Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Okay, with the introductions in order, let's shift focus to the people who truly make these threads: the people who make comic edits.

I'm kidding, it's actually the people who make the crazy effort of posting comics day after day, sometimes even translating them, holy cow! I love you guys for keeping me and many others entertained every day.

The edits are a lot of fun too though!

Kennel

me

LvK

Kennel

Me

Johnny Walker

Me

Me

Me

Me

Howard Beale

Powered Descent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Giant Ethicist posted:

Uramachi Sakaba

:allears:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

manero posted:

Nancy 1947

You are beautiful, no matter what they say

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm sure that, if Estelle tells Wilbur she doesn't want to get married (yet), he will be mature and rational about it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

The_Other posted:

Steeple: Clotted Crime Part 4 - Jason

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

I like the birds loving on her.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I hope Mary claws her way over the railing, soaking wet and hair full of seaweed, to convince Estelle she must marry Wilbur.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Giant Ethicist posted:

ChaCha Chako: New chapter, back to the "present"!

Has someone tapped Studio Ghibli for a Chako adaptation yet

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Aach!

You've mentioned that few people in the strip ever get named, is the boss's name ever given?

And Jesus, Mary Worth is going some places. Though that "everything is a reaction" quote smacks uncomfortably of a guilt complex for Estelle.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
He was my north, my south, my east and west,
My working week and my sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my all,
I thought that lols would last forever
I was right, lol

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
If Wilbur has to come back, I'm hoping first a big funeral with the works, then desert island arc where a Wilbur with hobo beard and maybe memory loss survives for months (without losing weight, somehow) before a glorious return to Worthopolis.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Decidedly weird, but I'm glad I'm here for it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

I really like Uramachi Sakuba, but it hits a pet peeve that I have with Japanese comics, I have seen it in 4 comics already - the crazy skin map one, the Dungeon Meshi, yakuza husband, and this one. Why don't they shut up about the food? "Hmmm it's so tasty" "wow they are just perfect!" who the f*** cares?!

It always makes me a little sad to see how basically any culture except generic western culture celebrates food and the sharing thereof. I wish that'd been my experience growing up.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hell yeh

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hwurmp posted:

I can't believe Wilbur's being isekai'd into an RPG world of sexy singing catgirls

"Aaargh! Naneko-chan, you have ruined my solo!"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Loving these

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

My Lovely Horse posted:

Vater und Sohn: The new mirror (37/1936)

My strong boi

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Julet Esqu posted:

Just kiiiissss. KIIIIISSSSSSSS!!

I'm printing out the page, folding it up so their faces touch :mad:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Doomykins posted:

*pulling back hammer on revolver*

I disagree.

lol

you broke my grill posted:

The captain has to think about ship liability first and foremost. "He ignored the sign!"

"The camera footage shows that he jumped because some selfish woman broke his heart. If I were her, I'd feel hella guilty for not marrying him."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Hath hath hath!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

why

won't

you

die

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
He'll be such an rear end in a top hat to the island animals that the gulls and turtles build him a raft to leave with.

edit: and like Lost's Hurley he will not lose weight

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I'm curious cause it looks cool, what's this a reference to?

Arbetor posted:

First thing that pops up in my head with any deserted island story:

I'd watch it.

Wilbur looks at his hand, it turns into a sandwich. He looks at his foot, it turns into a sandwich.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Thanks a lot for posting Jucika, Doomykins. It's one of my favorites from this thread and one I never skipped.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

curtadams posted:

Among the many literary and logical idiocies of the current Mary Worth storyline is that if there were an island close enough to Wilbur's jumping off point for him to *drift* there in 12 hours or so, wouldn't they search it? It couldn't be more than a few miles.

Can it be too small to show up on charts? I don't know, in my head it's just an outlier of the shores of Hades. Soon Wilbur will find a sandwich that's always just out of his reach.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Maybe he'll fall from the tree and die.

JethroMcB posted:

He'll fall from the tree and shatter his spine, have his face caved in by a coconut that follows him...and then we, and Wilbur, learn that Wilbur is a Highlander

Powered Descent posted:

I'll say he falls from the tree and breaks his leg, and only then notices the fallen coconuts scattered all over the ground that he could have just picked up in perfect safety.

Just lol, lmao if you think Wilbur can climb a tree high enough to hurt himself. lmfao, perhaps even.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Presto posted:

Wait, how's he going to get the coconut open?

That's another whole week of comics written.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Doomykins posted:

Jucika But Modern

I like how polite Spamton J. Spamton appears to be about inquiring about dominatrix services.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
:stare:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
"Don't give up hope! Cling tenaciously to unlikely chance, it's a much better way to grieve!"

Mary on a hot streak with advice lately.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Big twist: the island is owned by Mary

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Powered Descent posted:

What would the Funky Winkerbean band director say about Luann's disrespect of cheerleading?

*holding chin while mugging smugly* "looks like she could use a little good cheer!" *face collapses in an @ from smugging too much*

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

rannum posted:

Next Up: Wedding Blues!

Estelle: but Wilbur, we can't have a hazelnut wedding cake, you know I'm allergic!

Wilbur: *hic* thish weddingsh off! *falls off balcony, lands in a pile of money and sandwiches*

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I feel like Mary Worth's leading me with a carrot on a stick at this point, the carrot being Wilbur facing any kind of consequences for being a piece of poo poo. I presume the best to hope for now is that his brief adventure sobered him up enough to drop the wedding plans but I'm not expecting much. Instead, I'll focus on a comic that's great instead.

Giant Ethicist posted:

Uramachi Sakaba

Which is a good time to share this one-pager:

Which is an homage to a famous series of kids' books with images of kaiju:

Awesome

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

The_Other posted:

Steeple: Clotted Crime Part 4 - Jason

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

Hell yeh rev

I like the time appearing in the windows.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Tiggum posted:

I hope all those who criticised or complained are suitably ashamed of their words and deeds. :razz:

I mean, I don't know. Wilbur still isn't dead and buried beneath a colossal mound of rank feces and offal.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Synthbuttrange posted:

Mary shut up.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

mary this whole goddamn thing is your loving fault

:haibrower:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

*for the convenience of those who came in late!, here's Savarna sensuously lathering up her exotic curves

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

gently caress you, Mary Worth!

The motherfucker hasn't even apologized yet, you wretched old witch

edit: seriously, it's like Mary has a bet that Estelle's going to marry Wilbur. "Haha yeah he's such an rear end I agree but you are still gonna forgive him right??"

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Feb 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Doomykins posted:

Jucika "9 - Jucika at the Cinema"

:3: that's one solution