Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

How Wonderful! posted:

But when I find them, I really would like to get back into posting them?

Please do :) I've really enjoyed reading DTWOF and the social/political context you provide for the strips has been excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days November 21, 1957

Don't think I don't see that your/you're mixup, Beeman

In Luann I'm honestly hoping for a little wisdom fron Ms Phelps to Bernice. I think it will end up being along the lines of "let people figure out who they are and make their own mistakes" but what we all really want is "shut the gently caress up you smarmy sophomore psych major"

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days December 5, 1957

This strip ran til 1983. I cannot wait for Beeman in the late 1960s

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I see the Zits guys have been reading Moon Over June

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Lupin Forever 2022

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Alterian posted:

50 / 50 It cuts soon back to Wilbur in the water and he has a wacky adventure and learns something when suddenly he's woken up on one of the deck chairs where he passed out by Estelle and they both are more in love than ever.

Do not bring this potential evil into the world

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Everything about it is perfect. I feel like I had this experience even though I didn't. Lynda Barry is truly a master storyteller

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

For serious I got instantly mad that he has his hat on again. Maybe...maybe he'll take his hat off...

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

El Spamo posted:

oh god do that screaming cowboy next

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

If Wilbur wakes up on the deck of the ship with a bad hangover and this was all just his drunken dream I will poo poo an absolute brick

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

I never get tired of this strip. The attention to detail in these crowded scenes is magnificent

bottom left :ssh:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

LMAO that first NSFW is the perfect modern Jucika

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

What's bugging me about current FOOB is the timing. Michael was hella lost so surely it took him a while to get home after his phone call. Did Elly just not say anything to her husband in that time? No "oh Mike called he got terribly lost but he's on his way!" ? Did she not see or sense him working himself into a huge fit? I guess this gives Lynn a chance to set Elly up as Best Martyred Mom going to bat for her poor idiot child, so I shouldn't be that surprised.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I wish random foods visited my dwelling at night :(

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

April hanging out in her crib just singing and enjoying her toys is a mood though

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Crab Dad posted:

Kids start rebelling the second they figure out how to say "no". Usually that's there 2-3rd word after "Mommy" and "more".

The preceding strips went out of their way to show us April was feeling kind of grossed out after listening to a nursery rhyme about swallowing flies and spiders and other fun animals. Even Elly seems to get that April isn't hungry. But April's not going to be able to articulate that so she does the next best thing and gets the offending food out of her field of view.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I see Jules has been watching Yellowjackets

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

TegneHanne reading me for filth today

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

EBB posted:

Should have seen this dumb poo poo coming, they pair everybody off every storyline

Almost threw my phone across the room. Of course. Of loving course.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Giant Ethicist posted:

Night Visitors

:hmmyes:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

Someone enroll this gal in Euphoria high school

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Doomykins posted:

Jucika "78 - Jucika In The Deep Waters Of Lake Balaton"

Can someone Red and Rover this for me please?

e: right as I hit post it finally clicked :negative:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Don't let that stop you from turning it into the fuckbench of your fantasies!

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Rex Morgan keeps ending the strips on these uttetly grotesque closeups of the child and it's getting old

e: case in point^^^

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

What the hell is going on in Rae the Doe? I don't imagine this is being well received in actual newspapers

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Monya :kimchi:

Also I immediately thought the new bar comic was a prequel but I guess your comment at the end nixes that idea

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

from 1976, apparently. And the top result for "Micky Mouse phone" so I guess not very obscure, but I've never seen one before.

It can also be seen early on in A Goofy Movie! :eng101:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I think that's the old lady who sold her house and that's where Brad and TJ were living. Glad she's still alive I guess

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Oh my god put Crankshaft in assisted living already

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

EasyEW posted:

Our Boarding House (November 3-5, 1921)

Oh my god it's the predecessor of Petey Otterloop's HEENKY HONKY HOONKY

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Monya :qq:

I am also on the edge of my seat waiting to see what the weird cigs do to beefy beefcake bar lady

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Murdstone posted:

Pooch Cafe

Taking a fish to a seafood buffet seems like poor form

davidspackage posted:

Holy poo poo it looks like he's about to strangle her.

:pray:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Drakyn posted:

Here's the problem: there was a typo in the initial strip that slipped by the editors. Should be fixed now.

Please edit Bets's last line to it smells like Thai food TIA

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Trilobite posted:

I know how foolish it is to hope for things in Mary Worth, but my heart really, really wants this to be the lead-up to a storyline about Ian cheating on his wife with his ex-student. It would be the most soap-opera a soap-opera strip has been in, like, a century.

This is pretty much what I'm hoping for too.

I'm still not over that strip where she's peering at them through binoculars going "I SEE YOU!" absolute legend

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Also, please enjoy Georgia Dunn's take on B. Kliban for National Cartoonist's Day, I saw it and couldn't not post it:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I can't gently caress my boyfriend at leisure in the gently caress hut : ((((

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

i'm going to beat up qrais

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Does anyone have any historical context for this hairstyle? This is the second time it's been spoofed and I want to know if a) it or something like it existed and b) what it actually looked like irl

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

The use of Grimm's sneering smile on the paywall really makes this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

Ok this actually got a laugh out of me