Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

he knows people who cleaned up on prop bets

say hello to your mum Mrs. Propbets for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

EC10 posted:

say hello to your mum Mrs. Propbets for me

Weaker than Arsenals attack

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
*tips fedora* M’Bappe to Real Madrid in the summer confirmed.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

how bad is ramsey now that he couldn’t go somewhere better than scotland

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

jesus WEP posted:

I think he is just injured all the time? It sounds as though Juve are desperate to get all of their deadweight off their books.

This Aubameyang thing is very Odemwingie in a car park.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Going from the reaction under every Italian journalist post, seems like he’s become a bit of a lightning rod for complaints about largesse under an old regime, plus injury concerns.

Wouldn’t be getting him if he was fully fit and scoring 15 a season though.

jesus WEP posted:

You should check out where Scotland sit in the rankings now, a lot of good work means that they’re in the position Portugal were maybe 5 or 6 years ago. Investment’s obviously needed outside of the Old Firm but it’s still automatic group stage football this year for a lot of the teams, which’ll hopefully see improvements. Also brexit’s doing weird things to the market and how players are moving.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I’m hearing that Jesse Limgard is like a brand new signing ?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Would have taken Ramsey back at Arsenal tbh. He would have been good for depth over *checks notes* literally no one.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1488218275918098432?s=20&t=4RHOqqCBjOPJBS1OsnWN9g

We are doing a Watford and signing players from our owners other team.

This one seems like a cheap punt, good goalscoring record in the Belgian Pro League.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
looks like brentford went ahead and signed eriksen

I hope it goes well but man it feels like a really bad idea

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

jesus WEP posted:

The biggest issue this season is that Allegri returned and told him he’d have to sit right in front of the defenders if he wants a shot at playing, but he wouldn’t agree to that and was effectively frozen out.

He’s also been injured a lot (duh) and had a public feud with Juve’s medical staff, saying he wants Wales’s staff to deal with his issues instead.

Amazingly he seems to have passed his medical today.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

bewbies posted:

injuries aside is this legit? or was it more like he's just "not neymar" and so everything spiraled down from there

like could he still be a useful contributor on a CL-caliber team, or is he just not that good and barca made a very bad decision

iirc (and barca has a habit of burying players who don't toe their line via their affiliated press, so everything should be taken with salt), his contract was up at the end of this season and barca were willing to renew, but at New Barca prices rather than Party Barca prices

dembele's position is "gently caress you, pay me", so when he then got injured again barca just started openly talking about deregistering him for the remainder of the season so they could bring someone new in

*sprints directly to the big red Arsephone in the barca lair*

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
The Arse picked an interesting time to clear out all their deadwood. Pretty soon the only players that fall under the 'they still got that guy?' umbrella are gonna be Cedric and El Neny.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

They're making way for Jonny Howson.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

uh...sure

https://twitter.com/ColoradoRapids/status/1488233500016721923

Arsenal starting their own loan army??

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol aubameyang going to barca on a free

https://twitter.com/charles_watts/status/1488235041553534979?s=20&t=A-mjl-DRZpjsGo5oFJ_Sdw

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Gorn Myson posted:

They're making way for Jonny Howson.

nah, he's going to barca to link up with adama and braithwaite.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
colorado is kroenke's club as well. lol arsenal

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

He's on 300k/week and is being publicly frozen out the club, can't really complain about not getting a fee.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Barca are business genius’

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

This would be a dead exciting window if these names were all moving 3 years ago.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Getting rid of Auba's wages permanently is a fantastic deal. The guy has been awful for almost 12months. He had 2 goals in this last 10 games last season, continued that awful form into this season, and seemed to be quite unprofessional off the field. He should have never been given that 350k a week deal, or made captain, and Barca saved us from those terrible decisions.

The rest of the window for Arsenal has been atrocious, and I'd replace Edu by the summer. The amount of money the club has wasted since has come in is staggering.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
When does the actual window close? 6pm EST?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

fyallm posted:

When does the actual window close? 6pm EST?

2 hours from now

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Thank you for taking time out of your decision whether or not to return to F1 to answer me, Lewis Hamilton.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The transfer window is always open if you believe in it

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Trusty the process

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

fyallm posted:

Thank you for taking time out of your decision whether or not to return to F1 to answer me, Lewis Hamilton.

I am returning for next year and you can bold that.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

Getting rid of Auba's wages permanently is a fantastic deal.

Would be fantastic to use those wages on anyone, literally any human person

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

heard he’s reliable

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Done Deal

Aaron Ramsey to Rangers

https://twitter.com/rangersfc/status/1488263355211128832?s=21

Bloody hell. Our normal wage structure is maybe £30k / week top end, Juve have got to be paying 90%+

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
A pretty amusing January window, all told. The best in years!

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Something tells me Fabio Carvalho’s not going to get his physical in time.

EDIT: all sources I can see are indicating that the Carvalho transfer fell through. The clubs left it too late to complete all the necessary documents for a transfer and loan back.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 1, 2022

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Aubameyang's gonna bang them in for Barca because it was Arteta, and not Aubameyang, who was bad.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

blue footed boobie posted:

Aubameyang's gonna bang them in for Barca because it was Arteta, and not Aubameyang, who was bad.

Is he really a proper replacement for Britt Assombalonga in their whole "Boro 2017 attack" scheme?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Masonity posted:

Is he really a proper replacement for Britt Assombalonga in their whole "Boro 2017 attack" scheme?

Starts with an A and is a really long surname so close enough for Barca

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Masonity posted:

they're basically the same player

(overpaid, overhyped, completely loving washed)

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Funniest part about Arsenal seemingly being skint the past few years is how they’ve repeatedly (well, at least 2) given humongous contract renewals to their biggest players who promptly poo poo the bed with terrible attitude that becomes a huge millstone around the team’s neck until they belatedly dump them at a huge loss.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
The thing is, they must not actually be broke, because they made offers to spend big money on players like Vlahovic and Kulusevski. The players just didn’t want to go to Arsenal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

trem_two posted:

The thing is, they must not actually be broke, because they made offers to spend big money on players like Vlahovic and Kulusevski. The players just didn’t want to go to Arsenal.

Arsenal didn’t bit for Kulusevski. We are pretty well stocked on player who are not traditional #9s.

The Auba contract was a massive mistake, but this Barca deal is quite the get out of jail free card. He wasn’t going to play for us again, and we still owed him 25m in wages up until the next summer.