Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

blue footed boobie posted:

I hope Newcastle sign Aubameyang.

This is all I want for transfermass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
I'd love a double-swoop for Auba and Xhaka. Two proven winners there. Definite captain material!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

vyelkin posted:

Newcastle overpay for a bunch of new signings, get relegated anyway, all the new signings leave because their contracts had relegation release clauses

we have infinite money though

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

TheRat posted:

This is annoyingly sensible. Where's the Roque Santa Cruzes of the world?

25m for a 31 year old full back seems real dumb to me. He should help keep them up though, which is prolly all the Saudis care about

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

25m for a 31 year old full back seems real dumb to me. He should help keep them up though, which is prolly all the Saudis care about

25m for a top fullback in today's market when everyone knows the buyers are desperate and have infinite money?

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Also counts toward the homegrown quota so they can bring in more foreign fancy dans

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Jose posted:

we have infinite money though

What difference does it make if you are in the Championship

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

What difference does it make if you are in the Championship

If they are in it for the long run it's better to take one season down while buying well than alert everyone that you're buying their coutinhos, umtittis and dembeles out of desperation

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I'm sure there was a rumour floating around that the PL clubs had made a gentlemen's agreement not to sell to Newcastle, which if true would presumably mean that they'll have to go rummaging through the car boot sale that is Eastern Europe (note that Portugal is also in Eastern Europe)

Meanwhile everyone in Spain is trying to illegally mortgage 50 years of TV rights just to stay afloat, so the Trippier transfer just about works out on balance for them

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Lol Trippier really doing the Champions League to Championship story.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

CyberPingu posted:

Lol Trippier really doing the Champions League to Championship story.

I hope he's on Ronaldo wages fr.

Word on the street is the Doherty is going back to Wolves. I can't remember a single thing he's done for Spurs (which isn't saying much since the team ahs been abysmal for 18 months)

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

ItohRespectArmy posted:

fucks sake, what a piece of business that is.

here I was thinking boro were going to cruise it with so many teams in free fall.

It's fine, we've signed Aaron Connolly, who immediately after being announced, tagged himself at Gateshead Quayside on Instagram.

What could possibly go wrong

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Dell_Zincht posted:

It's fine, we've signed Aaron Connolly, who immediately after being announced, tagged himself at Gateshead Quayside on Instagram.

What could possibly go wrong

lol thats awesome

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this is far too sensible

https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/1478322470952349697?s=20

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/IFTVofficial/status/1478351536866701315?t=80enF1sQpnnJDgqLIsIDTg&s=19

Hell yeah

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Patterson to Everton is a Done Deal

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1478380686637678594?s=20

Rangers are apparently loaning NYCFC and USMNT defender James Sands with an option to buy, as well as doing something similar with Olsen from Bologna. Who are buying Ramsay from Aberdeen to pair him with Aaron Hickey.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Still can't really believe that they managed to pull that off.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

"We're going to make you the highest paid Italian player" is usually a very convincing argument.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Yeah, 300k per week to play in a joke league is not bad at all.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Jozy got a boatload of money to gently caress off too. What a world we live in.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
how does toronto FC have that much money

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
China, in a way

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

mila kunis posted:

They only pay one or two players real money. Lots of players make like 100k/year and some make less than that.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

mila kunis posted:

Syrup futures and moose knuckles

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

mila kunis posted:

MLS money isn't real.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

TFC is owned by MLSE, which owns the Maple Leafs, Argonauts, Raptors and Marlies. MLSE is owned by Bell and Rogers, the biggest telecoms in the country. They got billion$.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
As much as Trippier makes sense on paper I reckon the reality of swapping sunny Spain and a top european team for a freezing Tyneside relegation battle is going to hit harder than the inflated wages.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
My talksport brain is saying that there could be a concern about getting used to playing at prem speeds again since getting more time on the ball was presumably a factor in him moving away in the first place but he probably will have played against wingers in Spain. I don't know I haven't checked

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

He's also probably worked quite hard, playing Simeone and all that.

He must be on insane money and on a promise of a coaching job or something, he has played basically every game he's been available for Athletico. Surely one of the most successful English players in Europe as well

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
honestly hats off to Trippier for recognizing the rot at Tottenham and then fighting for a place and keeping it abroad

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Imagine how many questions he's going to get during the Spurs game. 'What's a trophy like?', 'Did it feel nice?'

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/1478750976597188611?s=20

Stevie absolutely pumping the poo poo out of those Liverpool connections. Huge if true

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/1478750976597188611?s=20

Stevie absolutely pumping the poo poo out of those Liverpool connections. Huge if true

Who wouldnt want to rescue barcelona from their self inflicted nose dive by snapping up one of their deadwood who's just spent the best part of a year out with a blown up knee. Oh and he's on stupid wages ofcourse.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Gerrards getting the gang back together.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

TheRat posted:

Who wouldnt want to rescue barcelona from their self inflicted nose dive by snapping up one of their deadwood who's just spent the best part of a year out with a blown up knee. Oh and he's on stupid wages ofcourse.

Didn't bother to read the article because reading is for squares but was wondering whether villa have agreed to pay the aforementioned silly wages in which case lol, or if barca are still being expected to pay most of them in which case lol

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Coutinho to villa would be insanely cool imo

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Announce Mbappe!!

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Gonna be some awesome songs

https://twitter.com/rangersfc/status/1478803512154804224?s=21

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

That shirt is terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Barry Shitpeas posted:

That shirt is terrible

The league got £1.6m in sponsorship a year; the shirt is like that so the club can actually lose slightly less make money.