Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013
I'm looking forward to more Barry. I watched it for the first time back in October and absolutely loved it. Also looking forward to Mayans season 4, since it has been so much better since Sutter got canned, and if I remember right Chucky is also supposed to come back this year, so that's gonna be awesome too. What I'm looking forward to most at the moment is probably the final season of Animal Kingdom. Started this show just before the second season and have absolutely loved it ever since.

I'm also gonna make myself sit down and watch What We Do in the Shadows. I loved the movie when I first saw it back in 2015, but for whatever reason I just haven't felt like starting the show yet.

Oh, and if Warrior comes back, that would be a highlight too, but last I checked wasn't it supposed to be 2023? I'd be more than happy to be wrong about that though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013
Finally got around to watching season two of Warrior. I enjoyed the hell out of it, but I'm glad I waited til recently to give it a watch. If I had live watched or binged it shortly after it ended, I'd have been bummed believing there wouldn't be anymore to come. Sucks there likely won't be anymore until next year, but hey, at least it's coming back. Hong is easily the most welcome addition to the cast for me.

Also watched Mayor of Kingstown, and I'll echo that it escalated very loving quickly in the last two episodes. Sometimes I do body counts for TV shows (I have no idea why, it's just a habit I got into, maybe I'm some kinda loving psycho, maybe I just like listing weird poo poo, I dunno) and I gave up on those last two and just wrote down "A bunch of people get shot."

I finally got around to watching the first season of Fargo after putting it off forever. Enjoyed the heck out of it, although much like the movie before it, I didn't really give a gently caress about the protagonists. Not that I disliked them, just found them kinda bland. Malvo and Lester were very entertaining though. How are the following seasons? I've not heard much but I've heard there comes a point where it becomes pretty "meh."

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013
So I've been sick with an ear infection for a bit, and whenever I get under the weather like this I watch things I've already seen. Just can't get into new stuff when I'm sick, dunno why, and I'm also planning on getting into some shows here shortly, so I figured I'd watch something I don't feel the need to continue watching and can just drop once I'm feeling better. So because of that, and possibly because the infection has spread to my brain and caused poor decision making skills, I decided I'd watch one of the good seasons of SOA, specifically the fourth one. It's pretty much the last genuinely good season and it turned out even better than I remembered, but holy gently caress that ending is aggressively stupid. Just completely undoes all the good will built up by the last thirteen episodes and not only never recovers, but takes a nose dive into the deep end of the sewer. They had a perfect ending right there but decided to cop out of it in the dumbest way possible so they could get three seasons of scripts that basically amount to GTA missions. Bouncing off of this into something better, dunno what yet but the ceiling ain't exactly high.

I did end up listening to some episodes of Theo Rossi and Kim Coates' podcast of the show because of that though, and it's surprisingly good. When I first heard of it I thought it was just gonna be them gushing about how great it was, and yeah there are moments of that early on but mostly it's just them talking about behind the scenes stuff and reminiscing about their time working on it. They're surprisingly frank in how they feel about the writing of the later seasons. At one point they even joke about renaming the show "Jesus Christ, is Everybody Whole" and I think in the same episode they comment on how ridiculous it is they always meet at the same barn. There's also an episode where they get Kenny Johnson on, and he tells a story that just reaffirms what a gigantic piece of poo poo drama queen Kurt Sutter is.