Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game was the best?
Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
Ace Combat 2
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy
Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception
Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
SHOOT VISARI
View Results

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Calax posted:

Could we see multiplayer shenanigans?

Also, has somebody linked Maxor's incorrect summary of this yet? (Sorry Just found this thread and haven't browsed every page)

I should state for the record that I'm planning to do a multiplayer video at some point, I just took the rest of the summer and fall off after completing the LP because I needed a rest and wanted to celebrate my "retirement" by doing gently caress all. I'm also planning on doing a mod showcase video that's currently being held up by one last big mod that I'm waiting on to come out taking for loving ever to finish apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

nine-gear crow posted:

So now that the LP's over and I've had about a week to decompress, it's time, for anyone still milling around this thread, to start thinking about BONUS CONTENT!

:siren::siren::siren:What stuff that I haven't shown off yet would you like to see done in Ace Combat 7?:siren::siren::siren:

Please mark your requests in bold so that I won't skip over them while scrolling back through the thread.

can't wait for the AC-130 only playthrough.

that was a joke. maybe.

i've fallen behind on following the LP because i've actually been playing the game for the 3rd time, definitely looking forward to catching up someday! the write-ups on themes and stuff is insightful, i wish the games had managed to highlight those aspects more though there may only be so much you can do in an arcade flight sim.

looking forward to your LP's of project: wingman and assault horizon! :thumbsup:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

drkeiscool posted:

can't wait for the AC-130 only playthrough.

that was a joke. maybe.

i've fallen behind on following the LP because i've actually been playing the game for the 3rd time, definitely looking forward to catching up someday! the write-ups on themes and stuff is insightful, i wish the games had managed to highlight those aspects more though there may only be so much you can do in an arcade flight sim.

looking forward to your LP's of project: wingman and assault horizon! :thumbsup:

Well, not the write ups part, thank you for that, but still... uh...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So proud of my baby the F-22, racking up it's first ever combat kill

a balloon.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Trigger was the only one who could make that shot

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Stick with Trigger and you'll pop it.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

<< But any balloons shot down could land in civilian territory... >>

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

<<I dunno about you guys, but this mission has me in the mood for Chinese. Got my takeout menu right here.>>

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

One million balloons! Picture it! FLOTATION!!!

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Y'all are giving those guys a lot of credit for their blatant hacking. We've established in Safe Return that balloons can't be targeted by missiles, but clearly they had no respect for the mission design :argh:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I find it hilarious that it took nearly 20 years from the time it entered active service for the F-22 to score its first official kill. While other active modern fighters probably got their first one within their first decade of active service (F-35 excluded, mind).

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hwurmp posted:

One million balloons! Picture it! FLOTATION!!!

https://twitter.com/haonfest/status/1622042364008177665

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

I find it hilarious that it took nearly 20 years from the time it entered active service for the F-22 to score its first official kill. While other active modern fighters probably got their first one within their first decade of active service (F-35 excluded, mind).

Some planes are just late bloomers, don't make fun of it. :saddowns:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

Geemer posted:

Some planes are just late bloomers, don't make fun of it. :saddowns:

Also for what it's worth, the United States has not been in any active combat situations with an enemy nation with any active air power in over 20 years, so there's been no one for the F-22s to actually engage with. Afghanistan and the Taliban didn't have an air force, and Iraq's air force folded hilariously quickly in the opening days of the US's 2003 invasion before any F-22s were even air worhty. Basically every active shooting engagement by the US for the last 20 years has been air-to-ground attacks conducted by drones.

Truth be told, there's simply no one out there that the F-22 will ever actually engage in a real life dogfight with. The only serious enemies the United States has left are enemies it will never, god willing, realistically enter a shooting war with because the ICBMs will start flying and we'll all be dead long before an F-22 ever gets within missile or gun rage of an Su-57 or J-20.

So yeah, let the drat thing shoot down harmless balloons because it will never ever score an actual real life kill.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Feb 6, 2023

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

It's odd for me to consider perspective. That balloon was at 60k feet, and the thing under it was the size of two or three school busses busses.

Although it is funny that the Air Forces official website lists the operational ceiling for the f22 at "above 50 thousand feet". So... did we just get a peek at just how high that sumbitch can go?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Can't wait for the South American spin-off DLC.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Calax posted:

It's odd for me to consider perspective. That balloon was at 60k feet, and the thing under it was the size of two or three school busses busses.

Although it is funny that the Air Forces official website lists the operational ceiling for the f22 at "above 50 thousand feet". So... did we just get a peek at just how high that sumbitch can go?

I think one of the mission profiles originally floated was chasing spy planes. So it might be theoretically safe up to a fair bit higher than that. Probably not an ideal combat environment in the thin atmosphere though.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I guess F-22 kills are like the four minute mile.

*edit*

Yes, definitely.

Arbite fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 12, 2023

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Three kills in one week, two of them probably aliens. Impressive, Mobius 1.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

And all because Skyeye changed some filter settings.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just 17 years to Electrosphere.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1624880655807967232

Only one more and we've got our first ace since the Ghost of Kyiv!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Although in this case an F-16 and not an F-22 was used.
Feels like someone got their airplane progression wrong.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They obviously wanted a specific cheevo.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

goatface posted:

They obviously wanted a specific cheevo.

We'll know for sure when the next one goes down to a Saber or Starfighter

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Send a letter to congress demanding the next one gets shot down by a fishbed.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

UAP over the Brooklyn Bridge, February 14, 2023 (AP)

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWEFditK_yA

also, i'm glad the plane that shot down those balloons made a safe return

drkeiscool fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 16, 2023

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkvtKdv_jMA

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Time to dance with the angels

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Time to dance with the angels
Correction: Time to dance with the ravens.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
It's just an LP, 621.

Get it done.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
You could probably just grab any previously recorded episode of one of your other Ace Combat LP's, rename it, reupload it, and half of us wouldn't notice the difference.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

hooooly poo poo is this what i think this is??? is this tha motherfucking for real White Knight chronicles PSP game?!?!?! i am now gping to click this link and watch what based on replies can only be a game about giant gently caress off robots being piloted by absolute buffoons!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

AradoBalanga posted:

Correction: Time to dance with the ravens.

rave with the ravens

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
There is unfortunately no standout probation-pocalypse worthy meme in Fires of Rubicon like there are in Ace Combat games.

There WILL be plenty of room for other dumb batshit stuff to make the thread go insane, I will say that much up front :eng101:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

There is unfortunately no standout probation-pocalypse worthy meme in Fires of Rubicon like there are in Ace Combat games.

There WILL be plenty of room for other dumb batshit stuff to make the thread go insane, I will say that much up front :eng101:

Not gonna start up a sewing club, then?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
upon review that is clearly not wkc PSP... crow, are there any leonardtype characters in your robot game

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sally posted:

upon review that is clearly not wkc PSP... crow, are there any leonardtype characters in your robot game

G5 Iguazu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Allow me to introduce you to G5 Iguazu