Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Treasurer Jim Chalmers is seeking a bipartisan review of the Reserve Bank of Australia. Reserve Bank review will scrutinise who sits on the board and whether their views should be more transparent (ABC).

Wilcox:

Scott Morrison said "we don't trust in governments" at a Pentecostal event held by the Perth church started by Margaret Court. Scott Morrison urges Perth churchgoers to put faith in God 'not governments' in mental health speech (ABC).

Lethbridge:

Warren Brown:

Former NSW deputy premier John Barilaro. Former staffer tells inquiry John Barilaro lined up New York role before his retirement (ABC).

Leak, Son of Leak:

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews apologises after IBAC investigation finds 'extensive misconduct' by Labor MPs (ABC).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The AOC thing is infuriating because the "JUST COMPLY WITH COPS" crowd is now mad that she complied with cops.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Guavanaut posted:

He just wants his own unintelligent attention, status, money, and power seekers in power.
AOC graduated cum laude from Boston University with a double major in international relations and economics. "Unintelligent"?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
His barometer for intelligence is one that has Donald Trump, Ben Garrison and anyone who pays him money to draw them as a galaxy brain at the top.

yeah AOC dumb as a brick by that measure, and no amount of degrees or competence will make her any smarter

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AOC graduated cum laude from Boston University with a double major in international relations and economics. "Unintelligent"?

But once she made a silly video for fun so clearly she's dumb.

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.
AOC also said the Nintendo 64 was the best game system when we all know the best was the Sega Saturn.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Walt Handelsman

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Kevin Necessary

Pedro X. Molina

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AOC is a bad shitlib now because reasons.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I like how fast Secret Service went from being willing to testify to whoops deleted some things we shouldn’t have!

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Pants Donkey posted:

Pat Cross isn’t done until some time in August, so suffer:

A gay marriage is incapable of flight. Why even get married at that point???
If you find yourself in a gay plane, the only thing you can do is get off.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I'm sorry... what?

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

rydiafan posted:

I'm sorry... what?

Apparently one of the costumed actors at the Sesame Place theme park in Philadelphia ignored two black children during a parade. The mother is calling for the actor to be fired.

Also I guessing this cartoon is referencing the beheading of John the Baptist for some reason.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

rydiafan posted:

I'm sorry... what?

https://nypost.com/2022/07/18/sesame-place-accused-of-racism-facing-backlash-over-viral-video/

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011

The_Other posted:

Apparently one of the costumed actors at the Sesame Place theme park in Philadelphia ignored two black children during a parade. The mother is calling for the actor to be fired.

Also I guessing this cartoon is referencing the beheading of John the Baptist for some reason.

It also happened on multiple occasions apparently.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/more-videos-emerge-showing-sesame-place-character-rosita-snubbing-other-black-kids-at-theme-park

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Good thing the bad guy was wearing the standard bad guy terrorist uniform it would suck if the only identifying feature that anyone could pick out was whoever is holding a gun.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
I don't know if I'm misreading this or missing some context, but is Pett insinuating that Griner is some kind of disgrace?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Good thing the bad guy was wearing the standard bad guy terrorist uniform it would suck if the only identifying feature that anyone could pick out was whoever is holding a gun.

Yeah, I love how all of these gunfuckers think that the world would operate on videogame rules. No friendly fire, everyone clearly labeled as the bad guy or good guy, only the bad guy gets hurt.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

the_steve posted:

Yeah, I love how all of these gunfuckers think that the world would operate on videogame rules. No friendly fire, everyone clearly labeled as the bad guy or good guy, only the bad guy gets hurt.

He had the drop on them, so he should've started blasting like on the first panel.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

in the second panel the masked guy hadn't even shot anything, they're just terrorising another innocent gun owner for protecting his face from the cold :(

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Time and time again we've got video evidence that "good guy with gun" doesn't work, it gets so loving tiresome that they insist it will.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

in the second panel the masked guy hadn't even shot anything, they're just terrorising another innocent gun owner for protecting his face from the cold :(
Yeah like at what point is it okay to kill the guy? If he has a gun? Everyone in this panel does too! If they're pointing it at someone? Well hey, now if anyone walks in and sees panel 2, they'll see three armed shooters they need to stop!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Oh those liberals, now they're trying to cancel our beloved Sesame Street characters. What terrible people.

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1542307235245735943
https://twitter.com/cbsnews/status/1457774829621317635
https://twitter.com/JudgeClayJ/status/1542310077914308608
https://twitter.com/oliviawilde/status/253669572530548736

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

And the fact that a lot of Starbucks stores are voting to unionize has nothing to do with a wave of closures, I'm sure.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

The supreme court is just trying to help the government function better :3:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Fighting Trousers posted:

And the fact that a lot of Starbucks stores are voting to unionize has nothing to do with a wave of closures, I'm sure.
It’s being closed by a crime wave, and unions are a crime so everything adds up.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
It's 100% union busting but I'm not at all surprised that conservatives are running with the lie that Starbucks closed stores because "crime."

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think the only explanation for pulling this talking point out of your rear end at this moment in time is that varvel legitimately has not heard of what happened in uvalde

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Well also the otherwise unremarkable 4 people dead in a mass shooting in a mall got some attention last week because the shooter was killed by a guy with a concealed carry, so people are talking about it.

The dozen other mass shootings this year with 4 deaths don't get as much attention for some reason.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

i think the only explanation for pulling this talking point out of your rear end at this moment in time is that varvel legitimately has not heard of what happened in uvalde

It's a reference to the Greenwood Mall shooting since Varvel used to be the cartoonist for the Indy Star, which is why he's mentioning it when everybody else has moved on. You know, the shooting stopped by someone with a gun....after a bunch of people had been shot and/or killed already because the shooter didn't dress up in a black balaclava with a black MASS SHOOTER shirt.

The debt gorilla is fortunately unharmed.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Here Gary, you poo poo.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

At first looking left to right this all looked geographically solid

Then the offset Washington Monument

And Jefferson Monument + reflecting pool in DuPont Circle

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Shut the gently caress up. Stantis finally takes a stand and it's "actually, repealing old, settled law that kept people safe and gave them bodily autonomy is good, because it'll uhhhh.... """"make congress do their job"""", which is a sentence that definitely means something."

Like oh now that we've repealed this law and further threatened women, which we only did altruistically to make the government function better, congress will no longer be able to faff about with whatever clown business they normally do. This case will spur them to act, and in so doing, I guess... establish a pattern they'll have to follow, promoting continued action in the future? It doesn't even make any loving sense and he gives no specifics, it's just this weird baseless claim that now they'll get off their asses and "do something", where here that something is to re-address already-settled law in a way that endangers women even more. Great!!!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Hmm. It seems like there's a political party that is, in fact, willing to do something about this and make Congress do their job, and one that isn't, as demonstrated by votes that have already happened in the House. I wonder which party is which? Who can say? Certainly the rabbit must be meant to represent the party that intends to do nothing, right?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah like at what point is it okay to kill the guy? If he has a gun? Everyone in this panel does too! If they're pointing it at someone? Well hey, now if anyone walks in and sees panel 2, they'll see three armed shooters they need to stop!

Judging by the mall shooting that was stopped by a good guy with a gun you can determine that your fellow patriot gun owner exercising his right of constitutional carry is actually a bad guy with a gun and shoot him after he shoots 1-4 people

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Dred Scott v. Sanford was just the Taney court telling the US Army it should actually do its job.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Tories brace for ‘blue on blue dogfight’ in last round of leadership race - Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss to face off after Penny Mordaunt is voted out, as party members prepare to pick PM

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak v Liz Truss – Freakish flames fail to grab attention of two would-be prime ministers"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

‘Hasta la vista, baby’ — Boris Johnson signs off at final PMQs

Evening Standard:

Bonus!
https://twitter.com/stephen_collins/status/1549780941257805831

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Stantis is a left-accelerationist now.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
IDK how you ever thought you'd be PM anywhere except a children's book where you're the villain mayor with a name like "Less trust'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

BIDEN DOESN’T HAVE CANCER. HE IS THE CANCER.

UPDATE: Biden has tested positive for covid with mild symptoms, interesting timing. Change of batter?

When Joe Biden prefaces his ramblings with the word ‘look,’ you can be sure he’s lying. If he ends a statement with the word ‘period,’ you can be sure he’s lying. If he says “It’s no joke,” then you can be sure whatever he’s saying is bogus.

Case in point, Dementia Joe claimed he got cancer from the oil industry. When he was a kid, he said there was an oily film on the family car! That’s how he got cancer. He used the present tense, but once again his statement was ‘walked back’ by his White House handlers. Turns out he was lying again. He once had some sort of minor sun-damaged skin issue, which may not even have been cancerous.

Joe is a con man who is prone to making up stuff on the fly and he has lied his way through life for many decades. Now like Al Gore before him, his job is to ring the ‘climate change’ alarm for his masters. Sure, the climate changes all the time. It’s called ‘weather.’ They’re now using changes in the weather to run their anti-human agenda against us while increasing their own power. They’ve done the same thing with the flu and cold viruses. What was once a endured as simple fact of life, coronaviruses are now painted as something equivalent to the Bubonic Plague. It’s about forcing dangerous vaccinations and useless masks on the populace, but mostly it’s about power.

The climate change bunk is being used to shut down our economy and hand over still more power to Big Government, which is in turn controlled by the globalists. They all have an anti-freedom and anti-human agenda. The scum at the top of the pyramid (they call themselves ‘the elite’), want to speed up their Agenda 30 and Biden is doing his part to help. Joe declared a climate ‘emergency’, and it will be used to speed up the destruction of America.

Biden doesn’t have cancer. He IS the cancer.

— Ben Garrison