Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Gamers can be any age. This kind of discrimination has no place in the imp zone. Reflect on your hater ways and perish, troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I beat the minotaur in Megami Tensei and the next map is already giving me brain damage. Good luck to my goals.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

Oh yeah. I wanna make a Doom map this year. sit down with some of the best doom wads, see what makes a cool map and give it a shot myself.

Gaming Goal: Completed

Welcome to Nukeway Temple

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

nice

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

ok for real this time I'm going to get the Grand Master grade in Tetris the Grand Master 2: The Absolute PLUS. This year i will survive the invisible credit roll

Achieved

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

gently caress yeah

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Congratulations

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Congrats. Its going to be hard for you to ever top this lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Nice

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

god drat that's sick gg

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mbt posted:

Congrats. Its going to be hard for you to ever top this lol

yeah but theres still more to go. I can still get the orange line Gm from getting 32 lines in the credit roll, and I can always go faster

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

:cheerdoge:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

mycophobia posted:

yeah but theres still more to go. I can still get the orange line Gm from getting 32 lines in the credit roll, and I can always go faster

:prepop:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

nicely done drat

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
ty ty

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

based myco

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

gamer

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

herculon posted:

Congratulations

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Congrats

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

• Metroid Dread (beat on January 4)
  • Finish the Yakuza series:
  • Yakuza 5 (beat on February 1)
  • Yakuza 6 (beat on March 18th)
  • Judgement
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon
  • Lost Judgement
  • Final Fantasy 6 Remaster
  • Kirby: Forgotten Land (added)
  • Live a Live (added)
  • Dragon Quest 11
  • Somehow play Elden Ring slowly enough that I can still achieve all the goals above
    (Probably will have some new games to add here)
    Stretch goals:
  • SMT V
  • finish THPS1&2
  • Finish FF7 Remake Hard mode

2 out of 5 Yakuza games down. I still think this list is achievable, although DQ11 is probably going to bleed into next year, plus Elden Ring, so I won't hit my stretch goals.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I spent all of last June unemployed playing DQ11 for 8-14 hours a day and still haven’t 100%d it, I think I did everything possible except kill the final ultimate postgame boss the Timewyrm

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Late reply but badass

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I spent all of last June unemployed playing DQ11 for 8-14 hours a day and still haven’t 100%d it, I think I did everything possible except kill the final ultimate postgame boss the Timewyrm

yeah, I know it's going to devour my gaming time. also I started to burn out a little when I walked down the same streets of kamurocho that I now know better than my own neighborhood and have been devoting all my video game time to Elden Ring, so slight hiccup

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EARLY Q2 CHECK-IN

super monkey ball: banana mania
final fantasy x
final fantasy x-2
final fantasy xii
wonderful 101
catherine full body
great ace attorney chronicles
daemon x machina
kirby star allies
hyrule warriors age of calamity
metal gear rising
lightning returns
smt5
witcher 3
resident evil 2
resident evil 3
tony hawk remaster
kingdom cum deliverance
fist of the north star lost paradise
nier: replicant
resident evil vii
paper mario
banjo kazooie
oxenfree
medium-naut
monster rancher 1+2
shovel knight pocket dungeon
steamworld dig
deedlit
saga scarlet graces
star ocean remake
divinity os 2
blaster master zero 2
ys 8
pathologic 2
control
hitman 2
hitman 3
odin sphere leifthrasir
trails of cold steel 1
trails in the sky
ys oath in felghana
suikoden
suikoden II
wild arms
breath of fire 3
breath of fire 4

wanted to beat: 24
currently beat: 9

on pace to meet my goal but i gotta concentrate more on old stuff. i'm workin on bof3, hyrule warriors, and i think i'm about ready to beat medium-naut

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i am probably going to fail my goals this year because i started a new job and didn't anticipate getting sucked into elden ring. still going to try, though. i just gotta beat 3 yakuza games, kirby, some old JRPGs and, here's the big one, dragon quest xi

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Yakuza 5-7 - beat 5 and 6, will probably be playing 7 for the rest of my life.
Final Fantasy 12, 7R - put maybe 20 hours into 12 and then it left Gamepass, waiting for a sale because I liked it but not full price liked it.
Romancing SaGa 2 - I think I got a little farther? This game stresses me the gently caress out.
Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei - still wandering aimlessly in Sky City. The random encounters are way harder and I don't want to grind anymore.
Atlantis no Nazo - lol

Also currently playing Dragon Warrior VII, Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth, and King Dugan's Dungeon, as well as eyeing Sekiro, Tunic, and Nobody Saves the World, so I sure hosed up.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic posted:

gonns make this year a mix of finishing games i started, and striking titles off the backlog. highly doubt i'll get to everything but if i can, bonus.
  • Ace Attorney: Justice For All + Trials and Tribulations
  • Deus Ex
  • Disco Elysium
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Crimson Flower + Silver Snow routes
  • Metroid Dread
  • Mother 3
  • Nier Replicant
  • Pokemon: Shining Pearl
  • Persona 4
  • Silent Hill 2
  • The Stanley Parable
  • Warioware: Get It Together!
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Yakuza 0
  • Yume Nikki

i've grinded to standstill thanks to a few reasons, but i think i'll have more free time to game closer to summer so hopefully i can buckle down then. likely not going to get to everything at this point but there's always 2023

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
loving absurd thinking I could have made a goal in the year Elden Ring came out. I've only played it since it came out and I'm, maybe, halfway through. Good god.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would guess about 2/3rds of my entire gaming time this year has been spent playing doom or making doom maps. So I think my goal was deeply successful. Maybe I'll start working on my 0 hour Steam Log once I finish the map Im currently working on, but I also downloaded Doom 64 and Doom 3 so gently caress it.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I forgot what my gaming goal is or if I said one. Cheers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

im going to definitely get that Mini Crown Crystalbeard in MHGU this year. that and i went through my steam library this week and marked everything with 0 hours played, i want to at least boot them all up and check them out, even the most bargain bin looking indie trash that i accidentally bought from a humble bundle in 2015.

In Training posted:

Oh yeah. I wanna make a Doom map this year. sit down with some of the best doom wads, see what makes a cool map and give it a shot myself.

Bump as fall approaches for a Gaming Goals check-in. The steam backlog thing didn't go very far after I booted up 3 different games in a row that all turned out to be online versus tower defense games.

My Doom goal I'm considered Obliterated. I wound up playing 306 levels this year so far, made 7 myself and am currently working on another one. I've become a Doomhead for life.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

Bump as fall approaches for a Gaming Goals check-in. The steam backlog thing didn't go very far after I booted up 3 different games in a row that all turned out to be online versus tower defense games.

My Doom goal I'm considered Obliterated. I wound up playing 306 levels this year so far, made 7 myself and am currently working on another one. I've become a Doomhead for life.

This is cool. Watching you get hooked on doom has been fun

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I’m going to beat the max ascension or whatever in one of these indie treasures. Right now I’m leaning toward Astronarch.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
As my gaming goal for the year Im gonna patiently accrue compound interest to get the next rerelease of last of us 1 for free

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

As my gaming goal for the year Im gonna patiently accrue compound interest to get the next rerelease of last of us 1 for free

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ArfJason posted:

Lmfao

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

ArfJason posted:

o7

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ArfJason posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I am going to clear every boss on radiant in hollow knight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

Lol