Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Kit Walker posted:

You, an idiot: "it's bad that people are suffering"
Me, a genius: "it's good that some people are benefiting from other people suffering"

Notice also how the text even admits that it would be millions sharing the losses of thousands. It's not like the nation would die if each 1000 families helped 1 family to rebuild their home.

It's pure evil selfishness, and what makes it worse is that people like Asay pretend to be Christians. They want to ban birth control and abortion, which the religion takes no clear stance on, but will not give everything to help the poor, which Christianity is all about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Pants Donkey posted:

The final Ratman cartoons of 2021!

Dec 26th
[Stilted boomer voice] They do be shopping.

Dec 27th
Jesus christ the feet. Also they actually produce the product being sold, so as insufferable as some super celebrities can be at least they are actually making something instead of leeching off an executive spot.

Jan 1st
Weird that Ratman isn't acting like 2021 was worse than 2020.

Wouldn't Kim Kardashian be a CEO anyway?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

AtomikKrab posted:

Wouldn't Kim Kardashian be a CEO anyway?

Ratman is the sort of person who thinks that all CEOs built themselves up from nothing out of an abandoned shack and therefore deserve all the money they "earned."

Meanwhile, performers and the like just stand around and sing a few songs, bing bong so easy, why do they get so much money?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Pants Donkey posted:

Everything must come to an end. Here is a list of cartoonists that are no longer producing cartoons and the reason why.

Whatever happened to the I Drew This artist?

Also, I'm reasonably sure Kreider retired during the Obama years - dunking on Bush he was at his most productive.

Kit Walker posted:

You, an idiot: "your insurance policy is loving worthless, as your company will do everything to avoid paying out"
Me, a genius: "but at least they'll have to use a different excuse to make you pay even more for your worthless insurance!"

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 1, 2022

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I think Kreider quit because he was making $25 a cartoon and couldn’t justify the time he invested. I heard him maybe 8 years ago on an episode of Radiolab talking about a friend of his who had serious problems.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I AM GRANDO posted:

I think Kreider quit because he was making $25 a cartoon and couldn’t justify the time he invested. I heard him maybe 8 years ago on an episode of Radiolab talking about a friend of his who had serious problems.

That and he hated how mad he felt making them. Be nice if he still did non-political cartoons, though. Had a whole book of them but god knows what happened to it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
gently caress cops.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty posted:

I didn't get that on the first page this year, but that's okay.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Pants Donkey posted:

Jesus christ the feet. Also they actually produce the product being sold, so as insufferable as some super celebrities can be at least they are actually making something instead of leeching off an executive spot.

Not sure I agree with the bolded part, I mean a record or a movie or even a book is a collaborative process where the production company, publisher, distributors etc. have a huge role and there are lots of people involved besides the celebrity. Their earning model also tends to be more complex than a non-lawyer would understand. With the exception to those celebrities who also are CEO's of their own production companies.

But gently caress them all, does the rat think that "Country Girl" thinks that Kim Kardashian should be excluded from taxation and everything?

AND WHY ARE NONE OF YOUR EXAMPLES COUNTRY ARTISTS WHEN THE QUESTION COMES FROM "COUNTRY GIRL" FROM INDIANA, RAT???

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Zesty posted:

gently caress cops.

But use contraception or else we'll end up with more of the loving things.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I rarely post in the political cartoons thread, but it has given me hours of enjoyment over the years.

Thank you, political cargoons, for continuing this horrible tradition.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I can help with that

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

God I love the existential dread Collins is able to give his politicians even with such a "simple" art-style.

Skios posted:

Might want to add Don Asmussen to the obituary thread :smith:

Awww dammit :smith:

londonarbuckle
Feb 23, 2017

Pants Donkey posted:

Forgot to add Bors to the Boneyard (he retired).

Tom Toles also retired but I wouldn't blame anyone for not noticing or caring.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

londonarbuckle posted:

Tom Toles was pretty great, a real institution.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pants Donkey posted:

[*]Do reach out to people featured in this thread without extremely careful consideration.

I'm guessing that there's a "not" missing from this sentence. I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader which word it comes before.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Xander77 posted:

Whatever happened to the I Drew This artist?

D.C. Simpson moved on to/continued other comics, and to my knowledge her only major ongoing thing is a syndicated strip about a little girl and a unicorn. Tried to read it, found that it... existed, didn't really feel inspired to keep up with it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

londonarbuckle posted:

I liked Tom Toles but I did forget he retired. He retired in 2020 though.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

disposablewords posted:

D.C. Simpson moved on to/continued other comics, and to my knowledge her only major ongoing thing is a syndicated strip about a little girl and a unicorn. Tried to read it, found that it... existed, didn't really feel inspired to keep up with it.

Phoebe and her unicorn? I actually like that one, to each their own though.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Alright, added JRRose!, Delonas, and Toles to the Boneyard.

First two might be premature, but neither has produced a cartoon in about a year.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:
First batch of Sinfest comics for the new year! Welcome to 2022 everyone!

But what's this? The anthropomorphic 2021 plotline still hasn't wrapped up yet?

Place your bets now, how far into 2022 will 2021 get to live? My money is on this lasting until at least the beginning of February.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
JRRose is actively responding to comments on Barney Google and Snuffy Smith (which is still producing comics), so at a minimum he's not dead.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lisa Benson

Steve Breen

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

America sucks, and Biden is just trying to make the best of it.

Clay Jones

Henry Payne

It wouldn't surprise me if Payne was against seatbelt laws.

Marshall Ramsey

Tom Stiglich

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

So the demonic villains were the heroes who saved them? Every world controlling org had their power based in banners in some random prison? Mysteriously zombified America left to die by child mulching hover pickup? How long has Sinfest been this comprehensively internally incoherent

Also 2021 is still holding the wrong leg lol, just goes to how much the US favors its right

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 2, 2022

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Raised By Birds posted:

Marshall Ramsey

Good on a technical level but the joke was stolen by everyone who shared the news on social media

Lazy but at least I like what he was going for

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

DarklyDreaming posted:

Good on a technical level but the joke was stolen by everyone who shared the news on social media

Lazy but at least I like what he was going for

Looks more like Bea Arthur than Betty White.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

... did she die?

What was it?

Always has to be SA where I find out the news.

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..
So where do I go to see which pieces "won" the Kellies for 2021?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Republicans posted:

That and he hated how mad he felt making them.

A smarter person than us, I guess.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Whoooo, here’s to another year of vicious propaganda that tries but fails to be funny or clever!

Can’t wait for Garrison to decide that calling for lynching wasn’t radical enough

Can’t wait for the next plausibly deniably racist caricature from the McCoys

Can’t wait for Ted Rall to have half a good point and completely gently caress it up with bad art and narcissism

Maybe we’ll get to February before all those things happen

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

CK07 posted:

So where do I go to see which pieces "won" the Kellies for 2021?

Discendo Vox will make a thread/announcement whenever they're done compiling all the entries and doing all the other work involved in the process.

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..

the_steve posted:

Discendo Vox will make a thread/announcement whenever they're done compiling all the entries and doing all the other work involved in the process.

Wonderful, thank you for filling me in - I just didn't see anything between the end of the last thread and the start of this one, and I didn't want to miss out.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

CK07 posted:

Wonderful, thank you for filling me in - I just didn't see anything between the end of the last thread and the start of this one, and I didn't want to miss out.

I know in the past it's been at the end of the prior year, but I needed a bit of time to pull it together. It will happen much faster than the 2021 Kellies, as I have the materials and outlines in place.

I do need to ask for volunteers to help with the wiki sours transfer process; I never figured it out and the 2021 entries still need moving.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jan 2, 2022

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I AM GRANDO posted:

Who was the guy with a face that was like a combination of Neo in The Matrix, Duke Nukem, and Colonel Sanders? Was he the Loony Liberals guy?

That was R.P. Overmyer of Hollywood Dog.

R.I.P. Duke Neosanders

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I don't know who decreed that playing along with people who think Kelly is real is no longer funny but they are objectively incorrect.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Cheers to a new year of my favorite niche obsession, political cartoons.

Making my mother proud.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Here's to another year of this poo poo.

I AM GRANDO posted:

I heard him promoting his new essay book on NPR probably 3-4 years ago. Seems he is now, or at least was then, teaching college classes and writing essays. He seemed happy as he was talking about how he used to have an unconscious death wish, but was using the past tense. Shame if he isn't drawing anymore, even if making political cartoons themselves were killing his soul.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

I've lost the thread, who are we supposed to be rooting for? The faceless, facist guard in an illegal blacksite, or the literal zombie demons they are imprisoning?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
The demons are women, and therefore correct. All women are correct except when they've been mind controlled by men, which is the only reason anyone disagrees with Ishida ever, is mind control.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The demons are in the prison for Political Prisoners so it is to be inferred that they all rebelled against the New World Order and their crimes are all cool crimes like calling for trans genocide on social media or assaulting first responders.

E: we even see Chud Martha Kent wake up in a regular-rear end hospital bed with her husband visiting unsupervised, so it’s not like the people attending to her were secret nazis or anything.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jan 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Only registered members can see post attachments!