be on my 2022 lists, I'll tell you about 2022 so far

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I am going to play more shorter games and maybe stream some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

This is the year I actually start the first FFXIV expansion.

Hope folks have a good year!