Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Haifisch posted:

Footrot Flats

Footrot Flats is mostly focused on the life of Dog on his master's farm in either New Zealand or Australia(I'm not sure if it's meant to be somewhere specific or just vaguely evocative of both). The strip is charming and funny, and also not afraid to show Dog eating the half-rotten corpse of a sheep.

I think it's explicitly New Zealand - Wal plays rugby (which tends to be a little more upper class in Australia), and talks about the All Blacks rather than the Wallabies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Vargo posted:

Was this ever actually confirmed as an official, in-canon thing, or was it just an excuse that we all made up that got colloquially adopted? And if it is the in-universe explanation, is it "like" a Big Brother, or was Dustin actually assigned this kid by the Big Brothers/Big Sisters organization?

As far as I know, there's no official agency relationship or even like, babysitting money. He just hangs out with this kid.

I think we're partly misremembering this strip:

and mostly misremembering some goon a few threads ago who was editing Dustin to be positive and affirming, which was frankly better use of the art.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Her boss started the side hustle for her and then sabotaged it so she would have exclusive use of their services, which is completely different to what was happening with her as an employee because reasons.

(I guess something like this would actually work as a tax hustle, assuming you were never audited).

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Giant Ethicist posted:

Uramachi Sakaba

And that, I fear, is all there is. Maruoka seems to have pivoted to writing another, more different, cyberpunk bar series in a web magazine behind a paywall - Uramachi Sakaba hasn't updated since last November. There are a couple of pre-Sakaba short comics to share, and one more that is maybe a bit much for this thread (lots of nudity, one tame-ish sex scene), but I might share behind spoilers anyway.

That was a fun strip, thank you for all the work!

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (November 17-19, 1938)

I'm more invested in this than any financial news.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Frazz is independently wealthy from some song he wrote, which is relevant to the strip approximately 0% of the time.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Kennel posted:

Into Ilves

I don't think it gets discussed much, but I'm very much enjoying Into Ilves as he roams through Finland helping people with domestic issues. It almost has a saga quality.

Thank you for the translation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Prince Valiant is an absolute joy.