Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

ArfJason posted:

As my gaming goal for the year Im gonna patiently accrue compound interest to get the next rerelease of last of us 1 for free

Godspeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

welcome posted:

Yakuza 5-7 - beat 5 and 6, will probably be playing 7 for the rest of my life.
Final Fantasy 12, 7R - put maybe 20 hours into 12 and then it left Gamepass, waiting for a sale because I liked it but not full price liked it.
Romancing SaGa 2 - I think I got a little farther? This game stresses me the gently caress out.
Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei - still wandering aimlessly in Sky City. The random encounters are way harder and I don't want to grind anymore.
Atlantis no Nazo - lol

Also currently playing Dragon Warrior VII, Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth, and King Dugan's Dungeon, as well as eyeing Sekiro, Tunic, and Nobody Saves the World, so I sure hosed up.

Beat Yakuza 7 and Final Fantasy Remake 7 but am still playing non goal Dragon Warrior 7. Rip goals.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

1. Finally beat Morrowind. I've been playing this game off and on for half my life and have probably put a quadruple-digit number of hours into it and still never actually finished the main story. It's finally time to correct that.

2. Finish the Dragon Quest series. In the last couple years I played 1-5 but about halfway through last year I got distracted by other games partway through 6. Finish 6 through 9 and 11S.

3. The recent replay of Alan Wake has me wanting to do a run through a bunch of Remedy games: Alan Wake's American Nightmare (in progress, will probably finish tonight or tomorrow since it's apparently only a few hours long), Max Payne 1-3, Quantum Break, and Control and it's DLCs

4. Do each Total War campaign since Shogun II: When I say "every campaign" I just mean like doing the main campaign of Rome II as one faction, then the Gallic Wars expansion as one faction, etc., not every faction campaign. I love the Total War games and buy them all and the expansions as they come out but I have a habit of just dabbling a bit in each campaign and restarting instead of actually finishing them.

For a less specific goal, I also want to generally focus on JRPGs again like last year. I'm taking a break from standard turn-based JRPGs for now to avoid burnout after playing 4 mainline SMT games and Persona 5 Royal back-to-back for the whole second half of last year, but I'll get back to them eventually--in addition to Dragon Quest as mentioned above, I also want to do a bunch of the SMT spinoffs on the 3DS, the Final Fantasy series, and Etrian Odyssey, to name a few specific ones. I might do some that aren't traditional turn-based like Ni No Kuni or Tales of Arise or something while I'm taking a break too.

Not a single one so far :sweatdrop: The Remedy and maybe Total War goals shouldn't be too hard if I focus on them and maybe Morrowind too--I don't want to just rush through Morrowind for the sake of the goal though so who knows how long it will actually take me. Dragon Quest feels like a pipe dream though, mainly because of how long 7 and 11 are supposed to be. I think next year I'm going to make more general goals and not just a list of specific games to beat.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

ArfJason posted:

As my gaming goal for the year Im gonna patiently accrue compound interest to get the next rerelease of last of us 1 for free

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic posted:

gonns make this year a mix of finishing games i started, and striking titles off the backlog. highly doubt i'll get to everything but if i can, bonus.
  • Ace Attorney: Justice For All + Trials and Tribulations
  • Deus Ex
  • Disco Elysium
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Crimson Flower + Silver Snow routes
  • Metroid Dread
  • Mother 3
  • Nier Replicant
  • Pokemon: Shining Pearl
  • Persona 4
  • Silent Hill 2
  • The Stanley Parable
  • Warioware: Get It Together!
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Yakuza 0
  • Yume Nikki

haha, uhhhh, gently caress

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ArfJason posted:

lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

symbolic posted:

haha, uhhhh, gently caress

lol i remember i talked about plying gradius and i beat probably only one of them and the rest were so full of bullshit i abandoned the idea after playing like 4 of them. at least i did get to play stuff like metal black and darius gaiden

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ArfJason posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

I am going to clear every boss on radiant in hollow knight

Markoth on radiant is going to give me an aneurysm

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
My goal for the rest of the year is to beat a bunch of Castlevania games I never played before. Bloodlines, Rondo, Circle of the Moon, Aria, etc. I probably won't finish them all but I'm gonna try.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Vadun posted:

1) Beat a Dungeoncrawler
2) Hit max level in Tomenet
3) Win a 5+ rune game in DCSS
4) Beat 2+ games for every 1 new game I buy
5) Get my Trophy Completion percentage up to at least 40%
6) Finish the arcade cabinet that's been in my garage for 3 years, that was supposed to be a birthday gift to me.
7) Have less than 25% of my completed games this year be open world games

Just finished number 5, and 4 and 7 seem to be on track. No real progress on the others, haven't even picked out a Dungeoncrawl to focus on.

The latest Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup tournament just finished up and I couldn't manage a win, let alone get more than 2 runes, and Tomenet continues to destroy me once I get to level 30 or so. Those aren't looking too promising.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

MeatwadIsGod posted:

My goal for the rest of the year is to beat a bunch of Castlevania games I never played before. Bloodlines, Rondo, Circle of the Moon, Aria, etc. I probably won't finish them all but I'm gonna try.

check out castlevania chronicles on psx or ps3

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Frenz posted:

check out castlevania chronicles on psx or ps3

I've only played 1, 3, 4, and SOTN so this is part of what makes Castlevania confusing lol. Like drat there's another remake of 1? Then there's Rondo vs. Dracula X vs. Dracula X Chronicles, etc. I'll dust off the PS3 because I think buying from the store app on the console is the only option nowadays.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Castlevania Chronicles is cool

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Castlevania Chronicles is cool

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Castlevania 2 for the Game Boy is very good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

herculon posted:

Castlevania 2 for the Game Boy is very good

Yeah, also the remake/reimagining of the first GB game on WiiWare is really good too

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I've only played 1, 3, 4, and SOTN so this is part of what makes Castlevania confusing lol. Like drat there's another remake of 1? Then there's Rondo vs. Dracula X vs. Dracula X Chronicles, etc. I'll dust off the PS3 because I think buying from the store app on the console is the only option nowadays.

Yeah it's sick. It's a re-release of the sharp X68000 castlevania so it's anotehr 16-bit take on castlevania. They added a new "arrange mode" that has no knockback and difficulty settings which affect damage done/taken I guess? The "original mode" is the X68000 game with knockback and you die in 4 hits. It's similar to castlevania III in difficulty

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Vadun posted:

Just finished number 5, and 4 and 7 seem to be on track. No real progress on the others, haven't even picked out a Dungeoncrawl to focus on.

The latest Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup tournament just finished up and I couldn't manage a win, let alone get more than 2 runes, and Tomenet continues to destroy me once I get to level 30 or so. Those aren't looking too promising.

Feature in the newest release I missed that's very cool: the description for weapons includes a calculation of your weapon skills, the weapon's enchantment, base damage, and your strength to give you an idea of how much damage it does per hit.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bob voice: R of Blood normal voice: is loving hype.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Frenz posted:

Yeah it's sick. It's a re-release of the sharp X68000 castlevania so it's anotehr 16-bit take on castlevania. They added a new "arrange mode" that has no knockback and difficulty settings which affect damage done/taken I guess? The "original mode" is the X68000 game with knockback and you die in 4 hits. It's similar to castlevania III in difficulty

Sounds good, I'll add it to the list. Love the Kojima cover art.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bump. Let's get that rear end bros. Only 24 days left. And start thinking about 2023 Gaming Goals.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

since doom wound up becpoming one of my biggest gaming obsessions ever im escalating my goal and deciding to learn how to speedrun doom maps. theres a couple individual levels i played this year that i really loved and dont have an entry on the dsda leaderboards so i can carve out my mark on history.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

2023 goal: rescue Bicyclops from Roger Waters' Nightmare Dimension

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic posted:

I’m in

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic posted:

Lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

symbolic posted:

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

symbolic posted:

He always comes back man. Don't worry abou tit.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

you have my sword

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im streaming on Twitch dot tv if anybody wants to watch me try to shave off 2 seconds of DoomII Map31 No Monsters. /in_training.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

I still need to beat a dungeon crawler and finish the arcade cabinet that's been sitting unassembled in my garage for 3 years

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I kind of ended up on a Dragon Quest bender out of nowhere so now I have to play all of them in order and some spinoffs if there's time.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

symbolic posted:

I think he was up to Super Pitfall in his NES playthrough so he probably just took up golf instead.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Absolutely failed all of mine. Elden Ring/Xenoblade combo took half the year away from me + Gamer Ennui after finishing both.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i didnt beat poo poo on my list ever since june but I did do a ton of sick gaming

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I beat 100 games this year, which was not one of the goals I set out for myself at the beginning of the year, but it is a 'gaming goal'.

I also got my name in the credits of a game, which is kinda cool.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

My gaming goals for 2022:
1. Finish the Yakuza series and the Judgment duology
2. Finish Final Fantasy VII Remake
3. Play more retro games
4. Try to play at least one RPG a month

Failed miserably at the first, did 2, definitely been playing a lot more retro games and RPGs so… semi-success?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite posted:

I beat 100 games this year, which was not one of the goals I set out for myself at the beginning of the year, but it is a 'gaming goal'.

I also got my name in the credits of a game, which is kinda cool.

congrats! I actually saw that when I finished Queen's Brothel this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

That Little Demon posted:

congrats! I actually saw that when I finished Queen's Brothel this year

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)